General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Xen said:

There might be some misquoting going on? Because I don't know if Brian's hair will survive, and I don't think Nessie is quite that ready yet. Seriously, they need to have some mercy on our fragile souls.

Well, I think we can safely assume that Brian's hair is toast anyway. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

But I agree that Nessie is probably not ready yet. Even with the 3A being his best jump, 4.5 rotations cannot be easy on the ankles... Or any body part, really...

37 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Could it be the wording or translation? Because I don't like this. I'm okay with Yuzu having expectations for himself. I'm not okay with whoever it is, but especially his sponsors, expecting nessie and applying the pressure especially for next season already.

:knc_brian3:

I don't think it's like pressure, I think their messaging is meant to keep expectation of his comeback and 4A talk in the context of the immediate future, not in the 'in a galaxy far far away' kind of future. They'll get a lot of mileage out of him now with all the publicity, I think they just want to capitalise on it by pointing out that he's definitely not done. Anyway, they've always been very good sponsors, haven't they? Decisions Yuzu has made about his competitions and his appearances seem to have come from him so far. Benefit of the doubt, I think.

29 minutes ago, Xen said:

There might be some misquoting going on? Because I don't know if Brian's hair will survive, and I don't think Nessie is quite that ready yet. Seriously, they need to have some mercy on our fragile souls.

No, 5, 6 months off season is Not enough. The injury isn't one that he can just surgery away-it's a soft tissue ligament type, and he would need significant time off-ice. I dont' think worlds is happening this season, he will need at least the next 2 months to rest and figure out what's wrong. Then about a month, 2 months of on ice training to regain form.  He won't be ready to really train until august at earliest. >_>

Yep, next ACI as a test competition is about the best I expect, and definitely not with 4A. Maybe 4Lo to come back by GPF. 

14 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I don't think it's like pressure, I think their messaging is meant to keep expectation of his comeback and 4A talk in the context of the immediate future, not in the 'in a galaxy far far away' kind of future. They'll get a lot of mileage out of him now with all the publicity, I think they just want to capitalise on it by pointing out that he's definitely not done. Anyway, they've always been very good sponsors, haven't they? Decisions Yuzu has made about his competitions and his appearances seem to have come from him so far. Benefit of the doubt, I think.

I read it as more pride and PR, too. “Our boy really is this miraculous” and “he’ll be back, watch out” but it’s difficult without hearing tone of voice etc. 

6 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

What is Nessie?

I want yuzu off ice until summer ends really. He needs to go to onsen lots and eat healthy and just sleep loads and take medications and surgery

4A, named Nessie after the Loch Ness Monster of Scottish tales, who is also affectionately called Nessie. Lots of reported sightings of Nessie, but never caught convincingly on camera. 

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Um.

So, I'm the only one who thinks 4A is perfectly fine for next season? K.

:biggrin:

I wonder.... part of me wonders whether he was a lot further along in his 4A preparation pre-injury than we thought he was.... a part of me thinks he MEANT for it to come out this coming next season, but that now probably not. 

Given how much ANA has done for him without asking much in return - very few CMs and promo activities for ANA, compared to others - I like to think Shirota is on his side and she's only repeating what he himself has said. Also, I'd like to remind everyone of "no, he's not doing 4Lz this season" last Summer and most people believing it wasn't ready and he wasn't training it that seriously. Yes, Brian said he's trained 4A in a harness, and Yuzu has said he hasn't landed it and doesn't have a clear image, but the truth is, we have no idea how much he's done it or what his success rate is. However, if he aims for 4A in competition next season, it would be humiliating for his sponsor to say: "Oh, no, we don't have any expectations, let alone 4A!" Also, she clearly said it depends on his condition.

Now, they'll be in Japan in about an hour, then there'll be media... today or tomorrow the check-up and then we'll see. We'll definitely see more of him until June or so, I guess (press, ie shows maybe, talk events, parade etc.)

Also, the new book comes out on Thursday, so that'll be interesting...