General Yuzuru Chat

I'm so shocked and saddened that this happened to him and his loved ones (literally feel physically sick). It's so messed up and for this to happen only three months after his marriage announcement means the harassment was really bad. The fact he's calling out the stalkers and media means that this was a majorly f*cked up situation that he and his spouse were in. 

I can't even imagine how bad it was that she could not leave the house without being harassed and how unhappy that made her and her family. It's heartbreaking that divorce or separating was the only way out for them. I had thought after the first week or so all the excitement over Yuzu's marriage would have died out and very few people would actually care who his spouse was but no...I almost hope that he takes a break from everything and goes abroad for awhile to collect himself (I know this may seem like the media/haters "win" but I think it would greatly help his mental health). It's horrible to think that Yuzu may not get to have a private life in Japan unless he stops skating...

But also, there was so much stuff going on online, including things like the incident last week where -was it Google? - some search engine or website was listing another celebrity's name as his spouse, and had to be reported for inaccuracy... like, so much craziness.

It doesn't sound like they had a lot of options. I mean, maybe they could have moved abroad and lived peacefully there, but why should they have to? 

21 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

A translation has appeared. It would be greatly appreciated if someone who is fluent in Japanese could corroborate the accuracy. Many thanks in advance

This translation is fairly accurate, with less usage of overly strong words, and maintains a little vagueness.

Spoiler

My personal translation. Please do not repost outside this forum:

To the people who are supporting me

Thank you very much for the warm words, support and encouragement always.

This is a personal affair, but there is something I would like to convey to everyone.

I married a non-celebrity (ordinary) person.

We mutually respect each other, and married with the resolve to cherish each other.

In order to protect everything, we thought about various things, overcame them and lived past them.

In the midst of that kind of life, my partner, even continuing in a situation where she cannot even leave one step out of the house, she behaved in my interests and supported me.

Now, in various media, there is slander, acts of stalking and unauthorized reports and coverage about my partner who is a non-celebrity, her family and related parties, and also my family and related parties. Even in the living space, there are suspicious vehicles or people loitering around, and there are instances of being suddenly talked to.

We have worried about this together while trying hard to protect each other from these kinds of situations.

However, due to my inexperience, continuing to protect my partner and myself from the current situation is extremely difficult and difficult to bear.

In the midst of the possibility of this kind of situation continuing and, the possibility that even if it were to improve temporarily, it would again become a situation like this, when thinking about the future from now on, hoping for my partner to be happy and wanting my partner to live happily without restraint, the decision to divorce was made.

From now on, please stop any slander or unauthorized reports and coverage, and trouble-causing acts towards my partner, her family and related parties, and also my family and related parties.

I say this from the bottom of my heart.

From now on, I will continue to move forward.

Please also support me from now on.

Hanyu Yuzuru

*Note that there is no gender of his partner stated.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I know Yuzu has had stalkers and tabloids following him in Japan for years, and he's never said a word to complain. If he's making such a serious announcement now, it must have been literally impossible to live under the barrage.

I agree. But I have the impression that Yuzu does not want to cause trouble for others, more so than for himself and so, would only speak out if it involves others due to him.

Since the marriage announcement, I have always thought that being his partner must be an incredibly difficult task that not many people can bear to endure. As I thought, this partner must either remain anonymous and not tell anyone about who she married, or she must stay at home all the time. Even staying at home, she would not get to spend much time with Yuzu as he has a nocturnal time schedule due to having to skate at midnight, or he has a dozen other commitments to take care of.

As such, I wish people would have respected them and their privacy. It is not an easy relationship.

4 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

This translation is fairly accurate, with less usage of overly strong words, and maintains a little vagueness.

Hide contents

My personal translation. Please do not repost outside this forum:

To the people who are supporting me

Thank you very much for the warm words, support and encouragement always.

This is a personal affair, but there is something I would like to convey to everyone.

I married a non-celebrity (ordinary) person.

We mutually respect each other, and married with the resolve to cherish each other.

In order to protect everything, we thought about various things, overcame them and lived past them.

In the midst of that kind of life, my partner, even continuing in a situation where she cannot even leave one step out of the house, she behaved in my interests and supported me.

Now, in various media, there is slander, acts of stalking and unauthorized reports and coverage about my partner who is a non-celebrity, her family and related parties, and also my family and related parties. Even in the living space, there are suspicious vehicles or people loitering around, and there are instances of being suddenly talked to.

We have worried about this together while trying hard to protect each other from these kinds of situations.

However, due to my inexperience, continuing to protect my partner and myself from the current situation is extremely difficult and difficult to bear.

In the midst of the possibility of this kind of situation continuing and, the possibility that even if it were to improve temporarily, it would again become a situation like this, when thinking about the future from now on, hoping for my partner to be happy and wanting my partner to live happily without restraint, the decision to divorce was made.

From now on, please stop any slander or unauthorized reports and coverage, and trouble-causing acts towards my partner, her family and related parties, and also my family and related parties.

I say this from the bottom of my heart.

From now on, I will continue to move forward.

Please also support me from now on.

Hanyu Yuzuru

*Note that there is no gender of his partner stated.

