Favourite program of Yuzur Hanyu (choosing up to 3)  

473 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the end I chose Romeo and Juliet 1 because I still get goosebumps when I watch his WC version. Parisienne Walkways is one I watched the most since I discovered Yuzu during Sochi Olympics so it still holds a special place to me (my favourite version is the GPF one). Seimei finally is one of his ficheese hole masterpieces that showcases his strength, lightness and agility (his NHK version is my favourite). These are the three programmes I usually show people when I want them to see Yuzu for the first time (I recently converted a friend of mine with those three programmes. His jaw dropped when I showed him PW and Seimei, and then I ended up giving him the last blow with R&J1 :D)

Those 4 front-runners though! A definite thematic preference surfacing for epic emotionality...but then this is Yuzu we're talkin' about! ^ ^

Hope and Legacy

Chopin Ballade

Seimei

Romeo and Juliet 1

I went for R&J 1 myself: not because it is his most accomplished or polished skate (obvs), but because it (--and particularly his Worlds performance in Nice--) moves me in a way that few things can: Yuzu's got this incredible, unbridled authenticity in it that cuts to the heart of the viewer! :love:

So R&J1 is still the most visceral and powerful for me, regardless of the fact that he was still so young and not as technically accomplished as he is in Seimei, LGC or H&L.

Anyone else feels oddly melancholic/sad/nostalgic when watching World's RJ1?

i feel like it's weird for me to agree, given that i've only been around since early this year, but RJ1 does invoke in me a strange sense of nostalgia...

it doesn't necessarily make me feel sad, but still. though if i think too much about it, all programs from previous seasons make me a little melancholic 'cause i really wish i had found out about him sooner, i feel like i missed out on so much :<

I had to pick H&L, Seimei and Chopin. Though I have a very soft spot for many of the others, these 3 are the height of what is possible when you combine brilliant choreography, brilliant music, brilliant technical difficulty, brilliant execution and brilliant expression. PW was a very close 4th for the reasons mentioned but didn't make the list because he surpassed himself with the other 3.

The others I have a soft spot for: R&J 1 (I adore this soundtrack and he was the perfect passionate Romeo), POTO (beautiful program nearly skated to its potential but for a 3Lz!), Notte Stellata and White Legend (he has such lovely swan arms).

The program I want to see him perform again the most at his current state is R&J 2. It's actually a very well choreographed program (especially the last part from the Ina Bauer onwards) and the music is so beautiful. However, I don't think he ever skated this to near its potential. This was an ambitious program for him at the time and he needed to spend all his efforts to execute the technical elements due to his stamina issues but now...he would knock it out of the park.

I had to pick H&L, Seimei and Chopin. Though I have a very soft spot for many of the others, these 3 are the height of what is possible when you combine brilliant choreography, brilliant music, brilliant technical difficulty, brilliant execution and brilliant expression. PW was a very close 4th for the reasons mentioned but didn't make the list because he surpassed himself with the other 3.

The others I have a soft spot for: R&J 1 (I adore this soundtrack and he was the perfect passionate Romeo), POTO (beautiful program nearly skated to its potential but for a 3Lz!), Notte Stellata and White Legend (he has such lovely swan arms).

The program I want to see him perform again the most at his current state is R&J 2. It's actually a very well choreographed program (especially the last part from the Ina Bauer onwards) and the music is so beautiful. However, I don't think he ever skated this to near its potential. This was an ambitious program for him at the time and he needed to spend all his efforts to execute the technical elements due to his stamina issues but now...he would knock it out of the park.

Fresca, you're here! YAY!

And no, folks, I can't choose. I'll break down if I do! Sorry!

Fresca, you're here! YAY!

And no, folks, I can't choose. I'll break down if I do! Sorry!

Yes I am! :yay: I had to join the party! This is such a fun place!

It was hard for me to pick too but in the end, I had to pick the ones where I felt that I had seen something truly exceptional, the feeling that I had seen the ground of the sport shift.

How can Vertigo have more votes than Etude, how? :cry: poor Etude, always so underrated. It was the first Yuzu program I saw, and it was love at first sight, so voting for that was of course a no brainer <3

PS: Fresca, you're here, yay! Welcome! :yee:

Holy 3A! Too many brilliant programs for just 3 spots! Still, I found the strength to choose the ones I like the most.

1) Chopin. I love everything about this masterpiece, from the costume (#2) to every single element of the program itself. Perfect interpretation of the classical piece.

2) H&L - for being as beautiful and deep as nature and its many wonders.

3) The unique and dreamy Notte Stellata. It's too exquisite not to be included in top 3.