Proposed changes for next season

7 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

There's this weird notion that we might see more -3Lo combos with the men. Can someone explain? Certainly not with any of the top men, unless they really want to do a 3A-3Lo, or smash their hips.

To maximise BV if they can't repeat a 3A in combo? Instead of doing a 2T? A 3Lz-3Lo instead of a 3A-3T?

12 minutes ago, Yoa said:

I hope so. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else...

I found the thing  https://www.isu.org/docman-documents-links/isu-files/documents-communications/isu-communications/17037-isu-communication-2156/file

page 102 but it says it has to be a double or triple? I am on my phone and it’s hard to read. Maybe the context is juniors...

9 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

To maximise BV if they can't repeat a 3A in combo? Instead of doing a 2T? A 3Lz-3Lo instead of a 3A-3T?

Yeah, but I doubt they'd do this, when a quad+GOE SoV advantage is much higher, now. And anyone with more than three quads doesn't need this at all.

I guess for the "lower" tier men it might be true, but even they'd still probably prefer the quad advantage.

1 minute ago, hoodie axel said:

Yeah, but I doubt they'd do this, when a quad+GOE SoV advantage is much higher, now. And anyone with more than three quads doesn't need this at all.

I guess for the "lower" tier men it might be true, but even they'd still probably prefer the quad advantage.

I agree, it's just the only reasoning I can find behind doing it. Tbh 3lo combos for men would only give an edge in the SP. Adam Rippon does it and it keeps him from falling too behind one-quad competitors. 

On 6/7/2018 at 5:52 PM, robin said:

I found the thing 

page 102 but it says it has to be a double or triple? I am on my phone and it’s hard to read. Maybe the context is juniors...

That poster said "like in juniors"... On page 101 there's rules about SP for seniors. There's nothing about a flip :2thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Yoa said:

That poster said "like in juniors"... On page 101 there's rules about SP for seniors. There's nothing about a flip :2thumbsup:

Yes, I think that's a proposal to change the rule for juniors (taking out the preceeding steps) because proposal 259 and 260 would be contradicting each other. In 259 it says triple or quadruple jump in the solo jump bullet point and in 260 it says flip/loop double or triple jump :)

eta: Ohh and the reason for proposal 260 is stated as

Reason: usual rotation of Groups and to be in line with requirements for Seniors.

8 minutes ago, robin said:

Yes, I think that's a proposal to change the rule for juniors (taking out the preceeding steps) because proposal 259 and 260 would be contradicting each other. In 259 it says triple or quadruple jump in the solo jump bullet point and in 260 it says flip/loop double or triple jump :)

oo you quoted me after I edited my mistake :headdesk: My English is worse than usual...

The reason we might see more 3Lo combos is because of the reduction in number of jumping passes. Before, a lot of men jumped 3Lo as a solo jump, preventing them from jumping it in combo (presumably you have higher priorities for what to repeat than 3Lo). With one less jumping pass, a lot of men are going to be dropping their 3Lo solo jump, freeing it up to be used in combination. Most men jump 2T as one of their combinations in the free skate because of the Zayak rule, but 2T has very low value in comparison to 3Lo. Therefore, if you can replace your 2T with 3Lo, your base value goes up by a decent chunk (more than what it would go up if you replace a 3A with a 4S for instance). Some people speculate that men have a harder time with loop combos due to their hip structure though, so whether it will actually happen is not certain.

2 minutes ago, Yoa said:

oo you quoted me after I edited my mistake :headdesk: My English is worse than usual...

Hahah I didn't even notice.... I can edit the quote for you :p

Your english is perfectly fine!

Yuzu didn't do -3Lo combos even when he had the 4Lo so I think for whatever reason he didn't train it then (probably because he was more occupied with dealing with the 4Lo/4Lz) he won't train it now either.

21 minutes ago, robin said:

Yuzu didn't do -3Lo combos even when he had the 4Lo so I think for whatever reason he didn't train it then (probably because he was more occupied with dealing with the 4Lo/4Lz) he won't train it now either.

A pity. A lot of us would die out of joy were he to do 3A3Lo in competition :sipping: