Junior Skaters of 2019/20 Season

10 minutes ago, Paskud said:

6c4u8IE.png

I know, that some men take off very low on their 4t, but...

She does tap pretty low, but since you are supposed to tap with your bottom few toe picks for a toe loop (unlike lutz/flip), I think this is only a bit worse than ideal picking technique. I wouldn't take away from it being a really good 4T especially for a lady, and her air position I feel is especially good for quads jumped by women.

31 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I think it's okay, too. Toe pick is not exactly light but it's not going from hip high either, and it doesn't look too muscled. At least as good as half the men's quads. 

Yeah, the main flaw I see is a bit of a hammer toe, but in general we have to accept that not everyone is gonna jump the same exact way. 

13 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Yeah, the main flaw I see is a bit of a hammer toe, but in general we have to accept that not everyone is gonna jump the same exact way. 

Yep, it's a possible GOE reduction but I'd give her good height, distance and flow, and good air position, so it'd be a net positive GOE. That particular 4T didn't have the best landing but that's not like a habitual technique thing.

Good news! Mana won regionals! Everything landed outside of 3a (fall)!:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Bad news: Azusa bombed. 4 falls in FP, +REP and even invalid spin. She kind of landed 3-3 in both programs, but none of them perfect.:sadPooh:

podium was

Mana Kawabe

Moa Iwano

Riko Takino

JGPF Finalists:

Ladies Points
1. Kamila VALIEVA (RUS) 30
2. Alysa LIU (USA) 30
3. Haein LEE (KOR) 30
4. Kseniia SINITSYNA (RUS) 28
5. Daria USACHEVA (RUS) 26
6. Viktoria VASILIEVA (RUS) 24
  Subtitutes: Anna FROLOVA (RUS), Seoyeong WI (KOR), Anastasia TARAKANOVA (RUS)  

Men Points
1. Andrei MOZALEV (RUS) 30
2. Yuma KAGIYAMA (JPN) 28
3. Petr GUMENNIK (RUS) 28
4. Daniel GRASSL (ITA) 26
5. Daniil SAMSONOV (RUS) 26
6. Shun SATO (JPN) 26
  Subtitues: Artur DANIELIAN (RUS), Stephen GOGOLEV (CAN), Ilya YABLOKOV (RUS)  

Pairs Points
1.  Apollinaria PANFILOVA / Dmitriy RYLOV (RUS) 30
2. Iuliia ARTEMEVA / Mikhail NAZARYCHEV (RUS) 28
3. Ksenia AKHANTEVA / Valerii KOLESOV (RUS) 28
4. Diana MUKHAMETZIANOVA / Ilya MIRONOV (RUS) 24
5. Annika HOCKE / Robert KUNKEL (GER) 20
6. Alina PEPELEVA / Roman PLESHKOV (RUS) 20
  Substitutes: Kate FINSTER / Balazs NAGY (USA), Anna SHCHEGLOVA / Ilia KALASHNIKOV (RUS), Wang HUIDI / Jia ZIQI (CHN)  

Ice Dance  Points 
1. Avonlea NGUYEN / Vadym KOLESHNIK (USA) 30
2. Elizaveta SHANAEVA / Devid NARYZHNYY (RUS) 30
3. Elizaveta KHUDABERDIEVA / Andrey FILATOV (RUS) 30
4. Maria KAZAKOVA / Georgy REVIYA (GEO) 28
5. Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo LE MERCIER (FRA) 26
6. Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN (RUS) 26
  Subsitutes: Sofia TYUTYUNINA / Alexander SHUSTITSKIY (RUS), Natalie D'ALESSANDRO / Bruce WADDELL (CAN), Ekaterina KATASHINSKAIA / Aleksandr VASKOVICH (RUS)  

dropping here a link to a blogpost that sums up the results of Jpn regionals and some info about skaters

https://jumpitwithashuulanditwithapa.tumblr.com/post/188167386873/japanese-regionals

since it's hard to find info in english (and of course JSF doesn't bother streaming local comps:tantrum:) I found it really useful to have several info in one place:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

it was on this blog that I first read about the three Kanto crows (or bears)*  Yuma, Shun and Kao (previously I only knew Shun and took note of Yuma at last season JGP)

*they have tons of nicknames LMAO iirc they commented in an interview and said they wanted something cooler...can't remeber when it was, I guess after Yuma's gold in jgp maybe? or after Shun's

Anyway, Yuma won Kanto regionals and Kao landed most his jumps, but had again some issues with levels:13877886: but looks like he landed nice 4S, yay!

also, what they want to work on

(good boy, Kao, yes, work on those levels!)

also this for cuteness (they really look like their dads wow)

• 3 weeks later...

