General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Good point lol But I do like to think that fellow skaters want to watch him, whether just because they enjoy it, or it motivates them, or they feel they can learn stuff, whatever, even if they're not outright fans. I do think the atmosphere is different when he's on the ice, and it's not just because of the legions of fans. (Which in turn has made me wonder how other skaters really feel about him... to me, someone like that would seem unapproachable, just because he seems to be on a different level. I've been meaning to watch more gala practices, to see what he's like when he's usual skating friends aren't there. But that's OT here.) Wasn't there a rumor Kevin Reynolds also went to see him? I don't think he did it as a fan, either, but I think some skaters might genuinely enjoy watching other skaters. Especially when they know they might see something extraordinary. But who knows, really? lol

You know, I thought I spotted Kevin Reynolds in the rink from across the way, but I couldn't tell if it was really him (something about the hair and the red jacket of the person I saw from across the rink reminded me of him).

During the Skate Canada Gala practice last year all the skaters on the ice stopped practicing and moved to the sides or sat and watched him do a run-through of Notte Stellata. That didn't happen for anyone else during that practice. In fact, you can see Kevin in my fancam deliberately stopping and moving to the side.

39 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

lol ... it's a case now ... nice pics tho ...

the whole thing is just so hilarious and so Yuzu :rofl::13877886:

poor Yuzu, even if he shrugged I'm sure he was feeling a tiny bit pissed, like "the hell, another thing going wrong":tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

I wonder if he wanted to do the Biellman, has he done it in practices or during the OP days in Toronto?

33 minutes ago, kiches said:

You know, I thought I spotted Kevin Reynolds in the rink from across the way, but I couldn't tell if it was really him (something about the hair and the red jacket of the person I saw from across the rink reminded me of him).

During the Skate Canada Gala practice last year all the skaters on the ice stopped practicing and moved to the sides or sat and watched him do a run-through of Notte Stellata. That didn't happen for anyone else during that practice. In fact, you can see Kevin in my fancam deliberately stopping and moving to the side.

I love that program so much, thank you for linking to it! :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, kiches said:

I obsessed over your fancams. Idk why I prefer yuzu's runthroughs of Notte Stellata over the real performances, but especially here and during his practice in gpf in his training gear(and I think Zhenya watched?), they were gorgeous.

Tbh I thought the rest of the skaters were just taking a rest as it had seem like a long practice day already, some of them seemed to have left at that point. It's super cool if they actually really sat to watch him. Because that ex is gorgeous and unfortunately he wasn't always clean in the real performances.

1 hour ago, kiches said:

Yeah and the fact that after he finished his practice, the skaters resumed skating really tells a lot I saw this on your full fancam :10636614:. Yuzu is really respected in figure skating. Btw I love your fancams <3

9 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

I obsessed over your fancams. Idk why I prefer yuzu's runthroughs of Notte Stellata over the real performances, but especially here and during his practice in gpf in his training gear(and I think Zhenya watched?), they were gorgeous.

Tbh I thought the rest of the skaters were just taking a rest as it had seem like a long practice day already, some of them seemed to have left at that point. It's super cool if they actually really sat to watch him. Because that ex is gorgeous and unfortunately he wasn't always clean in the real performances.

They started skating around the ice again after he was done. Patrick and Virtue a Moir I think we’re still up to do run-through, probably the other first place winners as well. 

Yuzu and Medvedeva were doing jump off during Patrick’s run-through :laughing: .

5 minutes ago, kiches said:

They started skating around the ice again after he was done. Patrick and Virtue a Moir I think we’re still up to do run-through, probably the other first place winners as well. 

Yuzu and Medvedeva were doing jump off during Patrick’s run-through :laughing: .

Thank you! Good to know. Btw thank you for these uploads. I still have to find time to watch the ACI ones esp his cool downs. I just love seeing him on ice in the zone.

Now to begin the epic master post by yours truly.  

On 9/26/2017 at 12:16 PM, Valkyria said:

I couldn't go to Barcelona because life, too. I'll regret it forever :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

See him whenever you can. I almost skipped out on Helsinki because I'd just returned from Japan and Singapore after nearly a month and the thought of booking another flight sounded horrible.  Thank. God. I. Went.  I would have regretted it for the rest of my life.  I had the time of my life, truly. Not just as a Yuzu fan, but as a fan of this sport for nearly 20 years seeing so many people I've admired for that time.  Yuzu was the mega though. The rest of it was icing. 

On 9/26/2017 at 11:37 AM, katonice said:

Any fellow satellites in this video, you may raise your hands up :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw: (only if you want to though ^^)

Yeah that's me. Pooh ears and all. They were like a beacon for people to come up to me :laughing:.  That's fine. I'm a proud Yuzuber. I actually interviewed in Japanese as well but the English flows better with the group, lol.  

