General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, the50person said:

I rmb Yuzu mentioned something about how he felt that he was similar to the description of Abe no Seimei in the novel, being a tall, fair-skinned and androgynous man. Can't seem to find the original translation though. But I think Shae also mentioned smth like that: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nliomd

Yes, he said that in interview in Katei Gahou magazine (one where he was dressed in hakama).

I don't have translation either, only scan of the magazine.

Anyway, though this is brought up by an english site that covers japanese entertainment, I don't think we should take on what several internet comments from a certain magazine/community/site (idk what girlschannel is, forgive me) as a general perception of how Yuzuru is seen/perceived there.

He tops quite a lot of positive poll (including this one on the news article) and it should be a testament that he is generally well-liked, respected and admired there. Of course, he can't be liked by everybody and he would have a handful who dislike/hate him, but that's life. And since he has more who admire him and respect him compared to those who are not, I don't think it would matter. :4chsmu1:

2 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

but seriously, yuzu really does have a very beautiful name

it's poetic and artistic and beautiful just like he and his skating is

I loved his name since the first time I heard it. But so many commentators especially english speakers ones mistake his name. It's hillarious! Yazunori or Yazura etc ... :space:

4 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I loved his name since the first time I heard it. But so many commentators especially english speakers ones mistake his name. It's hillarious! Yazunori or Yazura etc ... :space:

same. and there's the yuruzu one too :rofl:. I seriously love how Japanese names are usually so poetic and meaningful, unlike my name which have almost absolutely no meaning :ohwell:

8 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

it's like my mom knows about yuzu (even tho she doesn't watch skating) thru my obsession/love for him hahaha

also my mom's like "omg it's not enough his skating and appearance is beautiful, even his name is beautiful...! his parents must be so proud"

Haha, your mom is wonderful :) 

I still haven't really told anyone about Yuzuru because I don't want to hear any sarcastic comments :rolleye0008: But I guess sooner or later I'll have to explain all the giggles and sudden energy spikes caused by the random realizations of how talented and amazing Yuzu is :Pineapple:

10 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Oh, the BESP uncles, who were saying he'd be a World Champion one day ever since 2010 and then completely failed to say his name correctly for years. 

33 minutes ago, the50person said:

I rmb Yuzu mentioned something about how he felt that he was similar to the description of Abe no Seimei in the novel, being a tall, fair-skinned and androgynous man. Can't seem to find the original translation though. But I think Shae also mentioned smth like that: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nliomd

Yes !

I also remember that he said in an interview that if he had to play kabuki, he would be the onnagata (a man playing a female roles), and not the bold, masculine actor.

... But on the other hand, he also said in his long interview with Kenji that he had a complex about his girlish face, so...

That being said, in mangas and animes, especially in shojos (but not only) the most beautiful guys have almost always a delicate, feminine face and a graceful, long and slender body... Yuzu fits totally the type :)

ETA : wow this medal is freaking awesome !

...catching up on the thread after work I started thinking about what attracted me at first/ made me a fan and admirer.

I saw Yuzu first at Nice. And I think it was the musicality, the passion of the last part and the beauty of the first spiral.

It looked so musical, powerful, unconventional...I was awestruck and somehow could not believe what I had seen was real!:grin:

I was : did he really do this? Who is this?

It was much later that I thought of him as good looking, handsome and quite striking in every way - at first I fell in love with his connection with music.

Still love it.

Could write hours about it..:radio-006:

Have to add, am sitting here thinking deeply and remembering: I think he touched my heart with his skating that day, and I am quite sure he would have done so if he were ugly. Big words, but I think it would have been so.. 

7 minutes ago, Altie said:

Yes !

I also remember that he said in an interview that if he had to play kabuki, he would be the onnagata (a man playing a female roles), and not the bold, masculine actor.

I found an exact quote.

(Do you think the character of “Onmyoji” fits you?)
”Well, yes, I am relatively that type of person, I’d think…”
“I am thin and am definitely not a “samurai”, well, I might be able to play a female role, though (laughter).  But I do have the “samurai” spirit in terms of challenging fights, so I think I might be able to express that Japanese-like strength within delicateness.”

from: https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/121644535977/yuzurus-interview-by-nhk-on-15-june