General Yuzuru Chat

Shun wanted to stand on the podium with Yuzu :sorrow:

(sorry if posted - I see it's from yesterday)

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
6 minutes ago, CiONTUw4A said:

That will be quite an endeavor but I wholeheartedly hope it will become a reality.

I also have a hunch that in addition to show pieces, he will continue to present programs at competition levels (at ice shows, I mean) to challenge himself. Just can't wait for the pandemic to be over so I can fly to Japan to see him skate in person. 

I also believe he'll keep skating to technically challenging programs, but I do hope he performs them in Olympic-sized rinks. That is probably the main thing I dislike about ice shows; I want to see him fly across the ice at full speed. He couldn't go full out on LGC last year because the rink was so tiny. Not sure if it'll ever happen, but crossing my fingers that he holds some shows and events in regular stadiums like competitions. I think it might be worth sacrificing physical proximity to skaters just so they can have a full rink.

7 hours ago, shina07 said:

I think @Henni147is in charge of editing Yuzu’s wiki! Thank you for always updating it ❤️

I'm straight honest here: it's true that I regularly take a look at Yuzu's bios page and update tables and navigation boxes there, but I leave the prose part mostly to fellow author Yolo4A4Lo, who does a sublime job and I don't want to take away the credit from her.

My main works are:

• Yuzu's career achievement list and Olympic seasons sub-article on English wiki
  • Yuzu's page on the wiki sister-project WikiQuote
  • English wiki article about Fantasy on Ice [NEW]

Of course, if you have any wishes for additions or changes, feel free to ask and I can forward it to our team. However, please refrain from making edits on Yuzu's bios page yourself, especially in the lead section. It took us lots of time and work to figure out a solution that satisfies all criteria of the wiki MOS (manual of style) for "good article" status and we don't want to lose this status :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

Hace 2 horas, yumeaki said:

He is FREE from JSF! This is seriously the best thing from his decision though I will miss Yuzu in competition. 

Personally I have no intention to attend any ISU events from now on and fill their pocket with my hard earned money unless Yuzu appears for whatever reason. I also doubt I will spend time to stream a competition live. At most I will indirectly contribute via YouTube advertisement fees if I happened to watch some videos of skaters whom I am still interested in on their YT channel.

Honestly I think ISU is beyond hope but for the sake of the younger skaters, it's good to continue with this letter campaign. With Yuzu out, you can now show that this campaign is done for the love of the sports and not by "biased fanyus". While I no longer want to watch future ISU events, I am happy to help send out letter. Of course the ultimate decision depends on both of you. 

I couldn't agree more.

Younger skaters deserve a less corrupted, less biased and more objective ISU.

27 minutes ago, Sun_Rise said:

The NHK interview with English subs:

I love that Yuzuru takes his opportunities to remind people he has technical excellence as well as artistic excellence - this narrative that exists (even amongst some fans) that he is artistic but others are superior in technical skills needs knocking on the head every chance there is!!

I googled professional competitions and found the Landover which was created by Dick Button.

From Wikipedia:

Dick Button said: "In the amateur world, they count your triple jumps, and if you don't do enough they forget about your other skating. We do not make our competitors prove their merit. We let them present creative programs with as many or as few triple jumps as they wish."

This goes in line with Yuzu’s values! It’s going to be exciting if these are revived. But only if he wants to join. 

15 hours ago, yumeaki said:

His little jump and giggle at the end.:girlsigh: So he was surprised by the enormously number of fans in Latin america. Yuzu as you can see, your fans are all over the world.:heart:

3 hours ago, Elly said:

Toshl: "And if I am able to make a wish, I really wish to co-star with Hanyu-san again with my singing and you dancing".

Maybe at Yuzu's own ice show.0:)

I think the happiest years as a Fanyu were 2014 ~ 2017 when ISU still valued him as a worthy competitor. Everything started crashing down within the judging system after Yuzu's 2nd OGM. It is almost as if ISU had an emergency meeting after PC 2018 Olympics and made consecutive and well thought out plans to stop Yuzu winning at Beijing whatever it took. I look back on the last quad and feel such or something similar thing must have happened. Whether they wanted to build up another ticket selling male skater star right after Yuzu, or some other intention, I feel they used Nathan as a pawn as well in this politics. They built up the last 4 years so that they could find Yuzu's fake replacement star and shove his scores down people's throats thinking we would still buy tickets and go crazy for the next "Quad King", but boy were they wrong. If anything their plans had the opposite effect in people being disgusted with ISU competitive figure skating and now slowly turning towards being more interested in pro skaters. Yuzu probably felt there was no hope left for competitive singles skating after the PCS change. ISU's initials intentions and motivations for overscoring Nathan would have been purely out of profit (building the next young ice skating male star that will sell tickets), but it backfired. This is like straight out of a movie sort of thing. I can't seem to find any other motive behind what ISU did to Yuzu. And JSF was probably thinking the same thing. They wanted to build up the next Yuzuru Hanyu in team Japan and have been turning their backs on him after 2018 Olympics. What kind of sport makes a legend's last quad as a period to build up the next star whilst bashing and treating the last years of the current legend as dirt?

Or maybe ISU thought Yuzu would retire straight after 2018, and got shocked when he was continuing, and just only manipulated him to sell tickets whilst making sure he never wins anything big. Then they won't be able to call the next replacement skater as worthy and marketable enough to sell tickets once Yuzu retires. Hell their motives seem so money orientated it makes me sick. No fairness at all, just purely politics for more profit

6 hours ago, yumeaki said:

Here the translation :smiley-love017:

From yesterday:

On 7/20/2022 at 11:28 AM, Anni said:

Yuzu appears at the end of the Sekkisei voice message :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Translation:

On 7/20/2022 at 11:42 AM, shina07 said:

Is there a translation of the Sekkisei voice message?

I found this:

[NEWS]

I don't know when this was recorded, here Yuzu still talked about amateur.:dontknow:

From Corey Circelli's IG
"Haru Yo Koi" has always been on of my favourite figure skating performance and a comfort video of mine for years". :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

...."and of course Hope and Legacy which truly is the best figure skate ever performed in history." :love:

From Mitsuki Sumoto
A look inside the Sendai ice rink⛸

Fangirl Ginni:girlsigh:

(this is from WTT 2021)

[NEWS]

44 minutes ago, Newprogramsplease said:

I feel they used Nathan as a pawn as well in this politics. They built up the last 4 years so that they could find Yuzu's fake replacement star and shove his scores down people's throats thinking we would still buy tickets and go crazy for the next "Quad King"

They were about to pull it (ie. NC becoming "the new star") already at Pyeongchang, but with the way he imploded in the SP, this pushed those goons to rearrange things, and instead they ended up pulling it over the last quad. Julian Yee was probably the first victim of NC's jacked up scores, going into the new quad (yes, a casual reminder that without his star spangled cushion, NC should (and would) have never made it to the FS in Pyeongchang :dozey:).

We (well, I, I guess :animated-smileys-disguised-062::S) thought Yuzu would still be able to get ahead just the way he did it in 2014-2018, but...goodness how wrong I was back then :animated-smileys-halloween-012: — of course ISU willed it differently.

On a somewhat lighter note (yet probably still urgent(?) enough...)

Spoiler

Now that Yuzu could likely take more "sponsors"/business partners do you think that Disney Japan would finally partner up with him? (Making him the Japanese Christopher Robin??)

On one hand I am actually rather wary of Yuzu becoming a Disney pawn, but on the other hand the sheer power of this partnership... Holy MOLY

(In the end this is just my idle musing, so best not take this too seriously 😅😅🙈