General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

This is the spin that I love the most! Arm movements on the music rythm, perfect positions and on the spot! Amazing! :BeatingHeart:

there was that long video that talks exactly about this spins and the musicality in it, he hit exactly the right note on his arm movements and make it into a highlight :loveeyes: the video is in japanese, its about him hitting 300 marks. i remember kenji miyamoto was there and he said that his skating this time is like he's the one that moves the music and not the other way around or something. its really lovely. 

Wow I was out of this forum for about three days due to family stuff and this forum changed so much:scared0011:

it looks so cool now!!! Good job guys!!!!! 

Actually, about bielmann, many ladies has stated that they experienced trouble with their back after doing it for quite a while (if I am not wrong, ashley was like that, recently, for example). For Yuzuru's case, I think if he ever feel (the start of) back problem he would immediately drop it. We can see how he is quite careful about doing bielmann or not last season. I think in the future season, we would probably see it more as a tentative variation depending on his condition. So I would not be surprised seeing less and less of it as time passes :59182a8d937bc_biggrin(1):

53 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Ah yes, I actually agree with this! It's my favorite thing too, the arms and the way he moves with the music. 

Didn't he work on those with Bestemianova? She did a smashing job with that and of course, he's ridiculously talented (news at 11, I know...)

I can't seem to recall, but if so, it's great how he's continued that tradition of accentuating the music with his spins many years on. :yes:

The spins in Seimie are the reason I am his fan, I was so impressed with them and kept on repeating the performance over and over again just to watch them. Spins are always my favourite part of any program, and Yuzu's are just beautiful :loveeyes:.

Right now my favourite is LGC :rock:

1 hour 時間前, Dara said:

And here is Yuzu doing split jump for Ghana CM

Can someone hear everything he says after it?

I hear only the first part, that he rarely uses it even for EX and then something about butterfly jump :shame:

He says that he probably uses butterfly more often.

3 hours ago, lilsailor said:

Has Yuzuru ever done a split jump - that was caught on camera obviously... just wondering, because its one of my favourite elements :(

He also did one in Hana ni Nare - the best angle of it that was caught on camera was on the 2013 4CC gala :) Love how he suspends the jump and lands so buttery soft <3

(Sorry for reverting to a previous topic. The thread moves fast lol)

I really LOVE his arm movements during his sit spins!! Especially the one in boston's version of requiem it really looked like his arms moved like waves and as if he was portraying the water embracing his body it was beautiful:sadPooh:

to me what really sells yuzu's spins is how much he takes care of details, my favourite spin is in the LGC program, the way he uses his arms to match parts of the music, he could just do the spin and leave it there, but he adds details to make them look different, I just love his spins in general really :loveeyes:

53 minutes ago, koneko said:

He also did one in Hana ni Nare - the best angle of it that was caught on camera was on the 2013 4CC gala :) Love how he suspends the jump and lands so buttery soft <3

(Sorry for reverting to a previous topic. The thread moves fast lol)

thank you for reminding me of the pure grace and beauty of that program, apparently I had forgotten

eta: SOI 2014

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Yuzuru pumping his fist to the first accent of each beat during LGC during sit spin is one of my favourite things ever.

Wow, I've just watched that part again and I can't believe I never noticed this detail, thanks for bringing this up! 

I adore Chopin spins too, the hand movements indeed create such a special dramatic atmosphere.. Just amazing. 

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Yuzuru pumping his fist to the first accent of each beat during LGC during sit spin is one of my favourite things ever. Also, I remember him saying in an interview that he worked really hard to get the tempo right there, and so it's a humiliation for him when he doesn't get max GOE for his spins. 

Did anyone notice how Yuzu throws his arms up during the camel spin when Prince does that short piercing shriek? I love that detail.

Does anyone else actually do choreography during spins like Yuzuru?

I adore so many Yuzuru's spins, the gala combinations are probably my favorite, especially Requirm and Swan ones.