General Yuzuru Chat

My 'YuzuSpiration':

Well, I have watched a lot of Yuzu vids lately (as you all might easily guess), and gladly those of ceremonies with Yuzu getting gold medals (I will always bemoan that I haven't seen any of those live). It was on such an occasion that I first heard the Japanese anthem; and additionally to the fact that the melody appealed to me instantly (see in the hidden content below the reason why, if you're curious), I felt a great urge to sing along with Yuzu ... and therefore I have learnt the Japanese anthem by heart, melody and lyrics. Now when I re-watch a Yuzu gold medal ceremony, I can 'sing my heart out' along with Yuzu.

Spoiler

I grew up surrounded by classical music - my father was very passionate about it and had a huge collection of records. Despite the big selection, ever since my early childhood and up to this day several decades later my one and only fav opera is "Turandot" by Puccini, and my top fav parts of it are those that have an East-Asian sound. I know, I know, "Turandot" has a Chinese theme; however, Puccini studied for inspiration not only old Chinese music, but many years before he had also studied Japanese music for his opera "Cho-Cho-san (Madame Butterfly)", and I imagine that perhaps those inspirations may have mingled just a bit in his genius mind when composing those gorgeous melodies.

And the Japanese anthem "Kimigayo" reminded me instantly of "Turandot" (esp. of 'Diecimila anni' and 'Là sui monti dell'est' - my favs). And that's why I absolutely had to learn it.

15 hours ago, shina07 said:

Gosh! I didn’t think we’d get Rondo again but here we are! I really love that program, right up there with my top Yuzu programs. I’m so happy that he revisited this program that could have been “traumatic” for him and rewrite it with something different making sure that Beijing isn’t the last we’ve seen of it. 

Just Yuzu things 😌

Thoughts about Beijing under spoiler.

Spoiler

TBH, Beijing was my first (and last) Olys with Yuzu and to say it was traumatizing was an understatement. I still to this day cannot bring myself to watch both of his programs (and I love Tenchi too 🥲). I still have nervous palpitations when I hear the specific bgm my local tv station used for the Olys back then. I also did not watch any of his interviews (too painful).

I recently watched a YT vid compiling all the Beijing practices he did (with comparison with full on costumed program) and no sir I did not feel good while watching it. Did I stop watching tho? No because it’s Yuzu practicing and I’m determined to suffer lol. All in all not a good experience, but the gala made up for it. I’m glad it ended with his beautiful skating and the usual Yuzu shenanigans.

This maybe off topic but i just want to say : yuzu pro era is the happiest i've ever been as a fanyu. As a 2019 fanyu, 90% of my experience is anger, sadness and bitterness when it comes to figure skating and how they treat yuzu. Torino, JNats 19, that d*mn ISU awards, covid, beijing, are all so depressing and gave me a lot of negative feelings. Just how many times i have to see my fave getting disrespected and humiliated over and over again. To be honest at that time i was a bit jealous with older fanyus who experience the ups of his career like pyeongchang and hope and legacy triumph. But these few weeks after he fired isu and jsf made me so happy to become a fanyu 😭. I'm feeling very optimistic about his future as a pro skater. Ganbatte yuzuru 😭

8 minutes ago, mmmrazorz said:

This maybe off topic but i just want to say : yuzu pro era is the happiest i've ever been as a fanyu. As a 2019 fanyu, 90% of my experience is anger, sadness and bitterness when it comes to figure skating and how they treat yuzu. Torino, JNats 19, that d*mn ISU awards, covid, beijing, are all so depressing and gave me a lot of negative feelings. Just how many times i have to see my fave getting disrespected and humiliated over and over again. To be honest at that time i was a bit jealous with older fanyus who experience the ups of his career like pyeongchang and hope and legacy triumph. But these few weeks after he fired isu and jsf made me so happy to become a fanyu 😭. I'm feeling very optimistic about his future as a pro skater. Ganbatte yuzuru 😭

To be completely honest, I still feel a bit jealous (mixed in with a bit of sadness and regret too) that I didn't get to experience Yuzu's triumphs, even though I'm elated about Pro Athlete Yuzu! :14066882: I feel like I should have known about him sooner, and also a bit guilty that I didn't. I'm a Beijing baby fanyu but I hardly consider that as watching a competition since I knew nothing about the fs world or anything about the rules/jumps/technicalities/corruption. I knew nothing about Yuzu other than he was going to attempt something that nobody had done before. That was all. Then I watched him skate, both programs and the ex, and I knew that I had a lot of homework and research to do, haha (but it's all worth it).

1 hour ago, gapil27 said:

Just Yuzu things 😌

Hide contents

TBH, Beijing was my first (and last) Olys with Yuzu and to say it was traumatizing was an understatement. I still to this day cannot bring myself to watch both of his programs (and I love Tenchi too 🥲). I still have nervous palpitations when I hear the specific bgm my local tv station used for the Olys back then. I also did not watch any of his interviews (too painful).

I recently watched a YT vid compiling all the Beijing practices he did (with comparison with full on costumed program) and no sir I did not feel good while watching it. Did I stop watching tho? No because it’s Yuzu practicing and I’m determined to suffer lol. All in all not a good experience, but the gala made up for it. I’m glad it ended with his beautiful skating and the usual Yuzu shenanigans.

Understandable.

Spoiler

I’m a veteran fan and tbh I cannot watch Requiem of Heaven and Earth from Boston and HYK from Beijing. I’m so glad he gave NDP a different spin too because I remember him crying in Worlds 2013 and the way he got booed in 2012 JNats. It’s really amazing how he can take his programs and rewrite it in a different story. I don’t think I’m ready to watch Beijing Rondo again but I’m so delighted that we’re having it performed in a charity show, such a beautiful contrast to Beijing. 

8 hours ago, gapil27 said:

Just Yuzu things 😌

Reveal hidden contents

:consoling2:

Spoiler

I never watched these programs from Beijing again either, the memories are still painful for me too.:huh:

I found this again: Shinya played "Rondo" live:heartpound:

Thank you @Geo1 for sharing the photos of Ghislain.:happy:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
46 minutes ago, Anni said:

:consoling2:

Reveal hidden contents

I never watched these programs from Beijing again either, the memories are still painful for me too.:huh:

I found this again: Shinya played "Rondo" live:heartpound:

Thank you @Geo1 for sharing the photos of Ghislain.:happy:

Crying and with goosebumps, Kiyozuka-san puts so much passion into it. It would be wonderful to see Rondo live with Kiyozuka-san playing the piano.

Thanks for sharing this!! :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Looking back and as horrible as Beijing was, I think baby fanyus like me are having a lot of luck. It is true that we will not be able to enjoy seeing him in competition, but what we are receiving is even better. And I'm sure that what we will continue to receive will erase from our minds that regret for not having known or followed him before.

As for Beijing itself, I think for once my tendency to dissociate myself from reality works in my favor hahahaha
I have seen both Rondo and TenChi and Haru yo, koi several times without dying inside. What I cannot see are the interviews after the SP&FS skating or the press con on the 14th. It still hurts too much...

3 hours ago, Anni said:

:consolant2:

Hide content

I have never watched these programs since Beijing  either, the memories are still painful for me too.:eh:

I found this: Shinya performed "Rondo" live:heartpound:

Thanks@ Géo1 for sharing Ghislain's photos.:happy:

For the Beijing Olympics  :consoling2: too .... but admire his practices dressed in black and practically ALL his programs :agree:

What palpable emotions with Shina  :girlsigh: and also concentrated and this immense honor he had to have arranged this master piece of Rondo for Yuzu that I know more in violin version 

Also  :thanks: GEO for :heartpound:Ghislain

On 8/21/2022 at 9:05 AM, ImmortalBeloved said:

Oh wow. Looks like Yuzu is wearing the Rondo outfit in the 24hr TV special preview right now....??? And he mentioned it in the short part where he spoke...

YNrsU8G.jpg

A question regarding the 24H TV program this Saturday: Is it a LIVE broadcast or recorded program? From the teaser it seems that Yuzu skated with costume on and hair styled. Is it normal if it's just a rehearsal?