General Yuzuru Chat

From google trans, lol correct me if I am wrong but it seems like the magazine ask Zhenya if she likes Hanyu??? Lolol please Japanese native speaker answer this. :rofl2:

She dodged though.

The other stuff seems like old stuff where she said he is inspirational, the best etc etc.

Would they really ask her this? This seems too personal question for a Japanese culture, no? ... I will also be waiting for any native speaker to help us with it...

But if they really did... Can we get a picture of her face when she was asked about it? :smile:

Can anyone translate what did Zhenya say about Yuzuru in this interview?

https://jp.sputniknews.com/opinion/201705053608807/

From google trans, lol correct me if I am wrong but it seems like the magazine ask Zhenya if she likes Hanyu??? Lolol please Japanese native speaker answer this. :rofl2:

She dodged though.

The other stuff seems like old stuff where she said he is inspirational, the best etc etc.

Roughly translated the first part of the interview (after that is more about herself.)

Sputnic: How does Hanyu inspire you? Why do you want to skate with him?

Zhenya: He inspires me as an athlete. Today many skaters see him as a role model. He is peerless as an athlete and no one would question that.

Sputnic: On internet we can find many photos of you two together. Don’t you like him not only as an athlete but also as a young man?

Zhenya: I don’t want to answer such question. I’ve made friends with many skaters from many countries in the first place. They are from the USA, Japan, China, Korea, France, Philippine… almost everywhere in the world. We all get along with each other really well. In competitions, we try to spend good time together because we don’t have much time to get together. Basically we talk in English. Sometimes we get together in someone’s room and have a chat or watch movies and videos.

ETA:

This site is more like a Japanese branch of this news site than a Japanese media.

She dodged though.

Roughly translated the first part of the interview (after that is more about herself.)

Zhenya: He inspires me as an athlete. Today many skaters see him as a role model. He is peerless as an athlete and no one would question that.

Sputnic: On internet we can find many photos of you two together. Don’t you like him not only as an athlete but also as a young man?

Zhenya: I don’t want to answer such question. I’ve made friends with many skaters from many countries in the first place. They are from the USA, Japan, China, Korea, France, Philippine… almost everywhere in the world. We all get along with each other really well. In competitions, we try to spend good time together because we don’t have much time to get together. Basically we talk in English. Sometimes we get together in someone’s room and have a chat or watch movies and videos.

LOL I can't believe they actually ask her that??? I thought google trans is fooling around lmao :xD:

On a side note google trans is pretty accurate in giving you the gist of what the interview is about though as always the translation is messy. Thanks for the translation sweetwater, here +3 goe for you :goe:

You'll have a mad crowd of superjealous girls here... do you really want that?

Lol I can only speak for myself, but if I'd get to kiss Yuzu I wouldn't really care about some jealous girls or not :laugh: #worthit

She dodged though.

:s_whiteflag Lolll

She dodged though.

ETA:

This site is more like a Japanese branch of this news site than a Japanese media.

Med is multi-talented. She's dodging that question like Neo. Might as well give us a "I can neither confirm nor deny" :rofl2:

60a54a4c3e35b9ce0b9b9b4e78e49603.gif

ETA:

OMG, poor Zhenya. I can't believe it :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

If that would have been my 17 year old self, I would have looked like a shrinking tomato.

Thanks for translating sweetwater :pbow:

Yuzu's going to FaOI! All three places.

http://www.fantasy-on-ice.com/?url_type ... page&pos=1

I don't know whether I'm exited or simply worried :crazy:

yay a viewing party seems like a fab idea. it would be fun, all of us flopping all over planethanyu :devil:

may be we should have drinking games? i guess all of us are not old enough is it? :acceptable:

anyway, its Yuzu and its Us, gonna be amazing. :yay: :yay: :yay:

fingers crosses for working stream. :bow:

we should put up a front page notice on the forum with the show viewing times and channels and then have a specific "viewing party thread" where we can all watch and go nuts :yay: :yay: :yay:

This I am definitely excited for :space:

woah we already have 9000+ posts on Planet Hanyu

And it's off season :devil:

lol just wait till season properly starts

this place will be so much fun hehehehehehe :devil:

I'm playing catch up with the forum after being away only 3 days how am I supposed to manage then :s_whiteflag

:pbow: :pbow: Hello fellow floating satellites over Planet Hanyu! :pbow: :pbow:

We are officially a week old! :space:

According to the statistics, so far we have:

Total posts 9349 • Total topics 120 • Total members 1680

We get approx. 1321 posts and 237 users per day :acceptable:

Thanks to all of you who decided to come and populate the low orbit of Planet Hanyu :goe: may we keep discussing our favorite space kitty like we've been doing until now :D :pooh:

I'm late to the party but :goe:

Poor Zhenya. Everyone now knows of her crush admiration and want to embarrass her a bit with it, but she's a smart cookie and dodges it like a professional.

This reminds me of that Russian Olympic Channel twitter playing matchmaker between them, but I think they ended up removing the tweets.