General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, swan_queen said:

Okay I really really hate to be this person......... but..... I really hope it's because his ankle is actually better and not a YOLO moment/ putting all his ankle's last energy into these shows

Don't worry, I think we all thought that too! I really hope his ankle is better...

21 hours ago, LiaRy said:

Someone will have to teach me how to access Japanese TV broadcasts to see as many performances as I can.

PH will have links for that, right? 0:)

This is what I used for JNats:

Spoiler

I subscribed to MujiTV from here: https://streamingtvasia.com/live-streaming-japanese-tv/

We'll have to find out who's broadcasting and which channels so we will know which subscription to buy.

I put this under spoilers because I don't think these services really have licenses to broadcast the content, and sometimes the broadcasters will go after them and shut them down.

There are usually some QQ streams, and those will get posted to the FaOI thread. I had trouble using them the last few times. The quality was not good and the stream kept freezing. I think there are too many people trying to access those streams these days. Others had a better experience, so it may depend on your location. Also, as @EisElle mentioned, if a Chinese broadcaster buys the rights to broadcast FaOI, then they may shut down the QQ streams.

I really hope there will be some high-quality options available. If all else fails, some kind soul usually uploads at least Yuzu's part.

11 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

If the organizers would do Fantasy on Ice in China, they could probably sell out thirty shows within a few hours, with Yuzu's participation, of course. Right now would be impossible because of the still super strict Covid measures and lockdowns in China, but I hope that in the next few years, international ice shows can be held there. Chinese fans would give Yuzu such a warm welcome!

I'm just so super happy that Yuzu is doing all shows! :smiley-happy093:

I also hope his ankle has been healing well. :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

Life has been extremely tough lately and I'm grateful about these good news and having something amazing to look forward to. :studsmatta:

FaOI was supposed to make a stop in China during 2020 ( I think for the 1st time), but then COVID happened. Also no audience for Beijing, so really feel bad for the Cfanyus who missed out on seeing him twice due to COVID.

I'm glad the FaOI news brought you some joy, and I hope times will turn around and get better for you quickly!

8 hours ago, EisElle said:

..... Also, crossing fingers for live singers to be as good!

if there are live musicians, it's petty likely we can get at least one FaoI-exclusive EX, and I dearly hope it can be closer to Masquerade&Kurimemo than to WoW :embSwan:  sorry WoW, I can still appreciate some things and Dory is iconic, but...

Yuzuru, take care and recover steadily. I hope you can do FaOI in good health and happy mood, and have fun and perform to your heart's content (and safely)<3

Anyway, the opening music already playing in my head! It's such a thrilling motif, most iceshows really can't relate to the coolness of that opening song :smiley-happy105: (and I associate it with silent sundays at 7am, birds chirping outside and air still pleasantly cool from the night:img_21:)

If Seimei is fanyu's anthem, FaOI op is our evergreen summer hit :10814716:

btw the song apparently is: Fantasy on Ice, composed by Maxime Rodriguez and sung by Sarah Àlainn? Though the version used by the show is a different edit and without vocals (unless we call the familiar voice of the announcer presenting skaters as vocals:biggrin:)

I wonder if there will be live singers if they are still following COVID protocols and masking. HOWEVER, they can invite Shinya to play Rondo live. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I can't wait to see Yuzu and what funky costumes they will make him wear that's always a little too short (but only for him) so that he will flash a little bit of abs for fan service. lololol :8788161:

And now I've got the FaOI opening song running through my head. That really is our summer hit! :PurpleBanana:

6 hours ago, swan_queen said:

Okay I really really hate to be this person......... but..... I really hope it's because his ankle is actually better and not a YOLO moment/ putting all his ankle's last energy into these shows

I hope his ankle is ok too, and he's not pushing himself due to contractual agreements and stuff. When he did CWW, he didn't do any jumps, so I think he can modify his programs based on his ankle condition so it will be more like on ice rehab if he is not fully recovered yet.

ETA: I forget his exact words, but in his last Beijing interviews, he said something like he had to return to the difficult grind and he was feeling a little bit lonely. We all worry about his ankle, but I think it makes him very happy doing these shows, and it's good for his mental health.

10 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

I hereby prescribe 30mg of Yuzuru Hanyu 2x daily for eternity to all forum members.

Side effects can include rapid heartbeat, stress, sweaty palms, motivation to overcome your daily struggles and drive you to always be better and work hard, pure joy and tears of joy.

If you forgot to take a dose, take it as soon as possible.

If you accidentally took too many doses at once, you're doing it right.

Excellent advice Dr TokyoDream  :dancingpooh: , so I'm going to replace my little treatment with this one and even in overdose (YES Anabel  :peace2: ) and normal side effects and only serenity  :girlsigh: and I add that to the treatment  :peek:and in addition, next month I'm going to Paris at Stade de France to admire and listen to my favorite rock band  :cheer:, which was postponed this year due to covid and here is a very good compilation of Yuzu music to listen to comfortably in an armchair and : meditationf:RELAX

View Source Image

3 hours ago, IceWings said:

FaOI was supposed to make a stop in China during 2020 ( I think for the 1st time), but then COVID happened. Also no audience for Beijing, so really feel bad for the Cfanyus who missed out on seeing him twice due to COVID.

I'm glad the FaOI news brought you some joy, and I hope times will turn around and get better for you quickly!

And now I've got the FaOI opening song running through my head. That really is our summer hit! :PurpleBanana:

Thank you so much! Yuzu and his skating are such a great source of joy during difficult times. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Yes, I think FaOI was supposed to have shows in Shanghai in 2020. Too bad that couldn't happen. I hope they will have shows in China in the future. In fact, I hope Yuzu will eventually do ice shows in more locations around the world. I'm pretty sure they would sell out everywhere, especially since his fans follow him everywhere.

I also have the FaOI opening song running through my head. I really look forward to the shows. :dancingpooh: