General Yuzuru Chat

On 8/29/2023 at 9:28 PM, Martina said:

Considering that this is the WTT, . . . . . for me that 3A is perfect in that way.   . . . . .

This [3A] is the only one that had a negative GOE, but that's okay in that program, I wouldn't want a different one.   . . . . .

However that negative GOE is a mistake.  . . . . . By rules, that jump deserved a mark between +2 and 0.

No big surprise that he had again been underscored, for the umpteenth time !!!  :gaah:

Although partially I'm sorry that we won't see him anymore in the electrifying atmosphere of competitions, in the end I'm very glad that he left that toxic environment  :yes:

____________________________________________________________________________________________

On 8/29/2023 at 10:24 PM, Madita said:

In this video I think Max is mentioning the first time Planet Hanyu :

GPF 2014 Italian commentary

Oh, I have never watched this video before - Danke, Madita, thank you for pointing me to it  :thanks:

1 hour ago, Beatrice said:

No big surprise that he had again been underscored, for the umpteenth time !!! 

Yes, that's no surprise. And not only on that 3A, because the judges would have to explain to me what the other elements are missing in order not to give a +5. In my opinion of the 49 marks he received in the GOE, only 14 were assigned respecting the rules (and two of these, the 0 on the 3A, with the highest deduction, so they are fair but severe marks). And then there are the PCS, in which the Canadian (Karen Butcher), Japanese (Sakae Yamamoto) and Korean (Jungsue Lee) judges placed him behind of Chen, and the Italian judge (Walter Toigo) placed him behind of Chen and Brown. Not even Lorrie Parker was capable of that.
We could write a book about how many times he's been underscored.

1 hour ago, Martina said:

. . . . .   We could write a book about how many times he's been underscored.

Alas, that's true  :gaah:   :smiley_hairpull:   :madwife:

But I think I should refrain from reading it, coz it would give me "such tremblings, such flutterings, all over me, such spasms in my side and pains in my head, and such beatings at heart, that I can get no rest by night nor by day" (who recognizes the quote ?) and my high blood pressure would surely cause me an apoplexy    :5918bda872cf0_0006(2):

Alright, I'm joking (not!) :wink2:  - but honestly, I'm half glad that I didn't get to watch the competitions live in all those years of shameless underscoring, I'm generally very sensitive to and intolerant of unfairness and injustice, even when I'm not so emotionally invested as in Yuzu's case. Beijing was quite enough for my nerves, I broke down crying so that my daughter came running, worried that sth serious had happened - well, it WAS serious for me :crybaby: 

8 minutes ago, Beatrice said:

Alas, that's true  :gaah:   :smiley_hairpull:   :madwife:

But I think I should refrain from reading it, coz it would give me "such tremblings, such flutterings, all over me, such spasms in my side and pains in my head, and such beatings at heart, that I can get no rest by night nor by day" (who recognizes the quote ?) and my high blood pressure would surely cause me an apoplexy    :5918bda872cf0_0006(2):

Alright, I'm joking (not!) :wink2:  - but honestly, I'm half glad that I didn't get to watch the competitions live in all those years of shameless underscoring, I'm generally very sensitive to and intolerant of unfairness and injustice, even when I'm not so emotionally invested as in Yuzu's case. Beijing was quite enough for my nerves, I broke down crying so that my daughter came running, worried that sth serious had happened - well, it WAS serious for me :crybaby: 

Got the quote: Mrs. Bennett in Pride and Prejudice.

32 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

Got the quote: Mrs. Bennett in Pride and Prejudice.

Congrats! Yes, it is Mrs. Bennet  :yes:  ... Can you also name the chapter ? :coolio: ... Just joking  :giggle:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Apropos "joke" - in excited anticipation of the heralded announcement on Friday, there's some speculation on Twitter regarding its  content; if you love to laugh, read this thread with all the replies - it's a hoot  :rofl3:

I'll wait to hear how the lottery will be done, I would LOVE to go. If not, there is always (we hope and pray) livestreams and merchandise.

It occurred to me that given the ISU reporting Japanese TV are unhappy with the viewing figures for competitive skating, TV Asahi signing up to partner Yuzuru is... telling :hihi:

Right, I have booked my hotel in Saitama :grin: Checked flights in Nov...£1000 plus at the moment! :crybaby:. Actually I prefer the Yokohama show as Yuzu will have had 2 goes at the show by then and really had chance to perfect it, and also non Japanese speakers will undoubtedly have had translations of the story, which will make watching it live even more enjoyable I imagine! Last time, I think tickets were only via lottery for Yokohama.  I always love this stage of planning for a trip though, even if the trip doesn't come off! (As a Yuzu fan I have had a number of those experiences lol - off the top of my head 2018 GPF Vancouver, Montreal WC 2020, CoR 2021.....) Good luck to everyone who tries for tickets, let's hope for livestreaming too! 

33 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Right, I have booked my hotel in Saitama :grin: Checked flights in Nov...£1000 plus at the moment! :crybaby:. Actually I prefer the Yokohama show as Yuzu will have had 2 goes at the show by then and really had chance to perfect it, and also non Japanese speakers will undoubtedly have had translations of the story, which will make watching it live even more enjoyable I imagine! Last time, I think tickets were only via lottery for Yokohama.  I always love this stage of planning for a trip though, even if the trip doesn't come off! (As a Yuzu fan I have had a number of those experiences lol - off the top of my head 2018 GPF Vancouver, Montreal WC 2020, CoR 2021.....) Good luck to everyone who tries for tickets, let's hope for livestreaming too! 

Good luck!

Another article on RE_PRAY

https://artexhibition.jp/topics/news/20230901-AEJ1567021/

What a dream it would be to be there and watching it live ,I’m seriously thinking about it even if there’s still the tickets bloodbath to go through,let wait and see if us Ifans can get a chance.

this said I’m so amazed by Yuzuru and what he’s achieved in just one year of turning pro,he really is unstoppable ♥️

Spoiler

And I pray for a livestream or anything else to watch from home 🤞