General Yuzuru Chat

Yep! About FaOI, main TV broadcast is TV Asahi, not Fuji.

And about Makuhari, they usually broadcast live Saturday night show.

It's unusual to see ice show live.

Maybe when the time comes we'll find a good stream here: http://soyouwanttowatchfs.tumblr.com/

I have always found good working streams in there!

And a viewing party is a great ideea! :pbow:

Thanks. i bookmarked it!

I'm happy to see him again soon :)

I think 9 shows are not too much, but I do hope he takes care of his health <3

Agree. Futher, about usual seasons, it ends at the early of July of all 4 regions.

But this season shows are held only in 3 cities and will end earlier considering Olympic season.

Yuzu loves show, and he also shines show.

Can't wait to see him in shows for the first time in 2 years!

I screamed when I saw that he's doing FaOI :space: Hope we wil find good stream when they will be showing it on TV :yay: It's ridiculous that news alone about some shows in Japan that I will never attend in person are giving me so much happiness :rofl2:

I think he'll be fine. It's only 3 stops and it looks like he knows his limits and really care about being healthy now.

This means the off-season will not be as dreary on news and Yuzu as we feared. Yay, I'm very happy about this! Plus Yuzu will have the opportunity for some non-stress socialization!

Though I wonder about all this worry about his health. I know it's Olympic season and Yuzu has no chill, but has he actually gotten himself injured before in shows or during the period where he was in Japan for shows?

This means the off-season will not be as dreary on news and Yuzu as we feared. Yay, I'm very happy about this! Plus Yuzu will have the opportunity for some non-stress socialization!

Though I wonder about all this worry about his health. I know it's Olympic season and Yuzu has no chill, but has he actually gotten himself injured before in shows or during the period where he was in Japan for shows?

On his first season in Canada, the 2012-13 season, I believe he was injured during the summer shows. -Anyone remember this more clearly?

Yay! Yuzu will be in Fantasy on Ice!

I think it’s a good news because it means he’s healthy enough to make such decision.

I’m going to Makuhari, and looking forward to seeing him in a show for the first time in a while.

As for TV coverage, Fantasy on Ice Kobe will be aired by Asahi or BS Asahi for sure, because their name is on the list of organizers of Kobe shows. (source)

This is one pretty good article that explains a bit about the mechanics of jumping in figure skating http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archive/features/jumping.htm

I will quote

While the speed at the takeoff of a jump can impact the effectiveness with which a skater executes the takeoff - and thus the height of the jump - in ice skating very little of a skater's horizontal speed actually is converted into vertical speed to increase the height of a jump. For this reason the analogy to pole vaulting used in describing tap jumps is not particularly accurate. In pole vaulting the energy of the horizontal motion of the vaulter is briefly converted to potential energy by bending the pole nearly in half. When released this energy is converted to vertical speed to attain height in the vault. The degree to which blades, boots, and the skater's body can "bend" to store potential energy, however, is limited, and thus limits the extent to which the skater gets a vaulting action in a tap jump.

You can read it there in a more detailed explanation to why I said height is what matters the most in determining airtime, and though speed may help, it affects very little to the total airtime. Skaters with not enough height that can complete the rotation necessary usually would : either pre-rotate or rotate considerably faster.

Thank you for the link! I will read it later.

yay a viewing party seems like a fab idea. it would be fun, all of us flopping all over planethanyu :devil:

may be we should have drinking games? i guess all of us are not old enough is it? :acceptable:

anyway, its Yuzu and its Us, gonna be amazing. :yay: :yay: :yay:

fingers crosses for working stream. :bow:

Two questions; thanks in advance to anyone who answers:

1. How many shows did he do before 2013-2014 season?

2. How many shows would he do if he were to do DOI this summer?

1. 9 IIRR. Art on Ice x 2, Dreams on Ice x 4, Fantasy on Ice x 3

2. There are 4 DOI shows planned, so with 9 FaOI it'd made total of 13 shows.