General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

It's been an awful day today. I worked in a kind of state of panic.

I don't understand why JSF releases information little by little each day :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I'm not sure this has already been posted but this is the message board made by Sendai broadcast.

http://www.ox-tv.co.jp/en/

When you place the cursor over the message you want to read, the image gets larger.

I read all of the messages. I found many messages from abroad, one of which is from a Mexican girl.  @Hydroblade is not only fan of Yuzu in Mexico, obviously!

Hopefully Yuzu will read them from Toronto, and hopefully these messages everybody wrote so sincerely will give him some strength which he must need now.

To win (katsu=勝つ), it's good to eat Tonkatsu. Some mothers cook Tonkatsu when the child has important competitions or exams the next day.

In fact, I ate Tonkatsu sandwich at Yoyogi arena on men's free day of WTT, praying for Yuzu's victory, and it worked!!

That's so sweet! I found the message of the nice lady who gave me the cute 4Lz badge she made! (2nd column from the left, 4 from the bottom with the cute 4Lz drawing.) I also saw her ema when I went to Yuzuruha Shrine! (https://twitter.com/gurikonoomake1)

I can see a few from other Twitter users, too!

38 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

It's been an awful day today. I worked in a kind of state of panic.

I don't understand why JSF releases information little by little each day :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I'm not sure this has already been posted but this is the message board made by Sendai broadcast.

http://www.ox-tv.co.jp/en/

When you place the cursor over the message you want to read, the image gets larger.

I read all of the messages. I found many messages from abroad, one of which is from a Mexican girl.  @Hydroblade is not only fan of Yuzu in Mexico, obviously!

Hopefully Yuzu will read them from Toronto, and hopefully these messages everybody wrote so sincerely will give him some strength which he must need now.

To win (katsu=勝つ), it's good to eat Tonkatsu. Some mothers cook Tonkatsu when the child has important competitions or exams the next day.

In fact, I ate Tonkatsu sandwich at Yoyogi arena on men's free day of WTT, praying for Yuzu's victory, and it worked!!

My message is there, too... :sadPooh: Thank you for this! I probably would have never known it did make the board if not for this!

As for the Yuzu anxiety... maybe it's because work is crazy stressful these days, but it hasn't gotten to me yet. I know he'll be more careful than usual and in a way, this will only serve to motivate him next year. I cannot imagine him retiring after such a season. He might even feel pumped up enough to try for the next Olympics, because this has been an awful Olympic Season.

I also have no doubts he will be at the Olympics, no matter what. But I hope he takes his time until then and keeps that goal in mind. I hope they keep an eye on him and pace, comfort and encourage him properly at TCC

7 時間前, SparkleSaladさんが言いました:

Personally? No friggin' way. He has bankrupted my heart and wallet once, I can't handle twice. :dpooh:

Oh. Whoops. Sorry. Let's hope he's well enough to turn up for both then. I mean, there's also Milan who seems to want him there badly enough to be dropping rather unsubtle hints and all...I'd feel sorry for them as well if he doesn't show. ^^;;

2 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Oh. Whoops. Sorry. Let's hope he's well enough to turn up for both then. I mean, there's also Milan who seems to want him there badly enough to be dropping rather unsubtle hints and all...

:biggrin: I’m being selfish. Of course Olympics is more important! I’m sure he’ll be gunning for both, though, and I’m sure he’ll be healed before then. :)

2 hours ago, CupidsBow said:

TBH I think it's more to get the general feeling to 1) being sympathetic to Yuzuru; by all accounts he is doing everything he should be doing for his ankle to heal, he's being careful in his rehabilitation and isn't being hasty trying to rush back into training despite wanting to go to nationals 2) Creating the feeling where even the most casual interest reader seeing this news wants him to withdraw for his own good to ensure he is fully healed for where it really matters - at Olympics. The message seems to be that he is healing, but it took a little longer than expected because of the injury being a bit more serious than initially thought and some lingering inflammation, but he is on track to be fit and in good condition to compete in time for Pyeongchang. I think it's less about preparing for withdrawal news but more to prepare the public for him to be named on the team despite him not attending nationals. I assume that's also why they are holding off the announcement - partially because he may want that door open just in case even though it is becoming apparent there is no way he can make it without screwing up his recovery/rehab process but also to make it clear that despite the injury he really was trying very hard to be able to compete, but just wasn't. Average Joe of Japan with a passing interest in figure skating / skating fans that aren't particularly invested in Yuzu are going to find it way easier to swallow when he is announced for Pyeongchang with it being made so clear that he wanted to get the spot through competing at Nationals but circumstances forced him to withdraw. He's being painted in a very sympathetic light while still giving the impression he should be back on the ice and training early/ mid-January.