Thank you

What an awful situation. Yuzu gives so much joy to his fan base, it is a huge pity that collectively there was nothing that could be done to protect Yuzu and his loved ones from the onslaught from this relentless pursuit of gossip. There are naysayers who spend their lives with feeling of jealousy and bitterness and act with determination to spread misery because their own lives are filled with sadness. Rather than improve their own situations these ghastly people seem to revel in tearing apart happiness from those who have worked hard to build a good life for themselves. 

Maybe there is still something that can be done to show support, caring and affection to Yuzu and those he holds dear

honestly this is the most disgusted i've been with people for a long time...

yuzuru deserves the world, but people can't even give him privacy and a normal life, i'm so shocked that he had to go through that. even with all his efforts to conceal his partner's identity, people still couldn't leave him alone? harassing him to such an extent that he felt the need to get DIVORCED is crazy, when will they ever learn to stop omg... to suffer in silence while being under all this pressure is crazy and yuzu is so strong for that. and having cars lurk outside of your house is just too much, you'd think that people would get the hint after he got married... not even just stalking, but also being slandered? for what-- trying to live a normal life and be happy?

really though, i'm so tired of this type of behavior towards public figures that are well into their late twenties to thirties. if a celebrity gives happiness to his fans, shouldn't the celebrity also gain some happiness back? you would think that this type of behavior would stop after so many other celebrities had to suffer something similar because of the toxic/delulu fan situations that happen in asia. fans need to CHILL istg--

my full support goes with yuzuru no matter what he does with his life, he's worked so hard for this and i'd really like to see him get something back <3

but i also agree that we should do something to show support to yuzu... i know there are already birthday preparations going on but i think a bit of extra cheer definitely won't hurt :( poor yuzu omg

I haven't posted in a long time, but today I need to do it.

I'm so sad and angry for Yuzu, his spouse and their family!

There must be a legal way to stop all that stalking and harassment. It's unbelievable that people, no matter how famous they are, can't be able to live their own lives. 

Nobody has the right to  harass anyone. Yuzu is free to share with his fans whatever he wants about his private life (and he can share nothing at all if he wants to).

He is giving all his fans stellar performances, hard work, artistry... but his personal life is his alone.

I don't know if he or his family will ever read this, but, if they do, I'd like to show all my support. He deserves happiness, because he gives happiness to all his fans. And he deserves to be left alone to live his own life. He shouldn't be forced to give up his relationship because of all those nasty people.

I don't know anything about Japanese laws, but I really hope he can take legal actions against those people. And my greatest desire is that Yuzu can find his true happiness.

You're not alone, Yuzu. We love and respect you and your family.

Just now, Mor2904 said:

I haven't posted in a long time, but today I need to do it.

I'm so sad and angry for Yuzu, his spouse and their family!

There must be a legal way to stop all that stalking and harassment. It's unbelievable that people, no matter how famous they are, can't be able to live their own lives. 

Nobody has the right to  harass anyone. Yuzu is free to share with his fans whatever he wants about his private life (and he can share nothing at all if he wants to).

He is giving all his fans stellar performances, hard work, artistry... but his personal life is his alone.

I don't know if he or his family will ever read this, but, if they do, I'd like to show all my support. He deserves happiness, because he gives happiness to all his fans. And he deserves to be left alone to live his own life. He shouldn't be forced to give up his relationship because of all those nasty people.

I don't know anything about Japanese laws, but I really hope he can take legal actions against those people. And my greatest desire is that Yuzu can find his true happiness.

You're not alone, Yuzu. We love and respect you and your family.

i think there is a way to take legal action against stalking, at least in korea??? i'll check the laws in japan but ik that many kpop companies and idols have been taking legal actions against their sasaengs recently and getting the stalker fans persecuted... i really hope there's something similar he can do in japan to protect his privacy moving forwards, he definitely doesn't deserve having to deal with this all the time :(

I'm so heartbroken for him, his partner and their families. Antis will use this to slander yuzu, his fans and his family i'm sure. I feel useless and helpless, besides leaving loving comments on his youtube channel, what else can we do? Maybe after this dies down a bit we could raise a hashtag showing yuzu some love and support, let him know that we will keep supporting him and his decisions. If he wants to leave the public eye for a bit, forever or not at all. We should try and show him that it's all okay and he should prioritize his mental and physical health above all else.

I don't think I have been this sad since 07/19/2022. It hurts. To imagine all this, to see Yuzu working hard and deliver greatest photos and whatever while he couldn't be happy. To know he produced RE_PRAY while suffering for and with all his loved ones. To be forced to give up, him, who hates to give up and who shows deep respect to everyone.

I wondered how they could succeed to stay private and I was relieved that Yuzu didn't post about his privacy on social media. But no, good people suffer. Why do people who do great things for the world always have to suffer from the world? Everyone here has already said it: Yuzu deserves all the happiness in the world.

I feel so bad about the fact that the harassers share part of our fan identity: greedy to be showered with pictures and words and glimpses of Yuzu.

I don't want him to suffer. I don't want him to feel guitly. I don't want him to sacrifice more and more because we want to see him.

Shock, anger, despair. Yet what can we do?

Yuzu dear, please, tell us what we can do for you! We need you to be happy again. That's the only thing that matters. We don't go anywhere, take your time. We don't want to feel helpless, because you give us so much.

PS: I like this forum. :grouphug: