2018/19 Coaching changes

Just now, LucyH said:

She's not - There's not WAY in hell that Eteri did not know that Evgenia was leaving and found out "in the news". C'mon we weren't born yesterday! She's just butt hurt about it and can't seemingly act like an adult and produced text messages that an 18-year old girl sent her (someone that she supposedly loved like a daughter) to try to shame her on National TV.  Eteri is cancelled in my book! I hope there's an exodus! 

After Olympics Evgenia said she wasn't going to leave Eteri, so when did she make this decision? and why is this war happening now. she could just make an announcement earlier and  prevent this horrible fight.

24 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Btw in all this mess I may have become an even bigger Evgenia fan. And I cried after her Olympics FS. 

Someone in GS said what Eteri did has reduced Medvedeva's haters to the minimum.

7 minutes ago, cucciolo888 said:

After Olympics Evgenia said she wasn't going to leave Eteri, so when did she make this decision? and why is this war happening now. she could just make an announcement earlier and  prevent this horrible fight.

Well the official announcement will be made Monday in Russia (at least that's what I've read). Likely a joint statement from Rus Fed and Evgenia. What did you expect to say in March if things weren't finalized? Announce to the Fed and Eteri that her intention was to leave or she was thinking of leaving? How do you think that would've played out if she had played her cards without things being finalized / i.e. deals in place? Rus Fed isn't Skate Canada :P

3 minutes ago, cucciolo888 said:

After that, obviously. We're not privy to their conversations in private nor are they obliged to share them with us. 

Eteri's TV appearance wasn't pretty so actually, Zhenya shouldn't make any statements now until she has a chance to meet with her representation and figure out how to even answer that. 

:rofl:I was out gardening for a few hours and came back to this barn burner of a thread.... quite enjoyable for me, I have to say, since I really don't care about the players involved other than those already in TCC.

Eteri... wow. I can very well believe that Med said that about Alina after her loss... lots of people in a similar situation might say something like that in an emotional moment, or even in a semi-joking manner (kind of like whining * couldn't you have kept her in junior just one more year?*)... but to have your trusted coach reveal it, and make it sound worse than it possibly was? Pass the popcorn. 

As for Med.. well, when you are confident in your choices/decisions, then it is far easier to be confident about what you say on social media. If she knows she is welcome at TCC, then it is far easier to deal with the mud slinging that may come from other quarters... and remember, she watched the Yulia situation unfold, so this reaction by Eteri is not unknown to her camp. She had an up close seat to what leaving could entail and would have been prepared.

I hope the younger girls in Eteri's group take note of this situation. When it happened with Yulia, it could be explained away that it was just bad blood between coach and student... but now with the same thing happening with the coach's supposed favourite, Med? They should all be paying very close attention to how it all unfolds because there is a bad pattern forming.

And geez... Eteri, don't drag Brian into this. Everyone in the skating world is wondering whether or not your juniors can keep their quads once they grow up... she knows this herself since she gets rid of girls once they change...

3 minutes ago, LucyH said:

Well the official announcement will be made Monday in Russia (at least that's what I've read). Likely a joint statement from Rus Fed and Evgenia. What did you expect to say in March if things weren't finalized? Announce to the Fed and Eteri that her intention was to leave or she was thinking of leaving? How do you think that would've played out if she had played her cards without things being finalized / i.e. deals in place? Rus Fed isn't Skate Canada :P

To announce it before this information appeared on TV shows,  I wish, someday Russian skaters will learn, just to say goodbye  to their coaches properly, even if they  are demons.

2 минуты назад, cucciolo888 сказал:

To announce it before this information appeared on TV shows,  I wish, someday Russian skaters will learn, just to say goodbye  to their coaches properly, even if they  are demons.

They r too young for that in case of Eteri xD. LOOOOL!

11 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

After that, obviously. We're not privy to their conversations in private nor are they obliged to share them with us. 

Eteri's TV appearance wasn't pretty so actually, Zhenya shouldn't make any statements now until she has a chance to meet with her representation and figure out how to even answer that. 

It's not right to end the multi-year partnership like this and I believe they are both wrong. 

4 minutes ago, cucciolo888 said:

It's not right to end the multi-year partnership like this and I believe they are both wrong. 

Yes, she should have taken flowers to her like Adian did, and said thank you and goodbye. That worked out just fantastic. Eteri was full of praise for him and absolutely did not, after all that, call him a lazy boy for saying he couldn't skate when his back was killing him.

NOT.

And the only interview was from Eteri. Zhenya said she would have a press conference after the news broke. We assume the news broke from Zhenya's camp, and we assume that Eteri and her team knew about it well and good. How did they know? We don't know that. Maybe Zhenya did try to do it right and Eteri wanted no part of it. How do we know? We don't. We only know what Eteri has said and she hasn't exactly painted herself to be a picture of credibility. Not replying to rather rude text messages? Maybe because of whatever happened between them before that, why not? Why assume it was Zhenya being rude?

9 minutes ago, cucciolo888 said:

Zhenya hasn't said anything, that is Eteri's take on the matter.

Look, we don't know what actually happened between those two. Usually when a relationship breaks, two sides both played a part. It's usually a mix of many things and Olympics especially are a highly stressful, emotionally charged moment as well as the time right after that, when who knows what was said or done. Emotional situation, stress, things escalate. 

Eteri shouldn't have gone on TV like this though. You settle these things in private. Anyway, I can only hope that tomorrow Zhenya does not escalate and all of this is stopped because at the end of the day, the kids still at Eteri's group will also end up paying. 

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

Yes, she should have taken flowers to her like Adian did, and said thank you and goodbye. That worked out just fantastic. Eteri was full of praise for him and absolutely did not, after all that, call him a lazy boy for saying he couldn't skate when his back was killing him.

NOT.

And the only interview was from Eteri. Zhenya said she would have a press conference after the news broke. We assume the news broke from Zhenya's camp, and we assume that Eteri and her team knew about it well and good. How did they know? We don't know that. Maybe Zhenya did try to do it right and Eteri wanted no part of it. How do we know? We don't. We only know what Eteri has said and she hasn't exactly painted herself to be a picture of credibility. Not replying to rather rude text messages? Maybe because of whatever happened between them before that, why not? Why assume it was Zhenya being rude?

She could say about her future plans straight and clear before it turned into TV drama ( Which started two days ago)

3 минуты назад, cucciolo888 сказал:

She could say about her future plans straight and clear before it turned into TV drama ( Which started two days ago)

And you sure she didn't?

Zhenya aside I read that Polina is leaving for sure and that Eteri group or whoever will not let her compete again (there was another Rus idiom - Полина уходит и ей уже обещали перекрыть кислород.

Если вы можете перевести лучше на англ, переведите пож, тут 7 утра уже в Сеуле и я реально плохо соображаю после бессоной ночи оО)