General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, b138oo said:

so will he go straight to Japan and appear in like 50 shows?? Bc if he doesn’t, then the Yuzu withdrawal symptoms will start appearing in 3 days I guess 

I don't think he will be doing many shows this year.  He's already said in interviews that his top priority is to get his ankle back to where it should be.  That's the reason he's not doing Worlds this year (at least as far as we know - has there been any official word on that?).  He needs to get things back to where he can pursue his next challenge (according to him), a quad axel.  I also think a fifth GPF, a first 4CC, another Japan National win, and a third World title might be on his agenda.  I think basically he might be looking at picking up where things went awry this season and doing in the upcoming season all the stuff he didn't get done this time around.  If he does all that he'll retain his number one world ranking and perhaps also feel ready to decide whether he'll go for a threepeat.  After all, Beijing 2022 is not unrealistic.  He'll be only 27, hardly ancient and the whole scene might be quite different from what we see today.  One less jumping pass in the upcoming rules and what else might they come up with to equalize TES and PCS?  The fact is that if the rules are reconstituted to balance the athletic and aesthetic aspects of the sport that can only work to Yuzu's advantage.   He's the one who's getting the ten scores from the judges nowadays.  Patrick Chan is history and the one skater amongst all the men on top today who really rakes in the PCS points is Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan.  I would say, however, that Shoma is definitely getting better there, also, as also Boyang.  But none of them have the innate musicality and the gifted choreographers working with them as Yuzu does.

Guys, thank you for collecting the various versions of Yuzu's performances, I just downloaded the NBC versions of course, it's ubelieveable how much better they are than the original camerawork! Another thing I find incredible is that Tara and Johnny didn't prattle on and on during Yuzu's skates, a true miracle. 

Which reminds me: although the video quality is top notch, the audio on those videos is pretty crappy is there a version with actually good audio, with more nuances of the music?

Also, who were the commentators on NBCSN? They were the same ones that I watched live with Eurosport, and I thought the were the least intrusive commentators out there.

(Also, any idea where I might get HQ performances of other men?)

On 19/2/2018 at 15:28, ICeleste said:

This past week I've saved more than 500 photos of Yuzuru in Pyeongchang- from his arrival at the airport to the practices, Chopin, Seimei, K&C moments, plushies and medal ceremonies, fluff, interviews, press conferences and media appearances.

I’ve uploaded them all in this album and I want to share them with you all

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMmPm1xOwyOmRdMpcBjgG4cZt274LWyX3kAgjuQPxZMqRz3zaX1UCEbuP43B1wUqA?key=YloyUlF4WHBnUktLVFdYWlBmQmh2bjhuNzFDTjdB

I've updated the album with more practice shenanigans, Swanyu and the closing ceremony! More than 800 photos now :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

48 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I don't think he will be doing many shows this year.  He's already said in interviews that his top priority is to get his ankle back to where it should be.  That's the reason he's not doing Worlds this year (at least as far as we know - has there been any official word on that?).  He needs to get things back to where he can pursue his next challenge (according to him), a quad axel.  I also think a fifth GPF, a first 4CC, another Japan National win, and a third World title might be on his agenda.  I think basically he might be looking at picking up where things went awry this season and doing in the upcoming season all the stuff he didn't get done this time around.  If he does all that he'll retain his number one world ranking and perhaps also feel ready to decide whether he'll go for a threepeat.  After all, Beijing 2022 is not unrealistic.  He'll be only 27, hardly ancient and the whole scene might be quite different from what we see today.  One less jumping pass in the upcoming rules and what else might they come up with to equalize TES and PCS?  The fact is that if the rules are reconstituted to balance the athletic and aesthetic aspects of the sport that can only work to Yuzu's advantage.   He's the one who's getting the ten scores from the judges nowadays.  Patrick Chan is history and the one skater amongst all the men on top today who really rakes in the PCS points is Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan.  I would say, however, that Shoma is definitely getting better there, also, as also Boyang.  But none of them have the innate musicality and the gifted choreographers working with them as Yuzu does.

You forgot Skate Canada :winky:

13 minutes ago, kelly said:

Guys y'all are forgetting the parade :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

Yeah, we'll be seeing him from time to time, at least for a while; he won't disappear for 6 months straight. No idea if he'll do shows (he'll want to but it'll depend on his recovery time) but there's some interviews or something planned for May, right?

12 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I knew this was coming but... :sadPooh:

It's nothing we didn't know before. He needs to heal his ankle; going to Worlds doesn't allow him to do so, so he is better off skiping it (and JSF, don't ask him to!). And he'll return to practice when his ankle doesn't pain him anymore.