General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

/Tsuzuki-sensei what else have you been telling this boy? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:/

Please stick with the 4A before going any further. And I can't believe this was an actual sentence I felt the need to write because 4A! 

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Please stick with the 4A before going any further. And I can't believe this was an actual sentence I felt the need to write because 4A! 

To think last year we were all freaking out over 4A thinking, oh no not yet. But this year, with all the interviews, we're actually thinking that 4A is mild, and is okay, and is the least evil of all the possible jumps he's mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

To think last year we were all freaking out over 4A thinking, oh no not yet. But this year, with all the interviews, we're actually thinking that 4A is mild, and is okay, and is the least evil of all the possible jumps he's mentioned.

Maybe that's his purpose lol Talk about quints - and 5A :P - so people will think 4A is mild and won't freak out at him training it lol

26 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

/Tsuzuki-sensei what else have you been telling this boy? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:/

somewhere in Canada, Brian's hair is tingling....

side note: i'm so happy with massive yuzu updates :10742290: :10742290: so much overdose these past few weeks. i try to overlook quint talk. i can handle 4A talk. let me bask in his gold glory 

31 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

There... is probably nothing much left? But who knows, maybe Yuzu will say sth else and we'll all be :smiley_hairpull:. But anyway, I think we can say that Mr Tsuzuki is a man of great vision :laughing:

A tiny story underneath hehe (I'm sorry I'm just so amused by the idea of a bb Yuzu being brainwashed? by his sensei into having nigh impossible dreams)

Spoiler

Once upon a time, there was a coach by the name of Tsuzuki. He admired the axel jump most out of all the jumps, and as he watched the top figure skaters start to do quads more frequently, he entertained the idea of quintuples and thought that they would be even more impressive. All this he imparted to his young charges.

One day, he happened across a young boy with mochi-like cheeks who had great competitive spirit. And the rest, as they say, is history, but meanwhile, a Canadian man on the other side of the world had a Very Bad Feeling. 

Yuzuru Hanyu FP 17.02.2018 O.G Tatiana Tarasova and A. Grishin commentary translated by me.

In parenthesis I included synonyms and explanations.

AG And the crowd is very excited at at this point at the skating rink in Gangneung at the Olympic Games. It is time for Yuzuru Hanyu's program, the Olympic Champion of 2014.

|

|

T T 4S.......... 4T.............4S+ 3T...............4T

|

|

T T Brava! Brava! Two shaky (dirty) exits. A grandiose (magnificent, bombastic) program. This program doesn't have a second of doubt neither here nor there, four quads. Two Axels, one in combo.

Stunning!! Those spread eagles, this music. He stepped on ice full of strength inside, very strong, one can feel that energy radiating from him.

AG Shaman! (wizard)

T T He was so tiny, raw (inexperienced) but now he matured, became stronger (Tatiana uses the word заматерел 'zamaterel' which means mature, gained strength, stands on his ground) considering that he was so sick and that leg of his was patched and so many months he skipped. How he trained. How he stood (this might be also as he was determined) and trained every day actually being on bed rest.

AG Well, a real shaman (wizard)...

T T Indeed!

AG …. looks like a two time (OC) shaman (wizard)

T T He is unique! Many things he was given by nature, he has big step, his legs are turned as they suppose to. Yes, he has adept legs (skillful, polished), strong knees. That, that people work for years to turn the leg pulling it (donno the terms in ballet yet she means the way that the leg is supposed to turn like in first position in ballet though the leg has to be turned not only at the ankles but from the hips) he has it. Jumpy (easily doing the jumps), since childhood he had a huge jump range. Though in good hands, he found... they have couches there too (in Japan) but he found that one person, the federation has found it for him, that person that with his abilities and from what he already knows, the coach, and feels, is molding (sculpting, forging) these victories. He didn't fall down on the hip (3Ltz) he almost but didn't touch the ice because this is what he's training for so that not to grab (the ice) with the hand, but even if to touch make sure not to fall at all. Because during every single training session there is a specific task. There he is as if joking, tore up his stomach (not literally of course, just so much effort he applied in order not to fall).

AG At the moment the official talisman at the Gangneung arena is becoming the yellow bear from the famous cartoon.

T T The yellow bears are just...

------- score 206.17

AG Unreachable! Write it down everyone....

T T Sweetheart (YH)! He's even shaking!

AG … The scores of a two time Olympic Champion!

History! History is made here in South Korea!

9 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Yuzu seems like hes skipping worlds for certain. And Im sick of every Japanese Media asking for Beijing 2022. Give the guy a break to think and stop pressuring him to go!!!!

I know right?

Let's not get wayyyyy ahead of ourselves--Yuzu still needs to rest and recuperate!

2 hours ago, MrPudding said:

the mental breakdown 

I...kind of get it. :laughing: a double jump (double tours in ballet) is already very difficult. Women don't do this jump. To give you an idea, during image training, I've only seen Yuzu do 1.5-1.75 turns in the air. He could probably do the full double if he really wanted to but it would require a lot more concentration and effort than he uses during image training. Adding the triple under with the jump rope is an added layer of a lot of athleticism, coordination and energy from different muscle groups (probably he uses this as a "replacement" for opening up and landing the jump properly). The triple tours is exponentially more difficult. Double tours is standard for good male ballet dancers but only a very special handful can do triple tours. To do triple tours while doing a quintuple under with a jump rope...is this even possible??

1 hour ago, GreatLakesGal said:

In the process of watching the press conference but just had to stop and say that his hair is absolute perfection. I don't think I've ever seen him look better. 

I would also give +3 GOE to his hair at Worlds 2017 and at the Olympics :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

5 minutes ago, OhYuzu said:

I didn't check the Planet for a day and I have 20 pages to read. What happened? :embSwan: this thread is impossible to follow. 

so many things happened today ;u; but it's mostly yuzu going to different press cons, so we'll just have to wait for translations i guess?

(bless the fandom's translators, they're all heaven sent :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:)