I mean. I've been swayed. I now am team 'hope he withdraws from Nationals but I hope his team has considered 4CC, damn I wish I had applied for tickets to Teipei' while as recent as yesterday I was rooting for him to be able to go Nats.

I agreed with this. By releasing and updating his condition quite early before the comp, people can accept it slowly, to the point that they just want him to WD to focus on recovery. If they announce his WD all of sudden, the reactions would be way different with  many conspiracy theories. I think this time they handle the same way Rusfed did with Evgenia. But since Yuzuru has way bigger impact, both from media and general public, not to mention with the broadcasters/TV rating/tickets so thing became a bit chaotic.

I'm a bit frustrated by the way they reveal his condition little by little , but it could be that Yuzuru give them one comment each day too. Yuzuru is the one who suffer the most at this moment, so I try my best to stay calm and wish all the best thing for him. Hopefully we can see the headline "Yuzuru restart on ice training, no more pain" soon :"D

2 hours ago, CupidsBow said:

TBH I think it's more to get the general feeling to 1) being sympathetic to Yuzuru; by all accounts he is doing everything he should be doing for his ankle to heal, he's being careful in his rehabilitation and isn't being hasty trying to rush back into training despite wanting to go to nationals 2) Creating the feeling where even the most casual interest reader seeing this news wants him to withdraw for his own good to ensure he is fully healed for where it really matters - at Olympics. The message seems to be that he is healing, but it took a little longer than expected because of the injury being a bit more serious than initially thought and some lingering inflammation, but he is on track to be fit and in good condition to compete in time for Pyeongchang. I think it's less about preparing for withdrawal news but more to prepare the public for him to be named on the team despite him not attending nationals. I assume that's also why they are holding off the announcement - partially because he may want that door open just in case even though it is becoming apparent there is no way he can make it without screwing up his recovery/rehab process but also to make it clear that despite the injury he really was trying very hard to be able to compete, but just wasn't. Average Joe of Japan with a passing interest in figure skating / skating fans that aren't particularly invested in Yuzu are going to find it way easier to swallow when he is announced for Pyeongchang with it being made so clear that he wanted to get the spot through competing at Nationals but circumstances forced him to withdraw. He's being painted in a very sympathetic light while still giving the impression he should be back on the ice and training early/ mid-January.

I mean. I've been swayed. I now am team 'hope he withdraws from Nationals but I hope his team has considered 4CC, damn I wish I had applied for tickets to Teipei' while as recent as yesterday I was rooting for him to be able to go Nats.

This is what I believe as well especially since I read the things posted in the other place. It seems that there are people trying to stir trouble and claim that it is unfair to chose Yuzuru for the Olympic team if he did not compete at nationals. So i think the JSF are trying protect him by making it clear that he really wanted to be there and was prevented by the injury, which would help calm the criticism when the choice is made. Although I think that those making a fuss now really don't want him on the team and will be complaining regardless 

My hope is that the JSF would announce him on the team the same time they announce his withdrawal to make it clear that he qualified already and Nationals is not a deciding factor in this case. IMO this would be better than waiting after the competition since everyone will know that there are only two spots (more like one) available and there won't be rage about not choosing someone if they had the skate of their life there :shrug:

8 minutes ago, Neenah said:

This is what I believe as well especially since I read the things posted in the other place. It seems that there are people trying to stir trouble and claim that it is unfair to chose Yuzuru for the Olympic team if he did not compete at nationals. So i think the JSF are trying protect him by making it clear that he really wanted to be there and was prevented by the injury, which would help calm the criticism when the choice is made. Although I think that those making a fuss now really don't want him on the team and will be complaining regardless 

Sigh. There is no criticism to be made. Yuzu meets a bunch of criteria for the third spot, above everyone else who might be 3rd at Nationals. Heck, he has better Season ranking than any other Japanese man not named Shoma. Whatever one might find in that other place, it's illogical nonsense and anyone with brains will never find Yuzu being chosen unfair, and JSF doesn't need to do anything to justify themselves. 

Just now, xeyra said:

Sigh. There is no criticism to be made. Yuzu meets a bunch of criteria for the third spot, above everyone else who might be 3rd at Nationals. Heck, he has better Season ranking than any other Japanese man not named Shoma. Whatever one might find in that other place, it's illogical nonsense and anyone with brains will never find Yuzu being chosen unfair, least of all JSF. 

Yet, that does not stop people from accusing us of being unfair to other Japanese skaters when we say that he deserves that spot by merit and accomplishments even without competing at nationals  :facepalm:

As I pointed out earlier, I do think Yuzu will go to 4CC.  He needs to have one competition under his belt before he takes the ice at PC.  For those who worry, the fact that 4CC is so close to PC is not worrisome.  Competitions can be just as close during the GP series and Yuzu's dealt with that before.  I do think he might skate a 'dumbed down' program then.  Remember how he did that at ACI and still set a record in his short program.  My guess will be that once Yuzu's back on the ice Brian will have him skate his programs with an emphasis on PCS elements.  Don't forget that when Yuzu's performance composites are maxed the only person who approaches him there is Patrick.  The good thing about concentrating on them is that he can skate a practice where he does almost no jumping, making his quads, perhaps, into just doubles, just enough to allow him not to forget the pace of things.  Actually, I think the jumps might not be so dangerous to him, in terms of re-injury, as much as the spins.  There's a lot of ankle stress in those.  At least with recent news we know the knee is all right.  I think a lot of us a few days ago were thinking it was a double injury Yuzu faced.  If what Nobu said is true, that Yuzu can recover his quads in just a couple days, I think Yuzu's practices up to 4CC might largely eliminate the quads and I think he and Brian are rethinking the advisability of going after a quad lutz at PC.  Yuzu's pride might want him to include it, but it was his impetuous pursuit of that quad in practice that caused all the agony to begin with.  If Yuzu wants to wow the world, I think he might think of a quad/quad combination.  I'm positive, with his legendary momentum coming out of his jumps, that he could pull it off, particularly if it's a combination of two fairly simple quads (simple?  remember though that 12 year old in the wings at TCC).  If there is a  base value for a quad/quad combination in the scoring manual, then I think he should pursue it.  That would give him a definite record to embellish this very difficult (non)season he's been having, being the first skater to do a quad/quad combo, although I'd recommend that he save that for PC rather than Taipei.  Knowing Yuzu's competitive nature, I think he needs to have something new to show off when he's back in competition.   Remember that Yuzu's number one fan is himself, and that that particular fan is more exacting than any of those in the stands.  As for the quad lutz, well, while it would be hard for Yuzu to back off from that in competition, he can console himself with the fact that Boyang's the first to do that before a panel of judges, which means that Yuzu is just following someone else and is not the first to do it.  A quad/quad, however, would be a first and I don't think any other skater has the necessary height and speed to pull it off, and particularly no other skater could pull it off and follow it with a combination that knits the jump into the choreography.  Any other skater would be happy just to land the thing and not having fallen or touched his hand to the ice.  If not a quad/quad, maybe Yuzu might pull off a quad axle instead, a move he'd been developing in absolute secrecy (wouldn't that be nice?).  If not any of those two possibilities, then there is something else Yuzu could do at PC to put his mark in skating history as the 'Absolute Champion', and that would be to set three new world records.  After all, he's already done that twice and nobody else has even come close.  In fact, remember that another skater has only breaken a record Yuzu set once, and that was Patrick back in 2013.  Yuzu, though, just two weeks earlier broke Patrick's mark.  There have been skaters who have bettered Yuzu's record-setting scores but Yuzu had already set a new record by the time they did it.  I'm fairly serene in thinking that Yuzu can triumph and I think he can, not by capturing his mind-set from 2015 but getting back into the mental mode he had for the GPF in 2014, where he was recovering from that disastrous collision in Shanghai.  His long-program there, where he did fall once late in the proceedings, would have set a long-program record if he hadn't had the fall.  The reason I think that was Yuzu's  greatest performance is that it involved his recovery from an incident just as grave as the one he's dealing with this year.  It showed a Yuzu hell-bent on victory.  That's the Yuzu we need this year.