General Yuzuru Chat

49 minutes ago, Xen said:

For all we know, the PCs gap between Patrick/Javi/Yuzu and the rest might actually increase rather than decrease. You don't know what to treasure until you miss it for a long time right? 

Mmmh you're raising my expectations like this!!

But whatever, I am HYPED. 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

The thing that is interesting about this season is how a lot of the "artistic" skaters like Javi, Patrick and Yuzu got sidelined due to injuries, loss of confidence etc. Judges are humans, and humans like to compare and contrast. When everything looks about the same, you have to differentiate a bit between the sameness, that's what judges are suppose to do for the competitions. So imagine what may happen if these somewhat deprived judges finally get to see a clean/more clean Patrick, Javi and Yuzu in competition in contrast against the quadsters? Who knows, maybe they'll have an experience like tasting proper home cooked comfort food after weeks of McDonald's. For all we know, the PCs gap between Patrick/Javi/Yuzu and the rest might actually increase rather than decrease. You don't know what to treasure until you miss it for a long time right? 

This thought had crossed my mind---but I dismissed it as wishful thinking. I hope you're right!

29 minutes ago, Floria said:

I am curious about the Chopin photo on our gorgeous banner. I saved tons of CoR photos but I don't know the source of this particular one. I have a painting project in mind and I need the original for it. Thank in advance!

it's actually a screenshot i took from a CoR video:smiley-scared003:

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

TCC's epic trailer video for Pyeongchang, I, Tonya who? :laughing: (yuzu learnt drama from the best, clearly)

You know, this probably took a while to put together...and Brian was "a bit irritiated" at his skaters erasure...:happy:

So what does the TCC do to counter the thing irritiating it's director?

GO EXTRA *insert long zusa gif here* PUNCH  A HIGHER FLOOR (of Drama).

Well done TCC, well done:clap:

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

TCC's epic trailer video for Pyeongchang, I, Tonya who? :laughing: (yuzu learnt drama from the best, clearly)

You know, this probably took a while to put together...and Brian was "a bit irritiated" at his skaters erasure...:happy:

So what does the TCC do to counter the thing irritiating it's director?

GO EXTRA *insert long zusa gif here* PUNCH  A HIGHER FLOOR (of Drama).

Well done TCC, well done:clap:

5 hours ago, Xen said:

I wish they left Nathan alone so he could train?  He's trying really hard to maintain focus on himself and not other skaters, and yet media keeps on trying to drag his concentration away. 

Me too; I've been more worried about the Nathan-hype affecting Nathan than it affecting Yuzuru tbh. The USFS has a long history of (making) their skaters bomb due to nerves probably secondary to overhyping. But I'm glad that here it sounds like he's not taking it seriously and knows how US media works. I'm sure Yuzuru would want everyone to do well so he can crush them properly :biggrin:

I can't seem to view the TCC video though; looks like we've overloaded it :(