General Yuzuru Chat

51 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Respect Nathan? Being happy for him getting a revenge? Sorry, but it can’t be me. All 4 years of endless overscoring and no effort to match his scores, his homophobe comments and disrespecting artistic aspects of FS because of his own lack of skills. This is not a person I respect. His revenge was all staged too. He didn’t deserve that score at all. He was handed this gold by his federation after actively underscoring Yuzu. Nothing about Nathan makes me respect him or admire him. Manufactured skater with fake medal. There I said it.

Plus didnt we see it all come after pc2018? Esp after the rule Changes...

I want to say thank you planet hanyu for existing.I dont dare to see other stuff in the internet about him.Just want to ask is there a specific thread for all Yuzuru interview/media press post Olympic.It seems scattered everywhere.Finally im proud of what Yuzuru had done so far in this Olympic.He stucks to his principal.He can easily be swayed by western media asking him to ditch  practing the 4A and and focusing in 4loop and he might wins if skate cleans but Yuzuru stuck to his guns.Just its happened to be a series of misfortune (hole in the ice,his right ankle injury)on the biggest stage(Olympic).What i dont understand is eventhough he didn't win why the need to crown NC as the next king so bluntly.Like their shove it in your face on social media.When Yuzuru won twice in the Olympic i dont think he received the same treatment.

12 minutes ago, Yuaz12 said:

This is an old montage of yuzu. How he pursue a perfect 3A at junior and early senior stage. It always makes me cry everytime i watch it. 

Especially at this time when he pursue his dream to land 4A.

https://youtu.be/3Cc0i8kVRM8

This video shows that yuzu is growth personified - he is growth and that’s what’s so admirable about him. Growing when you think you can’t possibly grow and pushing yourself past the limits of your imagination.

Some certain skaters should definitely take note and try to improve themselves and not let the system do it for them…

1 minute ago, HTN said:

This video shows that yuzu is growth personified - he is growth and that’s what’s so admirable about him. Growing when you think you can’t possibly grow and pushing yourself past the limits of your imagination.

Some certain skaters should definitely take note and try to improve themselves and not let the system do it for them…

PREACH IT YEAH!

I totally agree 100%!

Unfortunately not everyone has the integrity and good character of Yuzu who works above and beyond for everything he achieves

Most people in life will coast by the benefits handed to them, no matter if they are deserved or not

It's why I don't pay much attention to Men's FS apart from Yuzu (and Boyang) anymore...

And Men's FS used to be my favorite event... (sigh)

15 minutes ago, HTN said:

You know... When you feel that you will easily get something without trying hard why must you make an effort? Those skater is the same. Just jump and stay on their feet, then got high GOE. Easy. Not for yuzu though. And some skaters who trying hard to improve 

Edit : if judge goes "blind" and let his flip uncalled, will yuzu make an effort to fix it?

During the last Olys I was worried if Yuzu was going to retire anytime soon, what with his harrowing injury and all. When he returned to compete in the next season I sighed in relief (though we all know how the next quad unfolded for him...to say that it was a tough road was an understatement :animated-smileys-halloween-012:).

This time I am completely at peace with the possibility of him retiring (though he said earlier in the season that his *peak* is yet to come... but realistically speaking... *sigh* ...we just have account for every possibility, including retirement 😔). It only took 4 years(!) until I can comfortably accept this 🤪. Perhaps now my only worry is that if his post-comp performance would feel less thrilling to him compared to performing in competitions (which I half suspect is the reason why he keeps on competing all this time, aside from chasing landed, ratified 4A).

On one hand I support him to feel the thrill from comps (as he chase for Nessie), but on the other hand I now wish he can be thrilled enough with performing in ice shows*, sure to be adored by us his loving fans 💙 (and away from the chicanery of ISU and USFSA 😒😒🙄)

*...not in this current health climate ofc, who knows when one can do ice shows like in pre-pandemic time again but yeah...

4 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

During the last Olys I was worried if Yuzu was going to retire anytime soon, what with his harrowing injury and all. When he returned to compete in the next season I sighed in relief (though we all know how the next quad unfolded for him...to say that it was a tough road was an understatement :animated-smileys-halloween-012:).

This time I am completely at peace with the possibility of him retiring (though he said earlier in the season that his *peak* is yet to come... but realistically speaking... *sigh* ...we just have account for every possibility, including retirement 😔). It only took 4 years(!) until I can comfortably accept this 🤪. Perhaps now my only worry is that if his post-comp performance would feel less thrilling to him compared to performing in competitions (which I half suspect is the reason why he keeps on competing all this time, aside from chasing landed, ratified 4A).

On one hand I support him to feel the thrill from comps (as he chase for Nessie), but on the other hand I now wish he can be thrilled enough with performing in ice shows*, sure to be adored by us his loving fans 💙 (and away from the chicanery of ISU and USFSA 😒😒🙄)

*...not in this current health climate ofc, who knows when one can do ice shows like in pre-pandemic time again but yeah...

I support whatever decision Yuzuru makes about his career, but I can say I am ready for the retirement and post-retirement peaceful and happy life of Yuzuru Hanyu. About the pandemic restrictions, many performers have held "online concerts" where they perform to a limited or no audience and the whole thing is just streamed online to people who bought tickets. There may be additional costs involved in filming but there may also be costs savings in terms of venue size, so it's a possible option. 

I just want Yuzuru to keep smiling and be happy, I know he loves competition but I also want him to be away from the evil clutches of the ISU and USFSA... They don't deserve to reap any profits from his glory and should just end in irrelevance and corruption already.

Guest Mary_kyo
39 minutes ago, Sayu93 said:

Plus didnt we see it all come after pc2018? Esp after the rule Changes...

THIS! they changed all the rules such that it benefits Nathan. Removing the step rule before solo jump in SP because Nate can't do it. Lowering BV of 4Loop because of him, -5/+5 GOE to make it easier to rob, the jump repetition rule because he had most variety of quads. I hate ISU. They had planned for Beijing for a long time, ice hole didn't help too and ISU took the biggest advantage of it. 

15 hours ago, taeyuzu said:

SILLY ME :facepalm: 

My account is @HANYUGIF :woop: Will be posting some gifs tonight everyone! 

:thanks:

Welcome@anastazie_12

@HTN on the Planet :wave:

10 hours ago, hamaguri said:

4A is approved!!!!!!!:clap:

Finally after all his hard training.

:clapclap4:

I have already written in the other thread that I'm really very proud of Yuzu and so grateful for his skating.
And so good to see how much love and support he gets. Hopefully he can feel this:heartpound:
Now I hope he can rest and spare his ankle :smiley-angelic001:

Thank you Yuzu :heart:

[NEWS]

4 hours ago, surfaçage said:

Hi all

It's been a long time since my last post on this forum.

I hope everyone is doing well.

I would like to share my feelings about the latest events.

First I feel relieved because there was so much tension the previous days.

I also feel sad not because of the results but because mr. Hanyu is a fierce competitor, he must have been the most frustrated that he couldn't defend his chance due to a weakened body, even though he has the technique.

He just has something unique about his skating that makes him the most enjoyable skater to watch.

That's why he will always be special to me.

No matter what happens in the future, thank you mr. Hanyu for being you.

cheers

I just read you and watch here, Yuzu's FS and I'm really sad for him, who gave everything and sacrificed his youth and we see it in the video of Yuaz12 and his arm wound to blood and like I read this desire to surpass himself to make his jumps and his falls and, despite his innate gift, the proof is on the video : his HUGE work and respect for you Mr Hanyu  :puddingpooh:, because your skating is PURE ART  : snonegai: and to err is human : ah that YES we can say to ourselves CURSE JO 2022 and now that he relaxes and thinks of him and the haters will have to put themselves on their teeth and laugh at him >:(

Also, as you are French and not much on this forum, Yuzu will catch up in Montpellier in our beautiful country, where it all started in Nice in 2012 and I think? that FOI is present this year and in his country, that he has fun and shows us his pure / graceful skating etc..... 

I am glad that he has the 1st 4A(< though it looks like a q) certified in international competition. I hope this can cheer him up a little bit. 🥲

Figure skating is the only sport that I follow and Yuzu is the only athlete that I am truly emotionally invested in. Sometimes I wonder why I put myself under so much stress for someone I don't even know personally, but I have never regretted it.

Since 2018, my journey as a fan is a roller coaster. Yuzu's injuries break my heart but his skating brings me immense joy. The way he kept challenging his limit and the huge progress he has made in 4A are my inspiration. Figure skating is much more than scores, ranking and medals, even though he has had plenty of those already. It is also about the performances and the emotion the skaters put out. No one can skate like Yuzu and his performance over the years will be immortal in the sport. I just want to thank him for appearing in our life and skating in front of us.

Life may not always have a happy ending. Yuzu knows how hard it will be if he decides to continue. There might come a day when he thinks it is enough. He doesn't owe us anything. However, no matter how the future unfolds, I believe that the journey he has been through will be the most invaluable.

2 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Respect Nathan? Being happy for him getting a revenge? Sorry, but it can’t be me. All 4 years of endless overscoring and no effort to match his scores, his homophobe comments and disrespecting artistic aspects of FS because of his own lack of skills. This is not a person I respect. His revenge was all staged too. He didn’t deserve that score at all. He was handed this gold by his federation after actively underscoring Yuzu. Nothing about Nathan makes me respect him or admire him. Manufactured skater with fake medal. There I said it.

personally nathan is someone im very torn on. on one hand because im chinese american i want to be proud of his achievements. on the other hand im aware that his achievements are from overblown scores and his skating is flat. and of course not to mention he is apparently involved in nfts and the infamous "as a straight man in a homosexual dominated sport"...
so i amended my post to say that i can respect him to an extent because he did redeem himself on oly ice at least. i have yet to watch his routine(s) because i think it would be too much for me to bear (the emotions surrounding the situation have yet to dissipate + the fact that now he holds the wr for oly sp score+the media doing overtime in making nathan propaganda) but as far as im aware he was clean all three instances. 

all in all i am still confused as to how to feel about this man