General Yuzuru Chat

Thank you Sponichi (Sports Nippon) :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

To Hanyu-san

Yells of encouragement from all over the world

Usually, sports papers in Japan are regarded as the same level as gossip magazines. But, as far as Yuzuru concerned, I think they have always observed moderation. They reported his marriage registration, but did not report the details of his spouse. This might be just my impression, but, they have respects for Yuzuru in the long relationship with him. 

Anyway, F**k off, you gossip magazines :furious:

And, never call stalkers extreme "Yuzuru fans" :devil3:

They are criminals, and NOT fanyus. Never.

ADDITION <3

3 hours ago, gapil27 said:

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Back then PH had a task force when we try to campaign to ISU (just before Yuzu went pro). Perhaps the task force could be revived again? 

Is this the sort of campaign you had in mind?

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
3 hours ago, Perelandra said:

There is one already

I managed to sign both before the other version closed

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I suppose this petition hasn’t been started by a member of this forum, but does anyone know what the goal is? I mean what will happen with the results, will it be submitted to Japanese authorities or some other kind of organization?

32 minutes ago, CashmereKitty said:

I suppose this petition hasn’t been started by a member of this forum, but does anyone know what the goal is? I mean what will happen with the results, will it be submitted to Japanese authorities or some other kind of organization?

There is an International Code of Ethics for Journalists and Reporters, which sets out professional standards

Whether anything will follow is a debatable issue, because each country will also have its own regulatory bodies. If the country has strict codes which are upheld then journalists and reporters are expected to abide by these codes. However, reality often demonstrates that some countries do not uphold the professional standards and reporters and journalists flout the rules without fear of consequences, thus descending to appalling depths in order to pursue a story by any means and often hiding behind the phrase 'It is freedom of press' because they know that they will be paid handsomely if the readership wants the story badly enough and the publication to whom they sell the story has high circulation and is making money. 

Sorry to be cynical but this really is a case of money being the root of evil.

9 hours ago, LAY said:

I suppose if a retired violinist (not a performer anymore!) can also be called a civilian/ordinary individual since she is retired. I also used 'rumoured' because they are so many speculations about who was his real ex wife 🤔 (and I only quoted rumoured). I am not sure which one either. We all want Yuzu to be happy both for his skating career and relationship. Time will heal everything and he has all his fans support no matter what decision he has made.

I am a retired orthodontist who has not been practising for few years now. I consider myself a civilian, just an ordinary individual who is not legal to treat patients because I don't have a practising certificate. 

Hope Yuzu can overcome all the obstacles and take good care of himself🙏

No. 

His words were precise and intentional when he called her a non-celebrity. 

Therefore it's our responsibility as his fans to take him at his word and refrain from speculating or twisting his words into anything other than what he actually said. Even though it might appear harmless to do so, it's not. 

14 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

There is an International Code of Ethics for Journalists and Reporters, which sets out professional standards

Whether anything will follow is a debatable issue, because each country will also have its own regulatory bodies. If the country has strict codes which are upheld then journalists and reporters are expected to abide by these codes. However, reality often demonstrates that some countries do not uphold the professional standards and reporters and journalists flout the rules without fear of consequences, thus descending to appalling depths in order to pursue a story by any means and often hiding behind the phrase 'It is freedom of press' because they know that they will be paid handsomely if the readership wants the story badly enough and the publication to whom they sell the story has high circulation and is making money. 

Sorry to be cynical but this really is a case of money being the root of evil.

I wish the situation could be changed, but I am very skeptical. I mean there are so many famous people suffering from media attacks for years and it seems it is getting even worse. I’m not saying nothing should be done and this topic should definitely be discussed, but I’m a little bit concerned that if the media attack aimed at Yuzuru and his wife is organized and paid by a powerful organization it may do more harm if additional attention is given to this topic. Someone may get really annoyed. Also maybe Yuzu wants it to be left in peace. I really don’t know…

1 minute ago, CashmereKitty said:

I wish the situation could be changed, but I am very skeptical. I mean there are so many famous people suffering from media attacks for years and it seems it is getting even worse. I’m not saying nothing should be done and this topic should definitely be discussed, but I’m a little bit concerned that if the media attack aimed at Yuzuru and his wife is organized and paid by a powerful organization it may do more harm if additional attention is given to this topic. Someone may get really annoyed. Also maybe Yuzu wants it to be left in peace. I really don’t know…

Quite correct, a powerful and wealthy corporation has clearly had little care about whether the reporters, paparazzi etc have been obtaining information for the articles/photos through ethical means. The just want to publish stories which will sell publications in order to make money. Even if the petition was submitted to the relevant ombudsman or equivalent, there is a possibility that the petition would be ignored or that any follow up action would be so feeble as to be be ineffectual and as you say, only serve to aggravate the situation further. Sadly, these large corporations which do not demonstrate good practice standards, only understand one thing, which is loss of income. Boycotting publications and not purchasing is the only way to get the message through that people find their practices repugnant and will no longer spend money to give them profits. Unfortunately, some people's desire for gossip is insatiable and the readership and income will hardly be dented by Fanyus not buying the magazine or paper.

11 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Quite correct, a powerful and wealthy corporation has clearly had little care about whether the reporters, paparazzi etc have been obtaining information for the articles/photos through ethical means. The just want to publish stories which will sell publications in order to make money. Even if the petition was submitted to the relevant ombudsman or equivalent, there is a possibility that the petition would be ignored or that any follow up action would be so feeble as to be be ineffectual and as you say, only serve to aggravate the situation further. Sadly, these large corporations which do not demonstrate good practice standards, only understand one thing, which is loss of income. Boycotting publications and not purchasing is the only way to get the message through that people find their practices repugnant and will no longer spend money to give them profits. Unfortunately, some people's desire for gossip is insatiable and the readership and income will hardly be dented by Fanyus not buying the magazine or paper.

There is a list of publications, which has been posted on tXt, mainly weekly gossip magazines, which have been implicated as being the main parties in the ongoing rumour mill. Obviously people are entitled to engage with or purchase what they like. Perhaps if people did not buy the magazines and circulation fell markedly that might have the most influence on what the magazines choose to publish in the future and also reflect on the means by which the information is obtained, should they conduct some market research. It is doubtful that institutionalised poor practice would improve, but one can only hope

13 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

There is a list of publications, which has been posted on tXt, mainly weekly gossip magazines, which have been implicated as being the main parties in the ongoing rumour mill. Obviously people are entitled to engage with or purchase what they like. Perhaps if people did not buy the magazines and circulation fell markedly that might have the most influence on what the magazines choose to publish in the future and also reflect on the means by which the information is obtained, should they conduct some market research. It is doubtful that institutionalised poor practice would improve, but one can only hope

There's something bigger than media interests and money behind all this.