General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

I've watched them since PC because their recaps were an easy and only resource about news in FS I had at that time. I got used to it. But since finding Planet I have much better source of info.

So now I am going to officially run away from those people, never to return. 

Honestly, they don't even care enough to make a proper video with nice sound and everything. I mean, how hard could it be? 13 year old kids are doing that just fine.

And about SNS, I don't have any, so I can black them on YT and it will be enough. 

I found them when I first start getting into FS and Yuzuru. I thought they would be professional and objective. The first video I watch was of them trashing Yuzu H&L costume instead of talking about his World record. I knew that they are haterz from then on. The stuff they tweet is nasty too, from being racist to misogynist. I blocked them and never could be happier. 

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

I found them when I first start getting into FS and Yuzuru. I thought they would be professional and objective. The first video I watch was of them trashing Yuzu H&L costume instead of talking about his World record. I knew that they are haterz from then on. The stuff they tweet is nasty too, from being racist to misogynist. I blocked them and never could be happier. 

Yess that one!! I clicked it by chance and i was waiting for their comment on Yuzu’s skate but the only thing they talk was his costume??? But ofcourse there was nothing they can complain beside that on that magical performance. 

19 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

and now

I'm cackling at this :rofl: i love one (1) rising boi

7 hours ago, Bilge said:

The man who changed the sport we’re talking about afterall

"I'm going to light this on fire with the sheer strength of my jumps... You just wait for my quads!"

29 minutes ago, Salior said:

Someday I'd like to have a list of stupid things they said, so we can have proof for unsuspecting people who don't know what they're getting themselves into, like poor Liam Cross. 

Second that!

And it could be fun to make. This idea makes me want to watch them again and make notes of all their blabbering.

3 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

I think I am done with their videos now. In the beginning, I actually thought I could learn some skating stuff from their recaps. Aaand that's clearly not happening.

Yeah. They make you sit through an hour of pointless gossip just to get ten minutes of analysis. Ain't nobody got time for that. 

But what you said here about Shoma having charisma and using his charisma to cover his errors: I'd say the problem is the opposite. To me, Shoma skates like a textbook, and shows about the same amount of soul as one, in his competition pieces. I actually prefer when things go a little off in his performances because then you get to see something of his character. It's not that I want him to make errors, exactly. It's that I want to see his character shine through all the perfect skating. Right now it doesn't.

And I don't really get T*L's viewpoint on him. They have a distinct preference for bland, personality-less skaters. Not just in men's. I mean they like Bradie Tennell, for crying out loud. 

56 minutes ago, Salior said:

Call me dumb but I still don't understand why axel can't be pre-rotated. 

I think the tweet is pretty self-explanatory already. 

If you rotate up to 180° still on the ice when you launch into an Axel, the forces acting upon your body would make you flop face down, instead of launching into the air. It just shows how the mechanics of Axel jump is different from other jumps (which are launched backwards)

20 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Yes :68468287: there a clip somewhere where he was hairspraying his hair before the award ceremony in Rostelecom last year.  :space:

He's got skills :0 Maybe my bar is low since i myself can't style any hair for the life of me, but he does a good job :0

Whenever I happen to listen to T*L I do so with an attitude of "Take the good, ignore the bad, anticipate the ugly."

For Shoma fans it's good because they have been praising him for years. Except even D can't ignore his poor jumping technigue any longer.

They don't like Hanyu, never have. After PC, D has acknowledged that maybe it's not good business to keep bashing him. J seems to zone out every time D says something remotely nice about Hanyu. The most hilarious time was when D said something nice -ish about him (I don’t remember what exactly) and out of nowhere J was thinking about Bradie Tennell's spins. And no, they don’t like Bradie; for them she looks too junioris, didn’t like her LP last season and at least she needs to dye her hair...

Anyway, their opinions fluctuate. So except for Shoma (and maybe Satoko) they don't stan any skater so be prepared to get your faves picked apart sooner than later.

About the costume talk by commentators: I’m so tired of it. I feel like if commentators don’t have anything constructive to say they give personal (mostly negative) opinions about costume and/or music. They could just make a blanket statement at the beginning stating that not everyone likes all costumes or music choises and be done with it. I have my personal preferences and I don’t care about theirs.