Junior Skaters of 2019/20 Season

Russian Jr Nationals are being held right now in Saransk - you can watch (and rewatch) everything with Ted's commentary at Channel 1 youtube. Here's ladies SP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPdd4ZZxPYM

Kamila Valieva is in the lead with 78+ and that really was her best all season imo... Anyway, from 18 skaters, only one scored below 60 (scary and crazy lol). There were only two falls, both by the same skater.

Sadly, one of the very few mistakes was Kseniia's, who is only 11th after a step out ;;;; Only 4 ladies above her are age eligible though, so assuming Kamila and Daria are a lock for Jr Worlds, she must beat Khromykh and Frolova. She's 3 points behind, so I hope she can do it.

I also watched most of boys, Gummenik is in the lead and Samsonov 2nd, Mozalev bombed, they underscored little Kutovoi... Also, Eteri has a boy even smaller than Daniil, who is eligible for next year's JGP and skated to... Black Betty :happy0007:

13 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

I've just checked the results of rhytm dance in Russian Jr Nationals. Diana (Eteri's daughter) and Gleb got 70 points and are in 3rd place (less than 1 point behind first and second team). What can I say. :headdesk2:

They also skated good all season and qualified to JGPF, so it's not surprising... They would be behind Khudaiberdieva/Filatov still for sure, but he fell on the twizzles and they lost massive amount of points...

1 minute ago, airi said:

They also skated good all season and qualified to JGPF, so it's not surprising... They would be behind Khudaiberdieva/Filatov still for sure, but he fell on the twizzles and they lost massive amount of points...

Yes, but I saw how they skated and it's actually very suprising for me - judging by what I saw.  Their scores at international comps were also very high imo (but much lower than today). They are very far from the level of Ushakova&Nekrasov and Shaneva&Naryzhny, definitely more far than 1 point. Also, giving them score which is higher than personal best of Nguyen/Kolesnik or Kazakova/Reviva is a choice i - even considering national inflation. 

1 hour ago, rubyblue said:

Yes, but I saw how they skated and it's actually very suprising for me - judging by what I saw.  Their scores at international comps were also very high imo (but much lower than today). They are very far from the level of Ushakova&Nekrasov and Shaneva&Naryzhny, definitely more far than 1 point. Also, giving them score which is higher than personal best of Nguyen/Kolesnik or Kazakova/Reviva is a choice i - even considering national inflation. 

I don't know - I actually think they are very good, improved even from the beginning of this season, nice flow and edges, it wasn't there when I watched JGP. Can't judge any dance elements so here I have no idea. I personally don't see a very big difference between them and other two Russian teams. Generally, all of them are scored generously, but that's not new. Yeah, Nguyen/Kolesnik and Kazakova/Reviya are better than any of them.

Well in any case that's my opinion, but no, they are not in 3rd place because she's Eteri's daughter. They deserve to be top 4, and because they didn't make mistakes, they now are in a good position for a medal.

18 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Utashin RD at Bavarian Open!  They received almost the same score as their RD at Youth Olympics - even without a fall...  not quite the score they expected, but they performed well.  Good luck with the FD! 

according to protocols they bombed patterns

http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2020/BO2020_JuniorIceDance_RD_Scores.pdf

Seems like RusFed will be announcing jr worlds team officially only after Cup Final. But they usually are going with top 3 (eligible) at Nationals, and that would mean Ksenia can maybe not go, because she lost to three Eteri girls... sigh.

Ladies at this event were crazy. It kinda hurts that Valieva's and Akatieva's 4T (both landed two) were scored almost the same, since Kamila's are real quads, and Sofia has long way to go imo... 

At the same event two other girls attempted quads (Khromykh's 4S would be impressive if she landed it, that's a big jump), Samodelkina landed three 3As, not her best but still.

Personally I really loved redhead Osokina here, she probably doesn't have very high chances for JGP in this crowd, but she was wonderful.

Shun Sato took gold at the Bavarian Open.  Congrats!!   He missed the quad lutz and made other small errors here, but he has definitely worked hard at improving his performance, esp by emoting more with his face and hands during the choreo sequence.  He is losing his junior-ish shyness and learning to be more intense, like with Yuzu's R&J1.  

It’s very unfortunate they should have had Bavarian Open the same week as 4CC, as it made it impossible to keep track of the two competitions at once. Three, if you take Russian Junior Championship into consideration. 
Basically, the judging panel at Bavarian Open was extra-strict? 

5 hours ago, Fay said:

It’s very unfortunate they should have had Bavarian Open the same week as 4CC, as it made it impossible to keep track of the two competitions at once. Three, if you take Russian Junior Championship into consideration. 
Basically, the judging panel at Bavarian Open was extra-strict? 

Not really. Satton got quite low PCS and 3 URs, but otherwise it was rather lenient in men and ladies.

http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2020/BO2020_SeniorLadies_FS_Scores.pdf

http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2020/BO2020_SeniorMen_FS_Scores.pdf

http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2020/BO2020_JuniorMen_FS_Scores.pdf

http://www.deu-event.de/results/BO2020/BO2020_JuniorLadiesI_FS_Scores.pdf

• 2 weeks later...