General Yuzuru Chat

I find East Asian competitions easier to manage oddly enough - early to late morning can be scheduled in relatively easily a lot of the time. And an overactive kitten trying to catch the skater/gymnast on the screen is a lot easier to cope with than a lot of fatuous questions from the family!

2 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Omg I thought I was the only one that saw that.... The first attempt looked like his feet was about to hit the ice again...:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

4lz3t Ripon anybody 

Yes that what’s I thought. But I am a newbie and still having trouble identifying jumps. :slinkaway:

Yes please to the 4lz3t rippon :dancingpooh:

3 minutes ago, Smultron said:

It does... 

Yolo combinations? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

2 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Yes that what’s I thought. But I am a newbie and still having trouble identifying jumps. :slinkaway:

Yes please to the 4lz3t rippon :dancingpooh:

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I thought I was going crazy but yeah, I thought the same

Guys we have to be careful with what we say.... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

No matter if you like or dislike, agree or don't agree with his words, you can never begrudge him for his competitiveness. No one gets to where he is currently without the intense desire to win. Really a true mentality of champion.

Sometimes I just lol-ed at the people who dislike his competitiveness or think he is too focused on the results. No matter how figure skating can be misconstructed to the public as an performance/show, it is a competitive sport. You don't get into it to lose. That's why I really appreciate his open remarks on his desire to win unconditionally.

10 minutes ago, cirelle said:

Maybe he’s doing the Eteri Method of tacking on an extra 3T on everything to build strength. :POOH:

I think it's this!! By attaching a 3T to every jump, moreover, you move your focus from "I don't know if I'll land the jump" to "After I land it, I have to do a 3T" which I think it's super. 

4 hours ago, xeyra said:

That new video of open media day... did he even land a proper 4Lz on it? I saw a very low knee landing, a pop and a turnout. And then a lot of falls in his runthrough. The first footage we got back in August really did cut and edit to make him look good. :laughing: :facepalm:

That cut made us worried about peak too soon then made us worried again after ACI FS... :facepalm: Media is bad. End...