Team Russia

Zhenya was interviewed before ACI

https://tass.ru/interviews/5583842

in précis, she denied talking about retirement with Eteri, said that it’s impossible to say her new coaching environment is better, because it’s so different, called Brian professional, demanding and calm, said it was very hard for her to make the move and it caused distress and tears, denied she was in any way as unique as Yuzuru and said they communicate during their practices. 

Brian said after the OP FS that they have to learn their lesson and David called her a blond. Lol 

27 minutes ago, Fay said:

Zhenya was interviewed before ACI

https://tass.ru/interviews/5583842

in précis, she denied talking about retirement with Eteri, said that it’s impossible to say her new coaching environment is better, because it’s so different, called Brian professional, demanding and calm, said it was very hard for her to make the move and it caused distress and tears, denied she was in any way as unique as Yuzuru and said they communicate during their practices. 

Brian said after the OP FS that they have to learn their lesson and David called her a blond. Lol 

Oh man, there's going to be a lot of popcorn flying around later on.

Just now, Xen said:

Oh man, there's going to be a lot of popcorn flying around later on.

This is a popcorn season as far as Ladies Skating is concerned, you’re right. 

If I were a popcorn producer, I’d make a fortune over here 

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

This is a popcorn season as far as Ladies Skating is concerned, you’re right. 

If I were a popcorn producer, I’d make a fortune over here 

what would be the metaphorical equivalent to popcorn in Russia? In China we usually say "eating sunflower seeds."

11 minutes ago, Xen said:

what would be the metaphorical equivalent to popcorn in Russia? In China we usually say "eating sunflower seeds."

The same. Though we say popcorn as well. Sunflower seeds are usually for gossips. 

Just a little field report from ACI: Evgenia looked incredibly beautiful, healthy and strong, won the SP, and I don't know what to think of the new scoring system. It takes the judges 

forever to tabulate the scores and the marks themselves seem very low across the board.