General Yuzuru Chat

Still didn't catch up fully but here're some CoR thoughts *now Helsinki feels like it was in another live*

mostly personal experience so under spoiler

Спойлер

Firstly I was glad that I made it to the Thursday practice where by the end of it Yuzu was clearly showing off :13877886:

The SP day was very-very happy day. I think Otonal is his best skated new program from the start of the season so by the third start it already became a masterpiece (like it wasn't at Helsinki already) - oh, how the crowd screams in anticipation when Yuzu makes a pause after second spin and before stsq and he's like taking all that power and just flies :10636614: and that happy kitty smiles and a hug with a same flower boy :10636614:

The FS day was :8122879: when he didn't get up after that fall straight away time stayed still... many people looked lost in the corridors of the arena, some of them cried, I didn't want to panic right away and hoped it wasn't that bad... I went to shopping mall with friends, where we wrapped up some fluffy gifts for Yuzu and met Japanese ladies with cute pooh in Origin clothes, then went to eat, checking news, but there was nothing, so we only could wait for comp.

In the warm-up Yuzu looked at the begging his murderous self, then had a laugh after some mistake, but mostly all was looking like usual (without 4Lo which was understandable). Despite this I was super anxious from when he stepped at the rink for his skate, usually I'm nervous cuz I want him to give good performance, but this time it was a different feeling, maybe it was in the air cuz I think I never heard such loud applause on first two jumps (only at CoD in Helsinki WC maybe), even later fall and a pop can't take away the beauty of that performance where his fighting spirit was shining through in full force :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: 

After the results were announced I went to meet with friends and on the way met my Japanese teacher from last year (she was from Japanese group like a translator), I already met her a day before, but today she asked why was I crying cuz Yuzu won, but tears just fell on their own without explanation, cuz deep in heart I knew that Yuzu doesn't fail 3As without a reason and he seems to hold onto Brian's shoulder after the performance. I met with girls from Russian fan group to take a photo with a banner that you saw on TV, then we had a big group hug.

I wasn't in the mood to watch ID, especially when injury news came, but made it back to pairs to support T/M. Of course the mood the rest of the day was far from good, but there was nothing we could do.

On Sunday I had a fan meeting before Gala, plus there where news already that Yuzu will attend VC. Still I had random tears in my eyes that morning and later in the evening. And I'm not a crying person at all. But there was this sense of helplessness and not understanding why cruel things happens to the best people? But sometimes it just happens and having good support means a lot (of other fans/friends/family etc.). So this time the only thing we could do was give Yuzu all the support we could, so I'm very grateful to Chinese banners, to Planet banner, to all the people cheering for Yuzu when he stood on that red carpet, it was such incredible atmosphere of shared love for one strong boy :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: I even didn't cry during VC though a lot of people were, I was just so-so proud of him and grateful for what he is given us and the power that can unite people. And he was smiling like a little sunshine :68556365: to all the sectors (later in fancams I saw even uncles from RusFed seemed to go aaawwwww at him :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:). I think fans needed to see that smile to carry through the moment until Yuzu is healthy again, hope Yuzy will also carry this support in his heart through his recovery time.

Later I watched Gala which had a lot funny moments, though wasn't the same without our sakura fairy :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Two my friends went to the Gala, of course they wanted to see Yuzu (they're not FS fans but knew I went to comps to see him), but alas. They saw VC, one girl even shared a tear like others around her though she maybe saw Yuzu for the first time, both said that he looked so-so young. Also both liked FS live which I was happy about and said they can go next time, one of them (that saw a little of Yuzu before) wants even to see a real competition, she was already watching some Yuzu videos that evening at home :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I didn't know that I can feel more love and admiration for Yuzu, but seems like I can :tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw: he's the most inspirational, strong and beautiful (inside/out) person I know, love him and all the fans that made atmosphere in Megasport arena unforgettable.

Now, Yuzu must take all the time he needs to heal and rest with his family. I still hope to see him in Saitama with his dream skates and see him happy after. 

I also want to add that I was totally in awe of how many little changes were made in choreo between Helsinki and CoR. The most obvious: other steps before combo and SE after combo in Otonal and that badass highkick after sequence in Origin :10742290: so the sky is a limit for him :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

8 minutes ago, Anzi said:

Ok what is this?!

USFSA fantasy figure skating leaderboard that fans sign up to win tickets to the 2019 U.S. Figure Skating Championships, or just for fun bc it is tbh :68468287: http://www.usfsa.org/story?id=84074 I think you have to register to see the leaderboard but it's very funny. I'm so low on the leaderboard bc I forgot to choose my team for NHK :13877886:

Of course he has been quietly engaged in charity for 4 years helping children in Sendai to skate. No bragging. No fanfare. Just putting money into the rink so the resources are there, and running a fund to help kids access those resources. 

He is such a good, warm-hearted person and he has really given so much to Japan and the sport.