General Yuzuru Chat

Source

This is so adorable! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

It's true. In a world in which medals and placements have become meaningless, Yuzu is the true winner. His love and passion, his dedication to his art, craft, and performance, his gentle soul, kind heart, and his noble spirit, his integrity, and many more things; with all these, he has won the hearts, love, and admiration of so many people all over the world. He and his skating and performances have become the beacon of hope and the symbol of truth for so many. :heartpound:

An idea has recently occurred to me about what Yuzu might do post-retirement.  Might he go into movie acting?  It's not a farfetched idea.  We know he's capable of acting by the way he sinks into the music when skating.  So why not Japanese hollywood?  I'm not thinking of truly serious roles but rather into movies similar to those of Sonja Henie, a Norwegian three-time Olympics gold-medal winner back in the 1930's.  She starred in a number of Hollywood films that were designed around her skating and they were quite successful.  Further, I'm not thinking of Yuzu going to Hollywood.  No, these would be Japanese productions which could be shown worldwide with either dubbing or subtitles.  The thing is that Yuzu would have almost complete artistic control and in these movies would be able to display and promote his skating aesthetic.  I'm thinking that this vehicle would be far more effective in reaching audiences beyond those of skating competitions and ice shows.  As far as financing, it's a no-brainer.  Yuzu has looks that are as good as the best Japanese pop idols and he has a reputation as being a person with a personality of exceptional depth and, to be blunt, Yuzu is amongst the most 'bankable' individuals in Japan.  I know this idea seems far-fetched but if you think about it movies would give Yuzu a platform for his skating in terms of international exposure second only to Olympic competitions and might actually be greater.  We have to remember that Yuzu is extraordinarily gorgeous and has all the ingredients for movie-stardom - good looks, talent, a record of skating achievement unrivalled by any skater male or female today, and an inspirational biography beginning with the earthquake and his subsequent efforts to aid in the recovery. and his struggles despite his many injuries to achieve his many skating successes.  So think about it.  I really do think that if Yuzu went into movie-acting he could achieve astonishing success and could also display what he thinks figure-skating is capable of doing and should, in fact , be doing.

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

Might he go into movie acting?

OMG Im doing the screen play as we speak after reading your post :giggle:

You have given great reasons for a movie (I'd go for sure, seeing Yuzu on a big screen is a VERY appealing idea!) but I bet he'd have an actor playing himself if a movie was ever made about him.  I remember him saying in the Lord of Sendai cameo role he played in the Magnificent Nine "I wish I was skating!" when he was struggling with a line lol!

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

An idea has recently occurred to me about what Yuzu might do post-retirement.  Might he go into movie acting?  It's not a farfetched idea.  We know he's capable of acting by the way he sinks into the music when skating.  So why not Japanese hollywood?  I'm not thinking of truly serious roles but rather into movies similar to those of Sonja Henie, a Norwegian three-time Olympics gold-medal winner back in the 1930's.  She starred in a number of Hollywood films that were designed around her skating and they were quite successful.  Further, I'm not thinking of Yuzu going to Hollywood.  No, these would be Japanese productions which could be shown worldwide with either dubbing or subtitles.  The thing is that Yuzu would have almost complete artistic control and in these movies would be able to display and promote his skating aesthetic.  I'm thinking that this vehicle would be far more effective in reaching audiences beyond those of skating competitions and ice shows.  As far as financing, it's a no-brainer.  Yuzu has looks that are as good as the best Japanese pop idols and he has a reputation as being a person with a personality of exceptional depth and, to be blunt, Yuzu is amongst the most 'bankable' individuals in Japan.  I know this idea seems far-fetched but if you think about it movies would give Yuzu a platform for his skating in terms of international exposure second only to Olympic competitions and might actually be greater.  We have to remember that Yuzu is extraordinarily gorgeous and has all the ingredients for movie-stardom - good looks, talent, a record of skating achievement unrivalled by any skater male or female today, and an inspirational biography beginning with the earthquake and his subsequent efforts to aid in the recovery. and his struggles despite his many injuries to achieve his many skating successes.  So think about it.  I really do think that if Yuzu went into movie-acting he could achieve astonishing success and could also display what he thinks figure-skating is capable of doing and should, in fact , be doing.

9 minutes ago, Pammi said:

OMG Im doing the screen play as we speak after reading your post :giggle:

You have given great reasons for a movie (I'd go for sure, seeing Yuzu on a big screen is a VERY appealing idea!) but I bet he'd have an actor playing himself if a movie was ever made about him.  I remember him saying in the Lord of Sendai cameo role he played in the Magnificent Nine "I wish I was skating!" when he was struggling with a line lol!

Every time I go to the movies I can't help but think "aaah, it would be amazing to see Yuzu on a screen like this"
A biopic about Yuzu starring Yuzu would be so :10636614::8788161:

54 minutes ago, Mor2904 said:

I’m crying. 

I don't know how anyone could watch this and not cry...so beautiful and moving...even though it brings back all the disbelief and heartache of those two weeks, I also remember how I was so moved by Yuzu's demeanor and words and his breathtaking HYK in the gala. I can't wait to see him again in whatever his heart tells him to do. I have suffered a great sadness in my life over the past few days and I needed this...he is so inspiring 💖

3 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

Our summer has been saved. Yuzu is doing all FaOI

[NEWS]

Someone will have to teach me how to access Japanese TV broadcasts to see as many performances as I can.

PH will have links for that, right? 0:)

19 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

Our summer has been saved. Yuzu is doing all FaOI

So, FaOi it is! Perhaps this means that his ankle is recovering well...

The only performance I consciously waited for so far was Beijing gala, so I will be very excited. 

I wish I could go to Japan, but it won't be possible this time, hopefully, this will be broadcasted somewhere.