General Yuzuru Chat

I've asked before if COC 2014 was the only time he skated the original Chopin choreography before changing it, but didn't he also skate at ice shows prior to COC? Anyone have any links to videos of that? I assume the ice show choreo was the original one (though he took out a walley before the 3Lz3T combo, yeah?)

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

6:00~8:30

Thank You! Maybe I won't fall asleep at my desk.

Just now, Fresca said:

I have to respectfully disagree with that. The choreography was beautiful especially the part from the Ina Bauer onwards (the changes in levels ending in the Besti squat with a torso contraction kill me). For me, the problem was Yuzu was given it a year too early.

I like R&J 2 too, but it's nowhere near my top 3 Yuzu program (even free skate only)

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I've asked before if COC 2014 was the only time he skated the original Chopin choreography before changing it, but didn't he also skate at ice shows prior to COC? Anyone have any links to videos of that? I assume the ice show choreo was the original one (though he took out a walley before the 3Lz3T combo, yeah?)

Here you go!

5 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I am a ball of sad. I had such high hopes that he would go to SC... Now with these news of repeating SP i am starting to think he won't go to Milano and that means i will never get to see him live :crybaby:

Cheer up and stay positive!

I am sure that Yuzuru has very good and valid reasons for picking Chopin Ballade No. 1 as his Olympic season short program, if this is true. We have to trust his judgment. He may very well surprise us with some neat changes in the program and I am looking forward to seeing what his costume will look like. In any event, there is nothing we can do about it.

You may have a chance to see Yuzuru at the 2018 Worlds in Milano or at the 2018 Grand Prix Final in Vancouver, Canada (where I live – such a beautiful city!) I have a feeling that he will continue competing even if he wins his second Olympic gold medal. He will still be young and has so much more to offer!

1 minute ago, Geo1 said:

I am sure that Yuzuru has very good and valid reasons for picking Chopin Ballade No. 1 as his Olympic season short program, if this is true. We have to trust his judgment. He may very well surprise us with some neat changes in the program and I am looking forward to seeing what his costume will look like. In any event, there is nothing we can do about it.

You may have a chance to see Yuzuru at the 2018 Worlds in Milano or at the 2018 Grand Prix Final in Vancouver, Canada (where I live – such a beautiful city!) I have a feeling that he will continue competing even if he wins his second Olympic gold medal. He will still be young and has so much more to offer!

i think he'll at least continue until worlds 2019? since they're held in Japan?

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Any advice for a poor soul whose Flashplayer keeps on crashing for that streaming? :slinkaway:

open two windows, resize so you can see the two windows at the same time, don't touch the stream window until mezamashi ends :P

2 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

But for that he would have to do the Grand Prix Series and there's no guarantee that he will do that, right? :<

5 minutes ago, Dori6886 said:

Thank You! Maybe I won't fall asleep at my desk.

I like R&J 2 too, but it's nowhere near my top 3 Yuzu program (even free skate only)

Me neither to be honest but if we are talking about just the choreography and excluding execution, then I have to give credit where credit is due. I can see the potential of it skated clean with the emotion Yuzu projected in R&J1.