Team China

On 9/1/2018 at 6:07 AM, hoodie axel said:

Which song is that? 

He is definitely moving better than he did last year. His lines are cleaner, his moves are sharper, he's more on the music...whatever went on with the 'where will he train?' controversy, he is obviously working hard and making improvements. Good. I look forward to seeing his programs in competition. 

On 9/3/2018 at 2:12 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

He is definitely moving better than he did last year. His lines are cleaner, his moves are sharper, he's more on the music...whatever went on with the 'where will he train?' controversy, he is obviously working hard and making improvements. Good. I look forward to seeing his programs in competition. 

I like his music choices too, really excited to see him perform :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

“For Li Zijun, it’s not about her skills, her presentation or her current understanding of her own skating, it is not her time to retire. Yu Xiaoyu is currently looking for a partner, she has a lot of competitive experience along with being mentally strong and she has a clear direction that she wants to take. Presently, China lacks depth in Ladies’ Singles, if she wants to try it, she can.”

The list however, is not a final list, it is only an invitational list, those who are invited are not required to attend, but if they want to realize their dreams and stand on top of the field, they have to opportunity to receive training to help them go to the Olympics for China and to make the country proud.

^ Pretty much the list there is the supplimentary/backup team of the national team. From what's been discussed on Chinese baidu bars, a lot of the people on that list have retired or left competitive skating. So it's more to keep those former skaters involved and ready in case they are needed. Call them string-B skaters. It's more an issue of lack of new skaters in China in certain fields.

I've seen recruitment efforts in ice dance more than in singles.