General Yuzuru Chat

We're talking about the beauty of chopin in the past few pages before today.. And now we really got Chopin again.. I just hope we don't get R&J 3.0 after we make the joke of it. Oh nightmare! 

Edit: oh not to mention the possibility the return of the boobskirt... 

1 minute ago, meoima said:

Am I the only one who pretty much chill about all of this? 

Cause I saw that in my dream a long while before Yuzuru came back to Japan... I honestly didn't expect my dreams to become true but yeah... his programs will be amazing and will remain for the whole world, even non-FS fans to remember and praise as the best of the best.

And he will be fine at Olympic. 

After burning some calories at the gym and releasing some serotonin, as well as your premonition, I'm now going to be chill until competitions actually begin. And will root for Yuzu even if as a new fan who came in at the tail end of his career, I'd hoped for many new programs to witness before the end.

4 minutes ago, meoima said:

Cause I saw that in my dream a long while before Yuzuru came back to Japan... I honestly didn't expect my dreams to become true but yeah... his programs will be amazing and will remain for the whole world, even non-FS fans to remember and praise as the best of the best.

Which part did you dream?

8 minutes ago, meoima said:

May this come true :bow::bow::bow:

3 minutes ago, liv said:

Looking at that GPF schedule... thank goodness Tracy and Ghislain are now going to comps with Yuzu/Javi.... now that Jun Hwan is senior, without them, Brian would have to go to every single Grand prix in the season... holy frequent flyer miles Batman.

Even thinking bout this makes me worry about the rest of Brian's hair :POOH:

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

I'm surprisingly calm too.

The initial shock of Ballade no.1 3.0 got me, but now that I've calmed down, I'm surprisingly okay with it. Like don't get me wrong, I'm still mildly disappointed. I wanted two completely new programs and now I'm down one, but at the same time Yuzuru's only job is to skate and get good results. Whether we like it or not, he doesn't have to satisfy his fans or always meet expectations, the fact that he does is a privilege of its own. We're going to be disappointed in some of his decisions because that's a part of being human. If this is what's going to help him get the results he wants than so be it.

The fact that he's recycling a program isn't going to stop his perfromances from being good performances(not to me anyway), it's not going to downgrade the quality of his overall skating and as long as he's happy with it, one little decision I don't agree with isn't going to stop me from supporting him.

Sorry about the little rant, I need to get that out.

Of course he does not have to please fans by bringing new programs... and, of course he has to do what he can to win the Olympic title. I think we all fully support that..... my only fear is the reaction of the judges. Just because something was well received the first time, does not mean it will be again. While i believe Chopin is too good to be denied, who knows what judges will say about it. We've seen them do odd things before. We dont' want to give them more ammunition.

I don't know, I agree with a lot of others. The judges won't mind. They have oppressively boring taste. Only thinking outside the box disappoints them (H&L). Judges and fans do not agree...

2 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Max is teasing us ... :biggrin:

You mean trolling :hand:

well, Im happy that Evgenia, Misha and Yuzu are going to the same GP! those 2 are so fun together!. To use Chopin again tbh is smart imo.  It allows for him more time to practice the long and the new layout.  Also since his jump layout is different, it has to have new choreo (plus Yuzu wouldn't stagnate himself). Lastly, atleast we know he wont have a horrendous costume in the short at the olympics.

I don't think he will do Seimei 2.0. I have a feeling that he will have a new LP next season. After getting over the chopin shock, I think he'll kill it at the SP too... I think skating good SP is going to be one of his goals this season after the "disappointing" end to LGC, and we all know that Yuzu always achieves his goals and complete the checklist.