General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, micaelis said:

I agree on that and it's no accident that Yuzu has undertaken an extremely difficult major for his college studies.  Cognitive science is a field that requires acquisition of knowledge in psychology, sociology, computer science, even hardcore philosophy.  I'm not sure how it plays in Japan but in the US high-profile athletes generally (with numerous exceptions I'll say here) go into major fields that are relatively easier on the brain.  If any potential Japanese supporters look at what Yuzu is doing and know what his field demands of a person, they cannot but be impressed.  I'm impressed and despite my English PhD I'd be reluctant to take on somebody even with just an undergraduate degree in the field Yuzu's undertaking.  Which makes me think, knowing he's already applying some of what he's learned to skating, that he probably plans some books in the future. 

All this goes to further impress me about Yuzu.  The lad is no lightweight when it comes to using the gray matter.  The fact is that it's becoming increasingly apparent to me that Yuzu is wanting to do more than just redefine the athletic and aesthetic aspects of the sport.  He wants to know and act in the sport all the way to the top levels.  I can see him in the future being a real power in the ISU and other skating organizations, and not just as window-dressing.  Beneath Yuzu's charm and affability is a first-class politician, a person who strategizes carefully to attain the aims he wants.  I don't think he'll ever enter conventional politics but I can see him becoming a major force in the politics of figure skating and perhaps in sports in general.  He already knows close at hand that figure skating is not the only sport around, as his father was at one time a baseball player (at what level I don't know but Kurt Browning says, after playing some catch with him one day, that Yuzu can really throw a ball), which gives him the perspective to see situations in sport from a vantage point where figure skating is part of the picture rather than the whole picture.

Another point I would make is the rationale of the upcoming ice show.  Yuzu seems to be making of it a sort of retrospective not merely of what and whom have influenced him but I think he's also taking the enforced clamp on his training to make an assessment of himself and decide what's next and where does he see the rest of his life going.  He's also using it to mark a major point in his biography, to formally begin the next chapter.  Up to now his life has been defined by before the earthquake and after it.  Now he's added a new dividing line, signified by the injury and the 2nd Olympic victory, using those to frame his actions to come, clearly labeling now as the beginning of the next chapter.  When Chapter 4 begins in the distant future, I cannot say.  I don't even think Yuzu can say either.

The current president of IOC was a fencing athlete. If Yuzu wins 3 straigh OGM he will get a position in IOC more easily. But 2 OGM is still enough.. I can see Yuzu working for ISU or IOC in the future

My dream: a truly clean LGC. I think it was record worthy and is the only sp that didnt break a WR at some point... poor left out LGC... the untamed child.

I want new programs, but would love him to do LGC cleanly one day in exhibition, as he  brought back PW at the world team event one year.  

8 hours ago, micaelis said:

You can be sure he knows it.  Remember, this is the guy who strategizes on a level qualitatively higher than his competition.  He's a chess player, not a checkers player.  As for my ideal season for him, the way to exit in full glory - A sweep.  Gold everywhere - Skate America (Nathan's home turf), Skate Canada (even IF Patrick is skating), GPF, Japanese nationals, 4CC and Worlds.  Looking, instead, at a four year trek to Beijing, don't have to do everything in one season, but during the course I'd like him to win gold in all six different GP events and in every GPF, getting back to old habits there.  Then 4CC, and multiple times, getting gold for every silver from there he now has.  Setting a new set of records (in FS) to take into account the new parameters there.  Of course he'll need to make a Japanese nationals gold an annual event for him.  All in all, I'd like to see him dominate these next four seasons (if he goes the distance) even more thoroughly than he has these last four.  If he finishes with that record even the doubters (except for a very few who doubt on principle) will proclaim him GOAT.  Does Yuzu himself want to be GOAT?  Perhaps, but I think for him it's more important just to be perfect.

PS - A 4A also, and maybe the first quint.

Ah the fan wishes. 

Heres a list of a more greedy perfect retirement scenario than the previous.

1. Land 4A in competition.

2. Break all world records (his own) for SP, FS, TOTAL SCORE under the New IJS system. 

4. Watch him Get + 5 GOE for a number of his quad jumps. 

5. Win 4CC Gold Finally!

6. Win at least a total of 5 Nationals

7. Win Skate Cananda with Gold

8. Win Skate America with Gold

9. Win at least a total of 5 GPF Gold

10. Win at least a total of 3~4 World Titles.

11. Win either Cup of China or IdF (has only silver in both grand prix)

12. Do a season gold sweep (the last time he did that was 09 jr season). 

13. Go for Beijing Gold.

I wonder if the wishes above will ever come true....

If he does Im gonna repost this is a few years and laugh at how crazy his achievements are after 2 OGM

:xD:

1 minute ago, liv said:

My dream: a truly clean LGC. I think it was record worthy and is the only sp that didnt break a WR at some point... poor left out LGC... the untamed child.

I want new programs, but would love him to do LGC cleanly one day in exhibition, as he  brought back PW at the world team event one year.  

He may do LGC for one gala EX or ice show. So im sure we will see it someday

Yuzu just won his second Olympic title like what? 2 months ago. Listing utopian amounts of titles is easy on paper but there’s an unimaginable amount of hard work and sacrifice behind Yuzu’s 4 GPF, 2 Worlds and 2 Olympic titles. Let’s just pay his existing achievements the due respect for now and not get ahead of ourselves 

Just now, robin said:

Yuzu just won his second Olympic title like what? 2 months ago. Listing utopian amounts of titles is easy on paper but there’s an unimaginable amount of hard work and sacrifice behind Yuzu’s 4 GPF, 2 Worlds and 2 Olympic titles. Let’s just pay his existing achievements the due respect for now and not get ahead of ourselves 

No worries. We got going after someone mentioned 4CC silver curse. 

32 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

The current president of IOC was a fencing athlete. If Yuzu wins 3 straigh OGM he will get a position in IOC more easily. But 2 OGM is still enough.. I can see Yuzu working for ISU or IOC in the future

OT but it's so stupid that the IOC only accepts athletes in positions if they have a certain number of golds, like i get wanting members to have medaled, but not taking into consideration expiration dates and injury rates in different sports and demanding that they have a certain amount of golds to get positions is stupid because not all sports are the same across the board and will therefore demand and result in different things for the athlete. Idk, it has just always irked me how elitist the IOC can be when it comes to things like this when they've denied athletes  positions when they've clearly been qualified due to not having the olympics results they'd want.

4 hours ago, singermelodie1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic:peekapooh:

Brian actually did say that, in an interview about Worlds 18', when talking about Yuzuru and Javi not being there, he was saying how it was cool how when they were on the ice, the other coaches would be watching them instead of their own students. 

She was just pointing out how it can sound completely different in a different context. :P

Hace 3 horas, liv said:

how frustratingly ironic would it be if he skated LGC clean as an EX on his first try  :rofl:

as much as I love Chopin, a clean LGC would deserve to hold the WR in my biased opinion :winky: