Team Russia

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Anyway, Eteri's instagram caption isn't as damning of her students as she thinks it is, lol. If literally all of your students (most of whom you taught since their impressionable early teenage years) are "difficult" in the exact same way, then maybe the problem is with the common denominator here, lol. 

The number of times I've seen a variation of this meme today...

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Anyway, Eteri's instagram caption isn't as damning of her students as she thinks it is, lol. If literally all of your students (most of whom you taught since their impressionable early teenage years if not even younger) are "difficult" in the exact same way, then maybe the problem is with the common denominator here, lol. 

I read her rant and holy cow... it really sounds like Eteri demands unquestioning obedience and mindless loyalty from her skaters. No wonder she doesn't have any adults under her tutelage... there's a limit to how long someone can be blindly led around...

1 minute ago, Sombreuil said:

Definitely not - what price the K&C at nationals whenever they take place.....

For once, Brian might give a sigh of relief, since he’s so much last season’s nuisance. It’s all going to be Plushenko vs Tutberidze. 
But I don’t expect to see Brian at the Nationals this year, though... 

4 hours ago, Fay said:

The girl’s turning 17 soon, that is, she’s growing too old... 

You mean she's getting a mind of her own.

I really think that's the issue here. Once a skater is old enough to have their own opinions, Eteri doesn't want to know them.

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You mean she's getting a mind of her own.

I really think that's the issue here. Once a skater is old enough to have their opinions, Eteri doesn't want to know them.

They also go through puberty which is going to affect their consistency. And yeah, for once they want to be heard and to be given some individual attention. 

7 minutes ago, Fay said:

For once, Brian might give a sigh of relief, since he’s so much last season’s nuisance. It’s all going to be Plushenko vs Tutberidze. 
But I don’t expect to see Brian at the Nationals this year, though... 

You never know, 2020 has been so weird.

But we owe RusFed a vote of thanks for keeping us all so entertained. It's a public service they're doing, really.

2 minutes ago, Veveco said:

The true victim in this mess is Daniil and his allegedly amazing choreographies that will now be wasted :drama:

They’ve been known to give the same piece to other skaters, though... so you never know! 

26 minutes ago, Fay said:

You might also be entertained by what the great choreographer Zheleznyakov wrote. You know he’s the one who bickered with Plushenko back in December. 
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1462807907240543&id=100005340420443

No, I really don't want to know what that guy says, sorry.

I found interesting comments on Reddit too.

I don't say what EGT wrote is impossible, but it is rather inconsistent.

Back in May, everybody was confined, nobody skated. If Alena Kostornaia had already demanded (if she ever did) not to skate with some other skaters, it was before the confinement, so how is it that she went back to skate in Novogorsk? I understand Alexandra Trusova was a student at Sambo 70 (vocational) school, so by announcing the split in May she lost her last weeks because she was expelled from this school. Yet she went on. Alena Kostornaia doesn't even have this problem because she never left her (normal) school, though she has most of her classes online or via tutors. She is likely to go on like before.

And if she demanded not to share ice with some skaters in Novogorsk, then did she really plot leaving back in May?

I don't really buy this story of plotting in May. Someone on Reddit suggested she may have had it as a plan B in case things went wrong with Team Tutberidze, this I would buy it more. Like, being approached (I guess all TT elite skaters have been approached) and saying she's staying at Sambo at the moment, but not slamming the door.

Plus, she grew again during the confinement. This may be why she didn't manage to get her 3A back easily, she may have found she didn't get the attention she wished? The team coaches may have been overwhelmed with so many students to get back in shape and one coach missing, while she certainly had reports from Plushenko's training camp, of more individual attention. After all Evgeni Plushenko himself has no show this summer to get him away, him + Sergei Rozanov must do good work. And Eteri Tutberidze may have tried with her what had succeeded so well with Alina Zagitova : asking her to go, knowing she would come back soon. Except that it didn't go as expected.

I didn't see mentioned the geographical problem. She lives really very far away from Khrustalny and has 3-4h total commuting every day, which must be quite taxing (and I don't know if you have tried Moscow metro, beautiful, safe and efficient but seriously shaking). Do you know where Angels of Plushenko train? Maybe closer?

Eventually, there is the boarding factor. Because at Novogorsk skaters are boarding, and, with CoViD, confined. This may have exacerbated any resentment between skaters, and between skaters and coaches (and between coaches).

Anyway, I really don't like how Eteri Tutberidze speaks of her former students. When it is somebody else (sister or "minor coach"), OK, but here it was her own account, wasn't it? There is no doubt as who wrote it? It shed a bad light on her.

Edit : also, is there a time limit to switch coaches, in Russia or by ISU rules, as seems implied in some comments?