Suggestions?

1 minute ago, liha said:

excuse me, what is a pure forum in your understanding?

The purpose of this forum is to give fans a platform to discuss their favorite skater and FS. Being a "pure forum" (whatever that means) was never our intention.

it mean admin/mod will try control all the thread here

Just now, Gingers said:

it mean admin/mod will try control all the thread here

Yes, we want to give the users the freedom to actively participate in creating threads and forming the community, if that is what you mean?

Just now, Gingers said:

Did i say that? No need to get so worked up,calm down

I believe I am calm. I just don't seem to understand your point why you should be so vocal against us creating new subforums. And why we should be stopped by your protest, honestly, should we find it necessary to re-organise things a little. 

As for controlling threads - no, we don't control people saying anything as long as they abide by the rules. 

6 minutes ago, Gingers said:

I get it now,so this forum is not a pure forum

I'm not sure what you mean by this either.  It's a forum based upon the YH fans, but those fans have many other interests and are fans of other skaters as well.  They like to talk about a lot of different aspects of the sport and I don't suppose that many people follow all threads, if any.  It's a question of picking the ones that interest you and being free to ignore the others.  I can't follow the language threads, and though the ballet / dance stuff is interesting I can't really contribute to it, but I'm glad that it's there for others and that the people who have given their time to set it up and run it are so inclusive.

On the old forum you had to search hard in the single thread to find the things you wanted to read about and it was time consuming and irritating.  This may not be perfect but it's a work in progress and it's already streets ahead of the old one.

5 hours ago, kitsune said:

Hello :smile:.

Has the topic Adult Skaters in the Knickknacks:General Skating Chat and has the topic Skating on the Planet in the Space Junk: Everything Else, I find the two topics very similar. Would not it be better to close one of the topics or unify the two? 

thanks, i have merged them

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Hello to admins! I'm almost done with the consolidated links for Yuzu's ice shows post. Can I do one for his senior competitions?

Something similar to @Gingers's novice and junior comps list - meaning links to results/score sheets included.

That is, if no one is planning on doing one. :tumblr_inline_mg16esQ1hY1qdlkyg:

I don't think anyone's planning to do this, so if you want - go ahead.

And thank you very very very much for all this hard work :tumblr_inline_mg15qnUpxW1qdlkyg:

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sublimeskating said:

not sure if this is the right place to post this, but a huge THANK YOU to the mods for making new yuzu, brian, and tracy emoticons!!!

omg i just noticed them today and they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PERFECT EXPRESSIONS OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:joy:

:knc_brian1:

glad you like them!!

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Hi mods! I want to start a thread for Non-Yuzu skating vids [Example: Torvill & Dean's Bolero]. Where would be the best place to put it? Igloo World or Space Junk?

Skating Knickknacks actually! Sorry with the confusion with all the subforums. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am not very good at remembering where the different sub forums and threads are so can end up posting in the wrong place.  Could we have a CONTENTS or INDEX page which lists all the forums (and their threads maybe, or with brief explanation of what should be included) in alphabetical order? (sorry if this seems like a load of work..maybe I could help if this was agreed as a good idea?). 

Thanks for all your hard work on this fab planet!!

Pamyu :thanks:

Hello :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw: If its possible, I'd like to be able to save/bookmark posts. Some denizens of Planet Hanyu have some really interesting stuff to say or provide useful links and I'd really love to be able to easily find these posts to look at again.

Many thanks for providing such a wonderful platform for fans of Yuzu! It's really helped for learning more about him/FS, keeping up to date, reading very interesting opinions and translations, getting help about FS tickets, and just talking to like-minded people:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: