2018/19 Coaching changes

6 hours ago, Fay said:

But what for? Does Eteri think Lilbet is going to know all of Brian’s secrets or what? 

6 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Maybe to show Brian that Liz can have better results with her? Is this even possible?? 

Eteri's comments after the Zhenya move indicates that she is very competitive...and hurt (for whatever reason, that's beside the point here). The impression I get is that she'll work hard with Alina to prove a point (arguably harder than before), and if Lilbet moves away from TCC and goes to Eteri, then it becomes another opportunity for Eteri to prove the point - that she is a coach who knows what she is doing, and she is the best coach for these women.

9 hours ago, Fay said:

I’ve run out of popcorn already...

We need auto-refilling popcorn bowls this off season.

I would have bet on LilBet going to Plush before her going back to Eteri, assuming Eteri will take her back in. Unless Eteri is intrigued by a senior lady doing a 4S, which LilBet was training on. Wonder if that's the motivation-the 4S goal.

Didn't LilBet actually say before she's not doing pairs? So I'm curious now if that rumor, while being dismissed by her, is now being raised again? It's not like someone else didn't say she would never leave her coach, only to do that about a month later....

According to Eteri’s girls’ Ask answers, Lilbet’s stay with Eteri seems to be temporary, just for the summer or whatever. Let’s wait and see. Why is she on the photo then...

10 minutes ago, Fay said:

According to Eteri’s girls’ Ask answers, Lilbet’s stay with Eteri seems to be temporary, just for the summer or whatever. Let’s wait and see. Why is she on the photo then...

Depends on how badly Eteri wants revenge on BOrser taking her ex-student?

I wonder how athletes' visas work, and if there are restrictions on how long they can stay in Canada at one time, then they have to leave for a bit before they return etc?

But I am trying to figure out why she would move out of TCC, because while people have listed reasons, I don't think any of them sound that compelling, or at the very least there hasn't been a lot of listed alternatives? If it's a crowding issue, it's not like Eteri team is less crowded. The only one I could see if there were disagreements about the 4S in competition and injuries possibilities. =(

10 hours ago, robin said:

If this is some sort of revenge move by Eteri's team... lbr Lilbet is nowhere near Zhenia's level lol

Sure but Lilbet is through puberty and has kept her ideal Team Tutberidze physique, so Eteri might finally have a senior girl who can jump the 4S. If they let her recover from that hip injury completely and get back to her best condition. 

I'm not going to change my poster yet again... geesh, people, stop. :laughing:

Wonder if Eteri is going to make it a point of pride to make Bet her #2 senior superstar, after Alina.

8 minutes ago, katonice said:

:smiley-dance018:

Umm.. ok... won't she get lost in that huge group they have there? It's like BOrser and Eteri did a student exchange - LOL 

But then again, I never got the sense that she was ever at TCC all that much. Also I also got the sense that sometimes her mother (who is so "extra") may have been an issue. Brian is not a fan of meddling feds or parents. Someone also mentioned Visa issues... I hope it works out for her... TCC needed to free up some room for the new recruits. 

Why oh why do I feel like this could end up being about that 4S she practiced....:headdesk2: She wants to push it, Brian told her not to rush it, and she goes to Eteri who has known quad ladies in the junior ranks, and Turnsynbaeva's build isn't that different.