General Yuzuru Chat

39 分ぐらい, xeyra said:

Is this Kohaku like a talent show? And he was a judge on it? Sorry, I don't really have a context for this video. :laughing:

While I was struggling to explain it in English, SparkleSalad and KatjaThera have already done it quite well :laughing:

To add some trivia, Kouhaku means Red (紅=kou) and white (白=haku). Judges are selected from people who have done some prominent works in the year, including Olympic champions and NHK Trophy champions. Yuzu was said to be invited as a judge in 2014, but probably could not participate due to illness. In 2015 one of his favorite band “Bump of chicken” also participated in the show representing team white, and he looked so happy when their name was announced.

On 5/18/2017 at 11:43, b138oo said:

I think what helps Yuzu is he is always certain of his goal. He knew Sochi gold medal was within his reach and he put that as his goal since he was a kid. I recall the one talk show where he told Nobu he knew his goal to be an Olympic Champion when he was still in middle school and Nobu was shocked to hear it. Yuzu also put 2 OGMs as his goal from the beginning, thus he didn't lose motivation after Sochi. 

I also remember he said that OLG was just the beginning , not the end and predicted the quad frenzies now . Such great vision and so wise for his age !

It's time for a little celebration! *throws confetti*

:grouphug: Let the fun continue! Now would be a really good time for Yuzu to emerge.