Team we're fewer but still good!

Guest turquoiseblue
On 20/09/2017 at 1:15 AM, katonice said:

Is Carolina connected with the Italian police force?

"She is a part of Fiamme Azzurre Sporting Group, which is the sport section of the Italian police force Polizia Penitenziaria."

Source: Her official website

56 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Harry Mattick’s Nightmare Before Christmas FS at ACI 2016. Love this costume a lot more and was a better performance, too.

That's actually quite good, apart from being buckets of fun. :biggrin::biggrin:

All right, sign me up. I'm in.

And what an innovative jump at around 3.30.

And that... angular spiral thing.

There really was something in the air this time. REally, everybody splatted all over the place.

ETA: @souyouki Behold, Pumpkin King!

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

That's actually quite good, apart from being buckets of fun. :biggrin::biggrin:

All right, sign me up. I'm in.

And what an innovative jump at around 3.30.

And that... angular spiral thing.

There really was something in the air this time. REally, everybody splatted all over the place.

ETA: @souyouki Behold, Pumpkin King!

I need to work now so I'll watch this later. I didn't know he skated this program last year as well.

@SparkleSalad  I'm sold too. Sign me up for your Pumpkin club. XD

3 hours ago, katonice said:

I see. Thanks for the info! It's interesting that she is part of the police. 

Afaik it's quite common for italian athletes to be part of some police or army section. It's one of the few ways they can get some fundings to keep competing.

For example our universities have no such thing as sports programs, so athletes from less popular sports, like figure skating, fencing (pluriOGM Valentina Vezzali), artistic gymnastics, diving or even swimming have to enforce in special police or army sections so they can receive training and a salary.

If you are curious there is this article http://www.ilpost.it/2012/08/03/perche-litalia-ha-atleti-dei-corpi-militari/

(here google translated in english for your convenience :laughing:)

I came here for the pumpkin king!:tumblr_mdpjktkDxp1qdlkyg:

ETA: wow that program is good:biggrin::bow:so entertaining!

I liked which one was again Jordan Dodds SP too, but I have still to watch the FP. ACI was a good way to get to know more skaters while biting my nails waiting for Yuzuru:acceptable:

10 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Harry Mattick’s Nightmare Before Christmas FS at ACI 2016. Love this costume a lot more and was a better performance, too.

Although his jumps were better here, I actually liked the performance at ACI 2017 more. I felt that his hand gestures were better this year! Hope to see him skate more this season!

Guest turquoiseblue

The Swedish Olympic Committee requires Sasha to earn a minimum of 260 points... I'm in shock... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: His ISU PB is 228.97 set at CS Warsaw Cup 2016 and his unofficial PB is 246.56 at Winter Universiade 2017. 

Alexander Majorov gets ready for his last season

Your first competitions are already in September and one is an Olympic qualifier, so I guess you had to be ready earlier.

Yes, that's the point. I not only have to be at my best for the Nebelhorn Trophy, but for at least 3 other competitions before the European Championships. This is so I can go after the points the Swedish Olympic committee set as a requirement to participate in the Olympic Games. Normally the Nebelhorn Trophy, the European Championships, Worlds and perhaps the Olympic Games are the competitions I would peak at, so 3 or 4 at the most competition during a full season. After a big competition like that you need some time to wind down and recuperate.

So what exactly are the Swedish Olympic Committee's requirements?

A minimum of 260 points. Before my first Olympic Games the minimum was to place 18th at Worlds.

When did you find out about the points required?

After Worlds in Helsinki. I did ask them a long time ago, but never got an answer. It was extremely hard not knowing. I wanted to know the exact deal and have it in writing, and I finally got it after Worlds. This time it's not about placement, but points achieved at either Challenger, Grand Prix or Euros that count. So I will either get dropped from the Swedish committee's program already after the Nebelhorn Trophy or after Euros, or after the free program at the Olympics. It's a raw deal but it's good to be aware so you're not suddenly in shock. I have a plan now and know exactly what to do and when, if it happens. It's good to have this communication though; there won't be any media chaos for something you might have said. Information should go to the athlete first, and not to the media. The athlete should know the policy before it becomes official.

1 hour ago, turquoiseblue said:

The Swedish Olympic Committee requires Sasha to earn a minimum of 260 points... I'm in shock... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: His ISU PB is 228.97 set at CS Warsaw Cup 2016 and his unofficial PB is 246.56 at Winter Universiade 2017. 

Alexander Majorov gets ready for his last season

This is so unfair! Why are they doing this? Anyway, good luck, Sasha!