Junior Skaters of 2019/20 Season

The Ukrainian junior Pairs team, Kateryna Dzytsiuk and Ivan Pavlov, and their parents were just excluded from the Ukrainian Figure Skating Federation. According to this website, Pavlov's mother trained to become a coach based on her experiences with her son - successfully training him to jump the triple axel and a quad jump, but since she couldn't get a job with a sports school, she could only get accreditation at international competitions. Alla Pavlova was their official coach at ISU competitions, but unofficial coach at national comps. At JWC their official coach didn't submit the paper work needed, so Pavlova didn't receive accreditation at the pair's first world championship. Their official coach left Kateryna in tears at the official practices, so they trained off ice with Pavlova during the competition to regain confidence, and that was the infraction needed to ban them. Apparently the wife of the Winter Sports committee and head coach of UFSF was Pavlov's coach until 2015, and she wanted revenge for him leaving her to be coached by his mother. 

57 minutes ago, KitSileya said:

The Ukrainian junior Pairs team, Kateryna Dzytsiuk and Ivan Pavlov, and their parents were just excluded from the Ukrainian Figure Skating Federation. According to this website, Pavlov's mother trained to become a coach based on her experiences with her son - successfully training him to jump the triple axel and a quad jump, but since she couldn't get a job with a sports school, she could only get accreditation at international competitions. Alla Pavlova was their official coach at ISU competitions, but unofficial coach at national comps. At JWC their official coach didn't submit the paper work needed, so Pavlova didn't receive accreditation at the pair's first world championship. Their official coach left Kateryna in tears at the official practices, so they trained off ice with Pavlova during the competition to regain confidence, and that was the infraction needed to ban them. Apparently the wife of the Winter Sports committee and head coach of UFSF was Pavlov's coach until 2015, and she wanted revenge for him leaving her to be coached by his mother. 

I hope they will find somewhere to go.

But anyway I suppose they coudn't skate for their country, unless UFSF change their mind?

I tended to think France may have had the worst federation, but...

29 minutes ago, Fay said:

So the plan for now is to have SIX JGP events starting with Budapest @sallycinnamon, Yokohama, Ostrava, Tashkent, Ljubljana and Riga. The first event is September 9-12, the last - October 14-17. 
https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/events/figure-skating-calendar

I am hopeful we can organize the JGP event, in case of course if the whole JGP series won't be called. A Challenger event in Budapest also got included in the calendar during the pandemic so I assume our federation really want to organize an international event in the fall...

https://jackfigure.com/yuzu-shoma-rika-lead-jsfs-strengthened-athletes-list-for-2020-21-season/

Here is a list of Japanese skaters who will be helped by government. Mone Chiba is in the B category. Does this mean that she is going Senior next year (as she doesn't have a Wikipedia or an ISU page, I don't know if she was born before or after July 1st, 2005)? Or does this list also include skaters who will remain in Junior category in 2020-2021?

By the way, I saw she was not training with Nanami Abe but I don't know if this means she left Sendai. She competed in the Eastern sectionals though.

51 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

https://jackfigure.com/yuzu-shoma-rika-lead-jsfs-strengthened-athletes-list-for-2020-21-season/

Here is a list of Japanese skaters who will be helped by government. Mone Chiba is in the B category. Does this mean that she is going Senior next year (as she doesn't have a Wikipedia or an ISU page, I don't know if she was born before or after July 1st, 2005)? Or does this list also include skaters who will remain in Junior category in 2020-2021?

By the way, I saw she was not training with Nanami Abe but I don't know if this means she left Sendai. She competed in the Eastern sectionals though.

Mone placed in top 6 at junior nationals. That's why she is in category B. She is coached by.... eeee... 浪岡秀 and 武者愛.😅😅😅😅😅😅

I believe Nanami Abe isn't coaching anymore.

Here is whole list:

7 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Mone placed in top 6 at junior nationals. That's why she is in category B. She is coached by.... eeee... 浪岡秀 and 武者愛.😅😅😅😅😅😅

I believe Nanami Abe isn't coaching anymore.

Thank you!

So this belonging to category B, doesn't necessarily imply she's going to Senior? We will probably know where she competes before two months, when assignments will be announced... :bed:

You must be right about Nanami Abe, if DeepL translation of her Wikipedia page in Japanese is accurate. It says she is now working as a choreographer, and represents Miyagi to what must be JSF? (FSC in Latin letters in the text)

8 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Thank you!

So this belonging to category B, doesn't necessarily imply she's going to Senior? We will probably know where she competes before two months, when assignments will be announced... :bed:

You must be right about Nanami Abe, if DeepL translation of her Wikipedia page in Japanese is accurate. It says she is now working as a choreographer, and represents Miyagi to what must be JSF? (FSC in Latin letters in the text)

FSC means Figure Skating Club.

And no, being on the list doesn't mean that she is going to seniors. Some skaters there aren't even age eligible to seniors.

Btw, this is only first list and for sure will change later (when J/GP and challegers teams will be announced).

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Very unexpected considering how successful they were in the past season.

There are loads of conjecture going on right now in the Russian forums - like Eteri Tutberidze buying Vadim off for Diana as a more promising partner, for instance :D 

16 minutes ago, Fay said:

There are loads of conjecture going on right now in the Russian forums - like Eteri Tutberidze buying Vadim off for Diana as a more promising partner, for instance :D 

😂😂😂😂😂

No way, not gonna happen. He is from Ukraine, not Russia.