So Eastern Sectionals were last weekend and hooooo boy, a lot happened!

junior girls

1st place - Mone Chiba (does anyone remember her?:67638860:)

3lz!3t:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3lo 2a

3lz!3t 3lo:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 2a 3f 3f2t2lo(tano) 3s2t(tano) 3lz! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

2nd place - Shiika Yoshioka

3lz3t< 3lo:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 2a

3lz< 3s< 2a3t2t:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3lo 3lz<2t 2a< 3f!<

3rd place - Tomoe Kawabata

2a:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3lz2t 3lo:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

3lz<(big)2t 3lo<(hand) 2a(fall) 3f!< 2a<2t2lo 3lz<2t(zayaked) 3s< level 1 and two V on spins ghhhhhh, Tomoe....:14066882: (judges saved her quite a lot with PCS)

Spoiler

junior boys

1st - Yuma

3a:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3lo:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3lz3t:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: (85,95 Japan plays this game, huh...)

4t2t:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3f:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 4t:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 1a<<... 3f3t:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3lz:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3loeu3s:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 158,73 (he got some 4s and 5s in GOE and Japan judges are VERY strict)

Spoiler

2nd - Kao:panic:

3a:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3f3t:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3lo(step out) & invalid spin, Kao, your levels.....:tumblr_inline_mzx8wwBqAg1r8msi5:

4s:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 2t 3a:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3lo:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3f3t 3f 2aeu3s only one pop, I'm so proud of him :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

3rd - Shun

3a:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3lz3t:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3lo step out

4s (fall) 4t (fall) 2t (Shun.....) 3a2t:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3a:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 3f!eu2s 3lz2t(zayaked):13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886:

Spoiler

Samodelkina may be the most talented Russian novice at the moment, hope she will be properly rewarded when she goes to juniors next year. I'm talking about basic skills, 3A is only a bonus here...

There of course are 11-year olds from Eteri camp with quads, but this girl is special.

2 hours ago, airi said:

Samodelkina may be the most talented Russian novice at the moment, hope she will be properly rewarded when she goes to juniors next year. I'm talking about basic skills, 3A is only a bonus here...

There of course are 11-year olds from Eteri camp with quads, but this girl is special.

There is also Muravieva.:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Why to watch idf when you can collect reports about junior girls SP at Western Sectionals.:animated-smileys-animals-022:

Looks like it was really great event.:tumblr_inline_n2pjd0smCx1qdlkyg:

1. Mana Kawabe

3lz3t:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: walley-3lo:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: SE-2a:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: BABY KILLED IT:tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

Spoiler

2. Nana Araki

3lz3t:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 2a 3lo StSq fall:13877886:

Spoiler

3. Riko Takino

3s3t 3lo 2a CCoSp:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

4. Azusa Tanaka

3lz<3t< 3lo:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: 2a:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:  and WONDERFUL StSq:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

AZUSA SURVIVED, I'M CRYING

5. Hana Yoshida

3lz!3t counter-2a:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: StSq2 3lo:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: slightly below Azusa because PCS

Spoiler

6. Chisato Uramatsu

3lz3t(hangs on) StSq2 2a 3lo

7. Moa Iwano

3s3t< 2a< 3lo< StSq was a FIRE:003:

Spoiler

8. Rino Matsuike

3s<3t<(hangs on) 2a(smile<3) 3lo:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: StSq2 and nice LSp

11. Kinayu Yokoi

3t3t< 2a StSq2 3lo:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: looked nervous

Spoiler

15. Rika Tejima

3lz!<3t(2ft) 2a(out of steps) 3lo< StSq2

17. Miyu Honda

3lz<2t 3lo StSq2 1a flying sit spin with minus goe? and very pretty layback spin at the end :)

A lot can change in FP, because Mana, Hana and Kinayu plan to do 3a.:panic: