General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

What I learned recently.

1. Yuzuru Hanyu can't ride a bicycle. (I might have heard this some time before (before Sochi maybe), but totally forgotten.)

2, Yuzuru Hanyu likes sodas and crisps.

Why do these things sound cute to me?  :animated-smileys-angels-151:

I thought he said he was riding a bike in Toronto because he couldn't drive? 

hace 2 minutos , micaelis said:

It's called 'turnout' and it's required for all five basic positions.  It's a position where the feet are essentially at a 180 degree angle from each other and where the alignment is from the hips.  A person has to have the right pelvic design to be able to do it (that means it's in the genes).  Trying to achieve turnout any other way can wreck the legs, particularly the knees.  Yuzu has the pelvis for it.  I've never seen him do any of the five basic positions but in the disastrous fall last year he essentially did a full split when landing. That there was no mention of any injury or damage in the pelvic region indicated to me that he has the necessary genetic makeup to handle ballet turnout.  I've said this before but it bears repeating, that if Yuzu were closer to six feet in height (he's only 5 ft 7) and had begun training in ballet rather than skating from age five or six) he'd be a world class ballet dancer today.  He has the inborn talent and the genes and the determination to have made such an achievement.

TAT praises his turnout each time she comments his perfomances. This is something that makes his spread eagles and Ina Bauer's so amazing to watch. 

I think his natural flexibility sometimes saved him from serious injuries, he falls like a cat. Correct me if I am wrong but except for NHK and CoC accidents most of his injuries came from pushing his body too much, not because of bad falls.

18 hours ago, Lunna said:

@meoima

I uploaded SP and FS from channel 1 with TAT and Grishin comments

https://mega.nz/#F!eTJ1SbLa!yxRUHfieusCnWThe7iQ0tQ

SP is with warm-up, during FS warm-up there was partly an ad break

@nagini already made SP comments translation but I also did mine anyway so will post too

@kaeryth feel free to move links to the media thread

SP comments TAT & A. Grishin

Reveal hidden contents

FS comments TAT & A. Grishin

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you very much. Do you have the exhibition with Russian commentary? Thanks.

47 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

All this content made finally bite the bullet and buy a new external drive, is there any sort of master post that compiled all the mega / google drive uploads by various users from all the PC goodness? :pouty:

Thank you @kaeryth :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

So can we count on your external drive when all else fails?

23 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I can never unsee this :rofl:

I am creeped out by the accuracy