Part of the group is also here at 1:09

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymotion.com%2Fvideo%2Fk2Q1VCe6qRmT7GoLEX5&h=ATPWxegkZLwQtXM4S6AwVuBJbJv_IOc-9vmHac1SxZfaDyZCjfxjmO79Cm-YaAHldKitIam3Z_ZrabZAmocargntzRVCSZfhuGtBMZRXY3k-EW5JudG6y2SIFVC2lFf17iW2BgFV

Also, you guys can do a where's waldo of me here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/saho_3a_4a/status/912518652762636289/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/saho_3a_4a/status/912518652762636289/photo/3

On 9/26/2017 at 12:34 PM, Xen said:

Especially after ACI:

- Yuzu will probably go into practice demon mode if he sees Javi too often, as that gives too much kuyashii over ACI, and all "take it easy for your health" could go out the window, and alas Brian's hair will go faster

- Javi probably will not want to be around the Yuzu-ball-o-intensity daily, especially after ACI

-That's also how I'd describe them.  Yuzu's the type of perfectionist who by being harsh on themselves, sometimes motivates (and devastates) others to work and try to ascend the ranks with him. It's intimidating, and a constant reminder of the gap between someone who is excellent, and someone who is a genius. It's motivating, because it gives you a vision of what could be; but devastating because it can become overwhelming and allow you to give up (cause you'll never be like that). 

Granted, even geniuses have to work efficiently, which ACI reminded Yuzu in a very painful/kuyashii manner....

Yuzuru is the definition of a Type-A personality.  If you look the word up in a dictionary, you'll see his face.  Javi is more like a B+ (because, despite his willingness to settle, he did still work very hard to get where he is). I'm honestly more of a Javi type myself and I work around Type-A's all the time so I have to be on my game. But it's effort to do. Like, things that are worth my energy and are really important to me will get my energy, but I am not always that way about everything and I don't lose sleep over it.  But Type-A has its rewards. Yuzuru is completely committed to excellence, nothing else. And because of that my eyes benefit as a fan. But my wallet sure doesn't :rofl:

On 9/26/2017 at 12:27 PM, Murieleirum said:

It's true, for sure Javi feels the competition on his part too... how can I say though... Yuzu's like that student in class who has the highest votes in everything and always wants to be on top and suffers if he gets second place anywhere. (lolmeatschoolwhat) While Javi is the really bright student who maybe has a subject or two in which he's average but he focuses on wanting to be best in the things he can be. (also sometimes possibly occasionally has inferiority complex)

At least, that's how I've always seen them xD 

I can see the analogy too. 

On 9/26/2017 at 1:07 PM, Xen said:

Actually it's kind of easy to tell apart the two...younger college age girls-Chinese fans (minus the parents of a judge, I didn't see many older Chinese fans). Slightly older ladies- Japanese fans. The pooh onesies and extreme cosplayers are probably also Chinese fans. And there were Chinese fans waving little banners that had japanese flags (brave souls, I imagine I'd get murdered by my family for that). 

And there were a LOT of chinese fans who camped overnight too (I noticed one girl had a giant bag of blankets). But you are correct, the Chinese fans have nothing on the Japanese ladies when it comes to seat-snatching. One of the chinese girls I talked to said she just could not believe the speed the japanese ladies were sprinting at to get the best seats.

Very true.  An Asian girl in front of me had a Genki book, Genki I at that. Pretty sure if she was Japanese she wouldn't need it.  And then I heard her speaking with her friend...and it was not Japanese. I can't tell the diff between Mandarin and Cantonese, but I'm sure it was one of those!

As for seat snatching. I can attest to this. I was practically pushed out of the way so a Japanese lady could grab her seat (see, another example of my Type B+ personality where I just didn't care QUITE that much :laughing:)

On 9/26/2017 at 1:02 PM, SuzyQ said:

I saw a Canadian reporter said 80% of the audience was Japanese, waiving national flags.  Although I was not actually there, I doubt this.  Maybe she couldn't recognize other Asian fans.  Especially, underestimating the power of Chinese fans :laughing:

But it might be true that Japanese fans are noticeable by their enthusiasm, waiting in a line over night to get the front seats. 

Sorry Yuzu, but I confess that I would not have such guts.  Shame for a Japanese as I would take a good night sleep :smiley-dance018:  

How can this lazy person get the Nationals ticket through the bloodbath ticket battle?  Hoping a little mercy of 8 million Japanese gods :snonegai:

I heard a lot of Japanese, some Chinese, and some Korean.  I was also not standing outside all night when there is really no bad seat in the house. I needed a bed, and a shower. I am still feeling the effects of not having a restful weekend.  But I do appreciate some of us satellites that were able to snag the better seats for fellow satellites.   

7 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Lol. There's no telling with him. What if he skates LGC clean? And there's no telling he'll come back with a perfect FS either. Plus how he does in his SP helps determine how late he gets to skate in the FS and according to the unspoken rules of the game, the later one skates the better chances there are in getting high GOEs, since they are apparently finite and the judges like to reserve a bunch just in case for these final few skaters. Old habits die hard and all that. So he'll want to factor that in and be getting one of the final 3 spots so that he's able to be one of those they can rain all those saved up GOEs down upon, and not one of those earlier ones that gets taxed. He's been there and done that for both situations and I'm pretty sure he likes the feeling of the previous one better.

