2019 Russian Ladies World Team Selection

Just now, Katt said:

Tbh stsq is never a strong point of Evgenia but the tosca one is just bad. Lacking of speed and flow are her usual problem but its so heavy and her upper body movement bother me alot. 

I thought her best step sequence ever was here:

It's not that great. Her strength used to be control. This season, as she learns to stroke more powerfully, and dig through her edges using her ankles and knees instead of swinging her entire body, she is losing energy as she skates through her program, not to mention she hasn't yet managed to make her technique look natural (hence the "heaviness" you notice). It takes time. She doesn't have it contained in less than a month.

2 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

It's not that great. Her strength used to be control. This season, as she learns to stroke more powerfully, and dig through her edges using her ankles and knees instead of swinging her entire body, she is losing energy as she skates through her program, not to mention she hasn't yet managed to make her technique look natural (hence the "heaviness" you notice). It takes time. She doesn't have it contained in less than a month.

Plus changes in her body. She rotates slower now.

2 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Plus changes in her body. She rotates slower now.

The girl has finally grown, she can’t always be in her pre-puberty body. And she never had a strong foundation to start with. Just her will and her fighting spirit and her iron nerves up to this season. 

Now she’s riding on that golden parachute, so it served her a good service. 

15 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Uhm i have to admit i never watch her stsq under Eteri closely because theyre quite similar. I agreed her stroking improved abit. Actually her tosca steps remind me of her skating last season when she mostly pushed her upper body to finish the turn. Its not that obvious in Dwilson programs althought none of those stsq are good. 

23 minutes ago, Katt said:

Tbh stsq is never a strong point of Evgenia but the tosca one is just bad. Lacking of speed and flow are her usual problem but its so heavy and her upper body movement bother me alot.

I wonder if choreo has something to do with it ? She was like dying swan skating the stsq.