General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Faithyu said:

But right now, for today, let me please be egoistic. Let me say:

"Shit, No, Why, Please don't, not yet, you can go on".....let me cry and feel angry (not at you Yuzu, but the circus that has become the sport) and sad and tomorrow, I will get back to my first statement.

And yes, I did not expect it, so I'm quite shocked. I thought he will sit out the GP series to let his injury heal completely....

....I'm off crying. Group hug to all off you.

Thank you, exactly my thoughts now. 

2 hours ago, yumeaki said:

Yuzu now saying he originally does want to turn pro after PC Olympic (he doesn't like to use the word 'retirement') but cos of 4A, he continued. 

And then my Japanese don't understand the rest... 

but sounds like he still want to continue 4A on his own? 

That is not surprising all in all, it was his original plan all along, it was already a miracle we got 4extra years. And those years were maybe the toughest for him, both mentally and physically. However cursed 2014-15, Boston and nhk17 were, he really endured so much in the past quad. Surrounded by people that kept belittling him, telling him he wasn't good enough. Plus the pandemic. Plus at least 3 big injuries, two in the span of a few months.

If he's happy leaving now, leaving behind the ISU and all they stand for, then it's simply the right thing. He loved competing, and you bet he still loves challenges, but no one of his main competitors in the past 4 years has been a worthy opponent (by their own choices, or those of the judges)

Good riddance! And welcome pro-Zu! (But I still wanna see Rondo again!)

9 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

The new chapter: New Beginning - Dawn of Hanyu Skating

He will be able to pursue his skating in true form. Not limited or restricted to ISU rules and such.

He's grown out of the box long ago...he just needed to truly realise that what he wants to achieve in his figure skating is his ideal skating not someone else's defined ideal.

Just imagine the artistry of his new programs...

Sad, i don't think he'll do ice shows outside Japan:( I wanted to see him one more time

Yuzu is mentioning that he's planning something (new platform?) for his skating to be accessible for people (including international fans). He is not able to say what it is because the idea is still in very early days and not formed/decided to be announced today.

Sounds like we will see more of him not just limited to the ice shows. He mentioned that the platform is suitable for now (with SNS, etc) so we will be able to enjoy his skating more!!

3 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Just imagine the artistry of his new programs...

Sad, i don't think he'll do ice shows outside Japan:( I wanted to see him one more time

But maybe he will do live streams of his shows.

Just imagin him doing his own ice show and streaming it live, that would be amazing!

I'm excited for this new chapter of Hanyu Yuzuru but right now my heart is breaking.

I've never got to watch him competing. I've never thrown Pooh for him. And I really don't want Beijing to be his last comp. I'll be fine, but right now I'm crying a little bit.