The kind of field it is now, any one among the other 5 can edge him off the top spot if they skated both programs clean and he doesn't. And it's not so far-fetched to think that at least one of them would at the Olympics. Plus Hanyu doesn't like banking on the mistakes of others. So he has to assume that everyone's skating clean and train himself to be able to win despite the fact. That's the safest and surest fire route, and not to mention the most satisfying. And Chopin is the only SP vehicle he has that gives him a higher possibility of nailing both programs.

I used to think there's a small chance judges might score someone else with higher BV who skated clean enough programs higher than they would him even if he skated his lights out because politics can be sickening like that. But ACI has shown that judges ultimately recognize true quality when they see it and are more than willing to reward him the scores he deserves even with lower level tech than others, as long as he makes it easy for them to do it. So now I'm assured that the only way any one of the others--higher BV, inflated scores, political-backing and all--will have a chance at gold is if, and only if, Hanyu made mistakes, and they either made none themselves or made them a lot less. 

Still, if he's putting in new elements that he's doing for the first time this season, it's hard to say whether or not he'll manage to not make any, familiar programs or no.

Yeah, but only one person can win the gold. Though I dunno why they'd give a damn which one of them wins it so long as one of them does.

Well said.  Of course, one has to weigh if it'd be nicer to have two Olympic champions as opposed to one 2x Olympic Champion. On this end, I want a 2x champ so GO YUZU!! 

6 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

@Hydroblade

Please everyone, gush away here!

I noticed my favourite couple from Boston Worlds - a lady and her moustached husband(?) both wearing Pooh ears. I really want to know if he gets dragged along or if he's a fan himself.:laughing: 

I'm worried if I manage to attend one competition I'll want to go again and again. It's already completely exhausting and I'm not even at the stage of having tickets or flights yet! I think it might be wise to give up FS and pick up sleeping as a hobby instead.

Dave and Shiho. We met in Helsinki (I have a pic of all of us in our ears), and we got to hang out here too which was awesome. We were all sitting together for the SP when Yuzu broke the world record .  

3 hours ago, Lunna said:

FS is a small world so who knows:laughing: I was sitting with Italian Yuzu fans and then last season I saw them in France and girls recognized me even though I changed hair color :laughing: I also saw a top of my head at @kiches SP OP video from Helsinki:biggrin:

Yep I ran into so many familiar faces here from Helsinki and Boston. and then some Japanese ladies I've seen on TV.  

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I'm happy to hear this. I was wondering a bit earlier about when did Yuzu receive the message and where he would keep it. It's good to know that it's in his room and I hope that in some ways Dick Button's short but very meaningful words motivate him every day.

Dick Button knows what he is talking about...he was unbeatable between 1948 and 1952 but he couldn't really relax at the 1952 Olympics (although he landed the first ever triple loop there) he was nervous and couldn't skate his very best - despite of this, he was able to defend his Olympic title. But he had some regrets how he won that title.

I really hope that Yuzu won't have any regrets in PyeongChang and he will be able to skate his best and enjoy the experience as much as he can. :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Me too! I love the mutual respect between the two!  

Anyways, one of the major things I think Yuzuru should learn about ACI is, like someone here already said: start packing your own damn clothing! Mistakes can happen, and it's way more frustrating when someone else did the mistake, then when you did it yourself. At least, for me it's like this. Especially if my parents are involved lol. 

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

Yeah and the fact that after he finished his practice, the skaters resumed skating really tells a lot I saw this on your full fancam :10636614:. Yuzu is really respected in figure skating. Btw I love your fancams <3

Maybe they just got out of his way because Yuzu can glare like the best if you so much as cross his path. :laughing:

1 hour ago, Danibellerika said:

Dave and Shiho. We met in Helsinki (I have a pic of all of us in our ears), and we got to hang out here too which was awesome. We were all sitting together for the SP when Yuzu broke the world record .  

They were the third and fourth swans I gave :biggrin: they are really nice people. 

In general, I'm really glad to have met so many people there. 

And unleashing feral swans into skate Canada >:)

2 hours ago, MrPudding said:

I noticed this at ACI too <3 like, when yuzu was skating, they were all doing laps near the walls xD 

eta: I also saw nam hurrying away when yuzu was doing his step sequence and nam was somewhat in his way xD

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I noticed this at ACI too <3 like, when yuzu was skating, they were all doing laps near the walls xD 

eta: I also saw name hurrying away when yuzu was doing his step sequence and nam was somewhat in his way xD

I noticed that they kept skating on half of the rink and the other was for Yuzu :laughing: while he issues practiced his programs indeed they kept to the walls, even my mother commented on that. 

3 hours ago, kiches said:

..... I've seen this fancam many many times and this performance still takes my breath away.