General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, wombat-poodle said:

Johnny Weir, for example.

I like how Yuzuru once said he wants to be a skater with the qualities of both Johnny Weir and Plushenko. They're very different skaters but Yuzuru does not limit himself. 

And he's succeeded. We wouldn't have all that controversy otherwise...:biggrin:

Okay so. I've seen this video shared on tumblr from twitter and I had never seen it before. I don't know from which competition it is. But then, as I was watching the footage of Yuzu trying out the 4S+3T in LGC, I see him doing a move right after the 3T, right when Prince says 'go crazy', which is absolutely amazing, but which I've never seen in competition!

Am I just delusional or did he never put that move in Competition, during the season?

I only know I will watch this video on repeat for days because that move is just. Woah. It's just a small detail, but the way he does this during practice... never seen it before. 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Okay so. I've seen this video shared on tumblr from twitter and I had never seen it before. I don't know from which competition it is. But then, as I was watching the footage of Yuzu trying out the 4S+3T in LGC, I see him doing a move right after the 3T, right when Prince says 'go crazy', which is absolutely amazing, but which I've never seen in competition!

Am I just delusional or did he never put that move in Competition, during the season?

I only know I will watch this video on repeat for days because that move is just. Woah. It's just a small detail, but the way he does this during practice... never seen it before. 

I think he tried to do it in ACI or SC. It was amazing, i wish he could have done it more times...

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I think he tried to do it in ACI or SC. It was amazing, i wish he could have done it more times...

It was probably planned, but the 4Sal curse didn't give him time to put it after a step-out or fall... LGC is a program that doesn't allow and doesn't forgive any mistakes - meaning, if you lose even half a second, every other thing will be out of tune with the music. A level of accuracy that other skaters only dream of. 

I wish I could have seen it more times as well :sadPooh:

28 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Sorry, I know thos was like 20 pages ago, but that's plain stupid. The reason why Yuzuru dominates isn't just his perfect jumps - it's because he's got everything else too. Basically, he's just too good at everything to be beaten with anything less than a bazzillion of quads. Blaming Yuzuru because he's just too good? WTF.

Yuzu's quad thirst is causing figure skating to die! Because Nathan Chen's skating sucks! - basically that confession 

6 hours ago, Floria said:

Yes, I remember that interview. It was quite interesting but that comment about the last masculine skater was just :disagree:

Anyway could any of these people who call Yuzuru "feminine" and "fragile"  imagine how much strength of body and mind is necessary to jump a quad?

6 hours ago, lily said:

Having followed kpop for a really long time I never really noticed yuzuru was "feminine" and even thought he was quite manly lmao...

Though I don't know how someone could think doing 4 rotations in under a second MULTIPLE TIMES and landing with 4(?) times their weight is feminine but that's just me?

I remember someone (whose name or face I cannot recall) saying that if you asked big masculine NHL professional hockey players to skate full speed the length of the rink and then jump in the air to rotate four times, they would look at you like "Are you out of your f**king mind?" (I think the words actually used were, "Are you crazy?")

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Just out of curiosity, how many times has he been on the cover of Ice Levels? I think he must be like... their favourite subject for covers! :embSwan:

Isn't he basically their covers? Heck, he is even in the anime Ice Jewels cover.

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Just out of curiosity, how many times has he been on the cover of Ice Levels? I think he must be like... their favourite subject for covers! :embSwan:

Who can blame them tho, they must be really frustrated when choosing cover pics because all the pics of him are pretty :biggrin:

32 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I remember someone (whose name or face I cannot recall) saying that if you asked big masculine NHL professional hockey players to skate full speed the length of the rink and then jump in the air to rotate four times, they would look at you like "Are you out of your f**king mind?" (I think the words actually used were, "Are you crazy?")

There's gotta be a few "Hockey players try figure skating" YouTube videos out there... I remember one with Kristi Yamaguchi and her husband but he actually wasn't so bad lol

8 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Isn't he basically their covers? Heck, he is even in the anime Ice Jewels cover.

Well, he IS an Ice Jewel :snpeace:

13 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Who can blame them tho, they must be really frustrated when choosing cover pics because all the pics of him are pretty :biggrin:

That's why my figure skating folder is 99,9% Yuzu pics  :embSwan: