General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

This is Brian's summer look. He's slimmer and his hair is shiny. Come the season, the middle expands, and the top decreases. 

I have no idea whose fault that is of course XD

He also had more time to recover from last season. He had no male skaters at worlds so the process started earlier than usual :68468287:

So, satellites, now that media day has sprung, I have a problem: all I wanna do is sit and look at Zu. All day long, every day...I'm supposed to be adulting here. I mean, I have a life, and a job, and...and...all I wanna do is watch HIM! 

Any advice? Tips? Ways to put my life on auto-pilot so I can free up my time for more Yuzu? or am I too far gone?

23 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So, satellites, now that media day has sprung, I have a problem: all I wanna do is sit and look at Zu. All day long, every day...I'm supposed to be adulting here. I mean, I have a life, and a job, and...and...all I wanna do is watch HIM! 

Any advice? Tips? Ways to put my life on auto-pilot so I can free up my time for more Yuzu? or am I too far gone?

I just accept it :68468287: this is the fanyu life. When he r***** we going to miss all of this... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

20 minutes ago, liv said:

I had to go to cottage country and build a rock wall and wheelbarrow limestone screenings all day in order to not watch.... and an outdated tablet browser helped too.... when I get home I am fearful of my addiction....

What a lovely productive way to spend the day! I approve. 

I'm sort of surprised and yet sad that Yuzu is attempting Quad Axel this season. I thought he would take at least 2 seasons before he planned to put it into his programs. I fear that this may mean Yuzu is planning retirement soon... Because his only goal and motivation was 4A, not Beijing 2022 OGM. I really want him to go to Beijing, but if he doesn't want to, we can't ask for more. He is already a 2 time Olympic Champion after all. 

1 hour ago, quadaxelwin said:

I'm sort of surprised and yet sad that Yuzu is attempting Quad Axel this season. I thought he would take at least 2 seasons before he planned to put it into his programs. I fear that this may mean Yuzu is planning retirement soon... Because his only goal and motivation was 4A, not Beijing 2022 OGM. I really want him to go to Beijing, but if he doesn't want to, we can't ask for more. He is already a 2 time Olympic Champion after all. 

I doubt he doesn't want to. I think he's just being realistic and tempering himself down accordingly. It's like Javi said, FS is a far more demanding sport than most people - skaters included -  realize and Yuzu has been injured a lot, so despite being younger, he might already be dealing with even more than Javi or other skaters who are retired or getting there. Expecting another 4 years of top competitiveness isn't very realistic, so he doesn't want anyone - including himself - to expect that. But, while taking it step by step, it might still happen, depending on how he feels. If he's having fun and his body holds up, he might still go to Beijing. But that's something he'll only decide in time, depending on how it all goes.

So, with this in mind, it makes sense to go for 4A right away. Why wait? And anyway, he didn't say he'll retire after he lands 4A. He said he'll decide then. I'm pretty sure he wants not just to land it, but to get +5GOE on it, so it might take a while still. lol Also, if he's feeling good, he might want to experiment with other things, as well. Like combinations and so on. But it all depends on how he feels and I think that's great. Focusing on himself, his body and his wishes, without any outside pressure to win this or that or another Olympics. The trip to Pyeongchang was brutal, so, while I'd want him to keep competing for several decades more, I wouldn't really wish that on him again. Even though the pressure was mostly self-imposed. Or maybe especially because of that, but he's put himself through way too much already. So, I'd say, let's just enjoy him having fun from now on (and probably blow us all away in the process, because he's still Yuzu lol) :snpeace:

16 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I doubt he doesn't want to. I think he's just being realistic and tempering himself down accordingly. It's like Javi said, FS is a far more demanding sport than most people - skaters included -  realize and Yuzu has been injured a lot, so despite being younger, he might already be dealing with even more than Javi or other skaters who are retired or getting there. Expecting another 4 years of top competitiveness isn't very realistic, so he doesn't want anyone - including himself - to expect that. But, while taking it step by step, it might still happen, depending on how he feels. If he's having fun and his body holds up, he might still go to Beijing. But that's something he'll only decide in time, depending on how it all goes.

So, with this in mind, it makes sense to go for 4A right away. Why wait? And anyway, he didn't say he'll retire after he lands 4A. He said he'll decide then. I'm pretty sure he wants not just to land it, but to get +5GOE on it, so it might take a while still. lol Also, if he's feeling good, he might want to experiment with other things, as well. Like combinations and so on. But it all depends on how he feels and I think that's great. Focusing on himself, his body and his wishes, without any outside pressure to win this or that or another Olympics. The trip to Pyeongchang was brutal, so, while I'd want him to keep competing for several decades more, I wouldn't really wish that on him again. Even though the pressure was mostly self-imposed. Or maybe especially because of that, but he's put himself through way too much already. So, I'd say, let's just enjoy him having fun from now on (and probably blow us all away in the process, because he's still Yuzu lol) :snpeace:

True. An evil part of me wishes he won't land it this season, just so I can see him try it for a few seasons more. But another part of me wants to see him land it this season and break another WR. I'm in agreement with you, that I just want him to be happy and healthy now, without pressure. He has done more than enough for figure skating. He deserves a break. I kind of want to see Yuzu on a big vacation holiday in Hawaii or something, just swimming with dolphins without kuyashii vibes after he lands 4A. 

2 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

True. An evil part of me wishes he won't land it this season, just so I can see him try it for a few seasons more. But another part of me wants to see him land it this season and break another WR. I'm in agreement with you, that I just want him to be happy and healthy now, without pressure. He has done more than enough for figure skating. He deserves a break. I kind of want to see Yuzu on a big vacation holiday in Hawaii or something, just swimming with dolphins without kuyashii vibes after he lands 4A. 

After 4a is 5t and 5s. And another "little things" to polish.

And there is totally new challenge - 4min FP. There can be situation where he will have (or already has) 4a but can't put it in program too easily because it's even harder than before.