Team Russia

On 8/19/2020 at 3:44 PM, sallycinnamon said:

Is Alexander Abt also working in Plushenko's Academy?

An update: it seems Abt IS working in Plushenko’s school. At least most people in Russia think so. 
ETA: that’s right, he is working there. They have quite a star quality coaches there now

interview with Davydov

If a person decides to leave, he will still do it, no matter what you do. It can be returned for a while, but, as a rule, such people are still constantly looking for options that will turn out to be more profitable. We left here, stayed there, went to the third place, to the fourth. I don’t take the level of the world championships, but in adolescence, almost everyone begins to feel for periods that everything is going wrong. Therefore, I always teach my children, and myself too: the competitions passed, they made a mistake - everyone should find this mistake in himself. I sat and dug, you sat, dug, we drew conclusions together - and only then something can come of it.

https://russian.rt.com/sport/article/776388-davydov-intervyu-figurnoe-katanie

interview with Nikita Mikhailov, Russian choreographer

I like working with older skaters more. Because through them you can, as it were, express yourself, show the world what you are worth. There is some public recognition here. Adults are your picture, which you hang out and everyone looks at it. And it's just fun to work with children. Adults can technically do much more.

https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/figureice/2822041.html

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I honestly can't say that I think this is the best idea Russia ever had:

https://twitter.com/ifsmagazine/status/1298695131877515264?s=20

they must be doing better at controlling the coronavirus than we realize because this seems like a big risk

I suppose they won't be let enter without testing and/or quarantine, as we do in France except from very few countries (which need just one negative test), probably to collect and cultivate all possible strains (sorry, my jokes are not necessarily funny).

1 час назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

I suppose they won't be let enter without testing and/or quarantine, as we do in France except from very few countries (which need just one negative test), probably to collect and cultivate all possible strains (sorry, my jokes are not necessarily funny).

For now the rule is to take test within 3 days after arrival, no quarantine. Also you must fill info before arrival about your flight, where you will stay, etc., not sure it's the same for foreigners though.