When will Yuzu land 4A

SparkleSalad

When will Mr Hanyu land 4A?  

301 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

I wonder if everybody is under instructions not to say anything more about the 4A than what he has said - that he is training it and it's not there yet. Like Japan media and the 4Lz last season. 

wouldn't be surprised. I feel like Yuzu and Brian would never talk about it if it wasn't about ready to pull out -- wasn't he training 4Lz for a number of years earlier than 2017? JP media may be sitting on 4A info the same way they sat on 4Lz-3T footage (the snakes... lol. but I wouldn't expect any less)

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I wish he’d never said anything about it, kept it 100% completely super top secret so he could just whip it out in competition and short-circuit everyone’s brains.

he's being nice, because if he really did that, people would all faint victorian style when he does drop a "Surprise, 4A!" on them. 

He does want to win after all, and surprising judges and startling them into accidentally pressing wrong buttons (or fainting) is a bad idea for getting scores.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

he's being nice, because if he really did that, people would all faint victorian style when he does drop a "Surprise, 4A!" on them. 

He does want to win after all, and surprising judges and startling them into accidentally pressing wrong buttons (or fainting) is a bad idea for getting scores.

Yes but now I faint a little bit each day, more some days, less some days. I'd rather just have a sudden surprise fainting day. 

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

Yes but now I faint a little bit each day, more some days, less some days. I'd rather just have a sudden surprise fainting day. 

You'd miss the rest of the program though if you fainted during his actual program. 

Meanwhile I'm just mimicking that expression Brian had during that interview in Korea where he talked about Yuzu practicing it. That nearly choke on coffee one.

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

You'd miss the rest of the program though if you fainted during his actual program. 

Meanwhile I'm just mimicking that expression Brian had during that interview in Korea where he talked about Yuzu practicing it. That nearly choke on coffee one.

I'm still going to faint on account of not being able to breathe because I'll be screaming and never stopping. But it's okay, he'll have to do it in practice before actual competition, even he can't just wing 4A during programme without testing it out in the rink and on that ice. 

Maybe we should move to chatango for practice 4A vigil for his next few competitions. Seeing him go for it will crash Planet servers.

ETA: Are all 4000s ranked 4A now? Post count and rank, I mean. It's apt, of course, but I can't seem to find anybody else on 4000s to check. I haven't set mine to anything but I've been 4A for a while now. 

13 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I wish he’d never said anything about it, kept it 100% completely super top secret so he could just whip it out in competition and short-circuit everyone’s brains.

As fun as that would be, even Yuzu can't get away with giving that many people heart attacks all at the same time. Spare a thought for the poor volunteer first-aiders who'd have to attend to all the dead fanyus in the arena after something like that...

I think he's being a gentleman by giving us fair warning.

:pouty:

6 hours ago, Xen said:

In that moment, Brian was all of us.

So I was just eating dinner, minding my own business, with my mind wandering... suddenly I realized I was thinking of Yuzu videos on YouTube. And not just any videos, no. I was imagining myself a year from now, re-watching YouTube videos of Yuzu landing his 4A in spectacularly perfect fashion in Origin.

I don't know whether to be embarrassed or impressed that I've got 4A on the brain so much that I'm actually (and unconsciously (!)) doing image training of watching Yuzu having succeeded at it....Oy Vey.

:yznotimpressed:

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So I was just eating dinner, minding my own business, with my mind wandering... suddenly I realized I was thinking of Yuzu videos on YouTube. And not just any videos, no. I was imagining myself a year from now, re-watching YouTube videos of Yuzu landing his 4A in spectacularly perfect fashion in Origin.

I don't know whether to be embarrassed or impressed that I've got 4A on the brain so much that I'm actually (and unconsciously (!)) doing image training of watching Yuzu having succeeded at it....Oy Vey.

:yznotimpressed:

If this image training energy can somehow be transferred to Yuzu to further fuel his success in landing the jump.... I'd be more than happy :68468287: (to help him succeed in his conquest)

On 10/21/2018 at 7:19 AM, SparkleSalad said:

Apparently it’s sexy. :dpooh:

You had doubts? 

On 10/21/2018 at 8:19 AM, WinForPooh said:

I wonder if everybody is under instructions not to say anything more about the 4A than what he has said - that he is training it and it's not there yet. Like Japan media and the 4Lz last season. 

Yes. 

On 10/21/2018 at 12:52 PM, WinForPooh said:

Never mind fainting.  I'm worried that if he goes for the A4 I'm going to jump up excitedly to clap and on the way back down I'm going to land so heavily on my inflatable seat that it will explode!  Thus putting Yuzu off for the rest of his programme!!!!!  :8:

16 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Never mind fainting.  I'm worried that if he goes for the A4 I'm going to jump up excitedly to clap and on the way back down I'm going to land so heavily on my inflatable seat that it will explode!  Thus putting Yuzu off for the rest of his programme!!!!!  :8:

Noooo You must land gently, using a Nobu-like knee. No explosions!

2 hours ago, Louitunes said:

Lmao, I can imagine it vividly :smiley-laughing021:

3 hours ago, Louitunes said:

I thought you were going to say on the way down you were going to land an axel :68468287:. Yuzu’s 4A will be so powerful it will make everyone able to land an axel in the audience