Media Day 2018

14 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Oh, I was about to address the admin-edited quote. Geez, if wearing leggins had anything to do with it, I wouldn't be seeing dozens of guys doing their daily running in leggins. Or cycling. Or... you know, half of the sport. They all look quite cool, actually. And it's even possible some of them are gay. Still looking cool.

Edit: The site went down for me for a few moments, does anyone know what happened? Not gonna lie, the perspective of not having access to Planet is scary.

It was me, I accidentally disabled the forum :3

:runaway:

14 hours ago, Sammie said:

his Godspeed shoe lace tying  :usrs:

He has his laces tied faster than I can pick mine up to start tying them. Also, it doesn't seem like he does his skates up all that tightly. Canadians among the satellites will I'm sure understand...all those long cold moments wasted sitting in the rink bleachers as a child, cutting the sides of your hands on your skate laces from pulling them RE-AL-LY tight so that your ankles would have enough support...I see this, and, well, kuyashii...you mean I never had to do that? Oy. :yznotimpressed:

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He has his laces tied faster than I can pick mine up to start tying them. Also, it doesn't seem like he does his skates up all that tightly. Canadians among the satellites will I'm sure understand...all those long cold moments wasted sitting in the rink bleachers as a child, cutting the sides of your hands on your skate laces from pulling them RE-AL-LY tight so that your ankles would have enough support...I see this, and, well, kuyashii...you mean I never had to do that? Oy. :yznotimpressed:

This is sped up lol i think, and that's still really tight! Tie your skates tight!!

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

This is sped up lol i think, and that's still really tight! Tie your skates tight!!

No, you don't understand, we used to wrench on those laces. Think corset, but for ankles.  It wasn't tight enough until there were dents in our calves from the skate tops. Yuzu is lacing very securely but there's still space between the two rows of eyelets on the boots, by the standards I was taught, that's loose. 

Although I'm sure pro skate boots are a completely different matter anyway. But still, my childhood would have been so much more painless if...:crazyshit2:

11 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Tying the laces is probably second nature to him. 

Does anyone know how many pair of skating boots Yuzu goes through in a year:? 

Wasn't it like, 4 maybe? or maybe it was Nathan who said he needed four pairs in a season...

11 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Tying the laces is probably second nature to him. 

Does anyone know how many pair of skating boots Yuzu goes through in a year:? 

He apparently goes through one pair per year. (Same as Javi btw) It was stated in a Yomiuri Shimbun article snippet that one pair of Edea Piano boots lasts him a year, but I'm not sure if the tweet with the picture of the newspaper was deleted, or if the link went dead? The comment on the Planet was here and I saved the original pic of the snippet but I'm not sure where/if I should reupload it. He also said in the P&G "Thank you mom" commercial behind the scenes (translated here) that he's only gone through about 25 pairs of boots in 18 years of skating - and that would include his feet outgrowing boots when he was little.

26 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Wasn't it like, 4 maybe? or maybe it was Nathan who said he needed four pairs in a season...

It's Nathan who goes through a pair every 3-ish months. I think Shoma does too? But I need to look up that reference again.
Speculation started on the Planet that Yuzu went through 4 pairs per year based on a tweet by John Wilson blades that had four sets of blades with Yuzu's name on it. But blades doesn't equal boots, and we got the Yomiuri Shimbun article translation and P&G commercial later on anyway.

2 hours ago, lazuliblade said:

He apparently goes through one pair per year. (Same as Javi btw) It was stated in a Yomiuri Shimbun article snippet that one pair of Edea Piano boots lasts him a year, but I'm not sure if the tweet with the picture of the newspaper was deleted, or if the link went dead? The comment on the Planet was here and I saved the original pic of the snippet but I'm not sure where/if I should reupload it. He also said in the P&G "Thank you mom" commercial behind the scenes (translated here) that he's only gone through about 25 pairs of boots in 18 years of skating - and that would include his feet outgrowing boots when he was little.

It's Nathan who goes through a pair every 3-ish months. I think Shoma does too? But I need to look up that reference again.
Speculation started on the Planet that Yuzu went through 4 pairs per year based on a tweet by John Wilson blades that had four sets of blades with Yuzu's name on it. But blades doesn't equal boots, and we got the Yomiuri Shimbun article translation and P&G commercial later on anyway.

If my memory serves me right, he does have several pairs of blade as backup since he regularly sent those back to Sendai for re-sharpening. And it is also highly probable that he has at least 2 pairs of boots? IDK, he's like never complaining about boot problems, thus I think he might have more than 1 pair and broke them at the same time. 

@lazuliblade thank you for your archive:10742289::bow:

5 hours ago, vanadiezz said:

If my memory serves me right, he does have several pairs of blade as backup since he regularly sent those back to Sendai for re-sharpening. And it is also highly probable that he has at least 2 pairs of boots? IDK, he's like never complaining about boot problems, thus I think he might have more than 1 pair and broke them at the same time. 

I'm sure he does, he plans everything, I think having boots at the ready is part of planning :biggrin: (I guess since ACI17 he's also paid more attention to gloves LOL)

ah, I miss Yuzu even if it's not even a week since we were properly watered with content:13877886:

the countdown in the homepage  is making me :tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg: and :tumblr_inline_n2pjcy6tMv1qdlkyg: I still can't decide which one is stronger:headdesk2:

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic