General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Me, looking up from my shrine for sit twizzles, watching the white legend ones with one eye and the R+J1 ones with the other, spinning prayer wheels for Origin sit twizzles: I would quite like to see sit twizzles into spin for Origin, please. 

This is Bieber erasure. :hachimaki:

Guys, guys, guys, I am so new in this fandom. But I just want to drop here, that actually I started getting interested in Hanyu is because of his Seimei program in Olympic 2018. And it immediately struck because it was inspired by Mansai Nomura's Abe no Seimei (from Onmyouji), and I watched their interview. It does not register yet, though it is immediately apparent to me how tentative, diligent, and intelligent of a student Hanyu is. And then I watched the NHK Trophy 2015 of Chopin Ballad, and Johnny was saying that that was the first time Hanyu skated it clean. Then I watched again Mansai Nomura's interview/discussion with Hanyu. And WAOW it is GOLDEN, because now I can see the big picture, Yuzuru Hanyu's learning process, and even THAT moment, when he found a way to perform those programs best. I watched his hallmark performances, and I think, that he really took it to the heart, Mansai Nomura's wisdom, because there is a kind of arresting moment of stillness in his programs... I couldn't quite explain it, but it is not as frantic anymore, more serene, more patient, more suspenseful, since 2015. And it really really reflect how traditional Japanese dances and theatrical performance are.

One wisdom that Mansai has bestowed upon Hanyu, is to be able to create those moments, in which, even though the audiences have watched the performance before and many times, will engage them always => suspenseful moment, by applying particular hand gestures, or unpredictable choice of maneuver, etc.

Well, now I am going to lurk again.

4 minutes ago, andchipzz said:

Guys, guys, guys, I am so new in this fandom. But I just want to drop here, that actually I started getting interested in Hanyu is because of his Seimei program in Olympic 2018. And it immediately struck because it was inspired by Mansai Nomura's Abe no Seimei (from Onmyouji), and I watched their interview. It does not register yet, though it is immediately apparent to me how tentative, diligent, and intelligent of a student Hanyu is. And then I watched the NHK Trophy 2015 of Chopin Ballad, and Johnny was saying that that was the first time Hanyu skated it clean. Then I watched again Mansai Nomura's interview/discussion with Hanyu. And WAOW it is GOLDEN, because now I can see the big picture, Yuzuru Hanyu's learning process, and even THAT moment, when he found a way to perform those programs best. I watched his hallmark performances, and I think, that he really took it to the heart, Mansai Nomura's wisdom, because there is a kind of arresting moment of stillness in his programs... I couldn't quite explain it, but it is not as frantic anymore, more serene, more patient, more suspenseful, since 2015. And it really really reflect how traditional Japanese dances and theatrical performance are.

One wisdom that Mansai has bestowed upon Hanyu, is to be able to create those moments, in which, even though the audiences have watched the performance before and many times, will engage them always => suspenseful moment, by applying particular hand gestures, or unpredictable choice of maneuver, etc.

Well, now I am going to lurk again.

Welcome! Feel free to gush and vent and laugh and cry and whine with the rest of us anytime, especially if you've got insights like this to offer to the conversation! 

5 hours ago, Kat said:

Ya know...and I'm sorry, because im sure this has been asked countless times before, but for the upcoming season, what are some elements you want to see Yuzuru incorporate? In a dream program, I mean.

Personally, I would love to see another delayed single axel incorporated somehow-into a competition program, not just a gala performance. His axels are beautiful 😍

I'm always a fan of the sit twizzles, but it's starting to dawn on me that unless the music has exactly the right rhythm, they're difficult to fit in.

But watching the 24hr TV performance, I spotted something intriguing: while he was doing that one leg entry into camel spin that only he does, for a brief moment he appeared to be doing twizzles in camel position. Now, I have no idea if those are even a thing, but if they are, and Yuzu wants to throw them in a program, l won't complain! 

To sum up, though, the number one element I would like to see from Yuzu this year is his creativity on the ice. 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But watching the 24hr TV performance, I spotted something intriguing: while he was doing that one leg entry into camel spin that only he does, for a brief moment he appeared to be doing twizzles in camel position. Now, I have no idea if those are even a thing, but if they are, and Yuzu wants to throw them in a program, l won't complain!

Or even if they're not... this is Yuzuru and if he wants to do them, they will be a thing and a beautiful thing by definition :7938863:

On 8/25/2019 at 12:37 AM, mercedes said:

I cannot thank you enough for this upload :grouphug:

I couldn't be at home this weekend, so I missed the full broadcast. It was wonderful, I really teared up  :sadPooh:

6 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Holy Yuzuru.

*hydrates in anticipation*

Buckle up, folks, it's gonna be all waterworks over here.

:consoling2: (Me @ myself)

Seriously, every gesture, every tilt of his chin, means something in HYK. Idek what to say, it makes me cry like an ignored cat.

12 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Yuzuru dancing on the ice is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I think this was his most emotional performance of Haru Yo Koi so far. You can see in the close-ups that his eyes were moist.

Every time I see a performance like this, I wonder how this can be real. How can this be a real person?

To be honest, Yuzu's existence is such a mystery to me. He's truly an angel from heaven who's come down to bless our Earth! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: