General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Why immediately think overpractice, though? Might just be a bad landing once.

true, my initial reaction was overpractice since the strain to the right knee is less likely to be caught immediately, more like something that would be felt after a couple days and takes a longer resting period to recover. So I hope it is not overpractice...

Just now, Xen said:

true, my initial reaction was overpractice since the strain to the right knee is less likely to be caught immediately, more like something that would be felt after a couple days and takes a longer resting period to recover. So I hope it is not overpractice...

It can come just from normal practice too, though. You just need a few falls or bad landings in a normal practice session across days to put that strain on the knee. I don't know why immediately think overpractice as the root cause.

Just now, xeyra said:

It can come just from normal practice too, though. You just need a few falls or bad landings in a normal practice session across days to put that strain on the knee. I don't know why immediately think overpractice as the root cause.

Yuzu's record of pushing his body beyond its limit in the past...>__<

That said, I think Yuzu has finally learnt the importance of rest and recovery after many painful lessons, so I think he probably won't overpractice. Part of the reason he gave that legendary H&L at Worlds was because he listened to Brian and not practice too hard the day before.

Many things can lead to knee pain, a bad landing, a fall, a pop jump and that may come from a triple, not just quad. I think he'll be fine. Its just a senior B, they won't risk it if he's in bad condition. Good thing that he will simplify his layout, ,maybe 3 quads layout with 4lo, 4s, 4t or even the old Seimei layout. Just take it easy, Yuzu

:sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

.....We need prayer circle for our boy's health this season 

:fingerscrossed::grouphug::fingerscrossed:

When he said まぁまぁ(so so) to the reporter about his condition I was getting slightly worried but did not want to make a fuss over nothing, but it turns out he has to suspend some practice due to the right knee injury...And I am back to stressing and worrying properly.Ugh.:dpooh:

I rreeeeally hope it wasn't due to overpracticing from the stress and pressure he receive from the media and bias judging panel :hachimaki:.

Hey guys!!

Back for the first competition for Yuzu this season.. hopefully it's nothing serious and will heal in no time. Good decision to tone down/adjust accordingly. Getting the right feel and comfort for this time is very important. Praying for the best!!

I hope y'all who are there to see the competition get to have fun time together. Go cheer for Yuzu for us who are away.

:cheer:

Oh and I don't mind the medals at all. Definitely they'd put some thoughts and efforts into it. The teal and pink (?) ribbon is my aesthetic so.. :smiley-love017:

Hope Yuzu will keep his practice light these days and recover as fast as possible. Praying to the universe constantly with my subconscious... Now I can't help wishing Javier wasn't there:facepalm: Then Yuzu would have no stress of serious competition (as if that's gonna stop him from trying his hardest anyway...but still.) Well, let's try to limit our worries to a sensible amount and send him some calm and confident vibe.:grouphug: