Introductions

Hydroblade

5 hours ago, CookieMaster said:

Hello I'm new here, well sort of

ive had an account but havent gotten around to using it for a while

I'm Cookie, almost 21 years old and I live in Pakistan. I found yuzuru when I cam across is parisian walkways performance at the olympics. I fell in love but I didnt start taking a huge ineterest in him until recently. ive never been a fan of any sports but I can never get enough of his skating

I have a few questions. im still new so does anyone have advice on what places to follow to make sure im updated on all yuzu relating things (from news to photos etc), maybe on this forum or someplace else. also is there a masterlist or index of all yuzu related media? i want to get to know him more

thankyou in advance!

oh and im also a fan of BTS and anime! (currently super into the devilman series)

Hello and welcome :D! There is this list:

In our translations and media subforum :biggrin: I hope it helps~

Hello!

After all the time I've spent stalking lurking on this site, it's been a while since I've said to me that I should say a proper hello before posting in other threads and so her I am finally!

First of all, I must say I don't really know how things go on other forums (I came to understand that some of you have had quite a harsh moment elsewhere and feel sorry about that) but I find the atmosphere here really friendly (to each other and to all the other skaters - even though everyone has preferences and it's normal) so I wanted to say that I think everyone is doing such a great job to keep things as so and that it's awesome :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp: Best part for me in the forum is the events thread. I love to follow the comments (live or not) which often make me get interested to other skaters and the insight given is very interesting.

Must say I've always appreciated FS but have been a very very casual viewer (until the moment I came across this beautiful-skater-I'm-not-even-going-to-name and until I discovered the so precious comments by Max&Angelo which open a world in front of me) so I discover new things everyday and a lot thanks to you here :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

So, given all the information and database I've been leeching here, I hope I would once be able to give back at least a small something. Maybe I can try to help out on some translations (I'm nothing close to a pro but I do speak japanese, italian and french - even if I have a feeling this one is never needed). However I have to say I arrive almost always too late to make a contribution :13877886: 

Well, I think my post is already too long, sorry for that. See you in the other threads :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

Hiii! I'm Alexeia. I've been lurking for a long time, hoping in vain that my infatuation will eventually pass, but I've recently realized, with sadness in my heart, that it's a lost battle and I should just embrace the fact I'm a legit fan now. 

I've been watching figure skating since I was a kid, but I only ever got intense about it every 4 years, during Olympics. I've had many, many skaters that I liked and admired through the years and Yuzuru has been one of them since his first R&J program. I wish I had a lovely, inspiring story about how he changed from a skater I liked to a skater I love, like most of you do! There are so many amazing, uplifting and brilliant things about him and I adore every single one, but the point of no return for me were his shimmery, purple LGC pants because I'm a shallow girl and his legs and butt looked divine in them. He was the one I always cheered for from then on and the more I learnt about him the more I appreciated him, as a person and as a skater. His injury last year turned me into someone who obsessively checks for updates on him and religiously reads this forum though. I feel like it was game over for me then :( It still took me a while to sign up and then decide to write this and introduce myself. 

Hello I'm BW from OZ (land where water swirls the other way around when you flush). I've been lurking here for a while since last year sometime. This is my go-to site when it comes to check on all Yuzu stuff and fluff. I just love watching Yuzu skate, smile, laugh, eat, even just to see him breathe...sounds like a proper stalker but I can't help it!! Never thought I'd join a figure skater's fan site but I guess it's better late than never in this case so here I am.

Though I'm Japanese, bc I live in land of OZ, I thought there's not much point in joining Japanese fan club where majority of the activities actually take place around there. But here on Planet Hanyu, I feel I can be pretty much just an observer of the planet's only resident on and off ice without feeling too much pressure from anything or anybody. I've been watching figure skating over the years but not as a keen FS fan but as a casual TaV viewer. Whenever FS event is on TV, I'd watch them but not outside that. Since I discovered Yuzu, this has changed.

I don't know how to say what I feel when I watch him skates as that is one of a kind never can feel for anything else. My absolute fav program of his is RJ1 from 2012 worlds. I cry every time I watch it. 

The world is a better place with Yuzu in it. That's what I believe these days...

Thank you so much for all the members' posts, I spend hours just reading them. I love Yuzu and all of you guys!!

On 19/3/2018 at 8:49 PM, CookieMaster said:

Hello I'm new here, well sort of

ive had an account but havent gotten around to using it for a while

I'm Cookie, almost 21 years old and I live in Pakistan. I found yuzuru when I cam across is parisian walkways performance at the olympics. I fell in love but I didnt start taking a huge ineterest in him until recently. ive never been a fan of any sports but I can never get enough of his skating

I have a few questions. im still new so does anyone have advice on what places to follow to make sure im updated on all yuzu relating things (from news to photos etc), maybe on this forum or someplace else. also is there a masterlist or index of all yuzu related media? i want to get to know him more

thankyou in advance!

oh and im also a fan of BTS and anime! (currently super into the devilman series)

I love your naaame hahaa it's so cute (You like Jungkook I suppose :) I'm a longtime ELF)

Anyway I think Tumblr is a very rich source of information about Yuzu and about FS. If you find the right blogs then a round through those will be enough to supply you with most of what you need to know (with ocassional self-google). Of course the-real-xmonster is the ultimate blog for fanyus to learn about the sport and understand Yuzu's greatness. That's a must for anyone that likes him imo. Other blogs you will come across and choose some of your taste, it's very diverse up there. You can just start with yuzuru tag and I'm sure a lot will pop up instantly.

And for news, I suggest Insta, or Twitter according to everyone (although I never use Twitter). Basically if you can keep up with the Planet I'm sure our lovely citizens will share most of the news on General Yuzuru Chat.

And welcome to the Planet!  :peek:

26 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

I love your naaame hahaa it's so cute (You like Jungkook I suppose :) I'm a longtime ELF)

Anyway I think Tumblr is a very rich source of information about Yuzu and about FS. If you find the right blogs then a round through those will be enough to supply you with most of what you need to know (with ocassional self-google). Of course the-real-xmonster is the ultimate blog for fanyus to learn about the sport and understand Yuzu's greatness. That's a must for anyone that likes him imo. Other blogs you will come across and choose some of your taste, it's very diverse up there. You can just start with yuzuru tag and I'm sure a lot will pop up instantly.

And for news, I suggest Insta, or Twitter according to everyone (although I never use Twitter). Basically if you can keep up with the Planet I'm sure our lovely citizens will share most of the news on General Yuzuru Chat.

And welcome to the Planet!  :peek:

haha thankyou! yes ur right jungkook's my fav

thankyou for that blog link, I'll be sure to follow them :peekapooh:

Hi, 

My name is Loretta Vivien

I'm hungarian living in Romania. I recently followed the olympics, during my break from university and I fell in love with the skaters and the performances. I do not know very much about the technical aspect of it all, but I would like to learn more and follow Yuzuru's career more closely! 

That's all ^^

2 hours ago, Vivien said:

Hi, 

My name is Loretta Vivien

I'm hungarian living in Romania. I recently followed the olympics, during my break from university and I fell in love with the skaters and the performances. I do not know very much about the technical aspect of it all, but I would like to learn more and follow Yuzuru's career more closely! 

That's all ^^

Welcome :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Hello!!

My Name is Mine im from Mexico, and Love Yuzu and figure skating, ive always liked FS but i was just a casual viewer, Love to Skate though ive never had a Training Session, i watched Movies and read about it but a couple years ago i discovered Yuzu and loved him, also we're the Same age so i think thats cool, lol, because of him i got more into FS, so now i like so many skaters, Javi, Misha, Shoma, Alex and Maia, etc.... 

But this season  and Yuzu journey to become Olympic Champion was what really got me, so here i am, since i finally decided to register!

Also, Im still not  good enough at really understanding technical elements but im on it.

A bit about me, i Love other Sports like Swimming or climbing, i love photography and to read, be it novels, or manga, i like to watch anime, tv series, and Korean dramas, i also like Kpop (JYJ and Bigbang), im in College and a Math major. Just a week ago decided to learn japanese.... so right now im trying to memorise the hiragana characters...  i hope some day i will be able to understand Japanese... 

Anyways, Hello, and i hope we can be friends! :peek: 

1 hour ago, Mineeal said:

Hello!!

My Name is Mine im from Mexico, and Love Yuzu and figure skating, ive always liked FS but i was just a casual viewer, Love to Skate though ive never had a Training Session, i watched Movies and read about it but a couple years ago i discovered Yuzu and loved him, also we're the Same age so i think thats cool, lol, because of him i got more into FS, so now i like so many skaters, Javi, Misha, Shoma, Alex and Maia, etc.... 

But this season  and Yuzu journey to become Olympic Champion was what really got me, so here i am, since i finally decided to register!

Also, Im still not  good enough at really understanding technical elements but im on it.

A bit about me, i Love other Sports like Swimming or climbing, i love photography and to read, be it novels, or manga, i like to watch anime, tv series, and Korean dramas, i also like Kpop (JYJ and Bigbang), im in College and a Math major. Just a week ago decided to learn japanese.... so right now im trying to memorise the hiragana characters...  i hope some day i will be able to understand Japanese... 

Anyways, Hello, and i hope we can be friends! :peek: 

Hola y bienvenida:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Kat. I live in the US. I've been following Yuzuru since Sochi. I have always been a casual watcher and follower of Figure skating, but I confess spotting the different types of jumps and all the techniques are lost on me. I just love watching how graceful the skaters are and how they incorporate the music into their routines.

It was that very factor that had me honing in so much on Yuzuru. The way he blended the music with his routine. I was in awe, he really struck me as the full package. Elegence mixed with power. My favorite skating routines of his are H&L, Notte Stellata, Semei, and White Legend.

Aside from Yuzuru, i do like/watch: Adam Rippon, Nathan Chen, Vincent Zhou, Jin Boyang, Javier Fernandez. I love musicals and when i heard "the impossible dream" start i ran into the living room to see which skater it was and have just loved watching him skate ever since. Clearly, im very easy to please.

A little bit about me: i used to live in Japan for 7years on a military base growing up.

I LOVE to read history books, autobiographies on some of my favorite authors, and a variety of classics: Romance of the 3 kingdoms, Dreaming of a Red Chamber, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Evelina, ect. Anything by Margaret Atwood and Amy Tan are also usually winners for me 

So...yeah..i may not post often, but i love this site and everyone seems pretty friendly; i just dont know much about actual technique and spotting the different jumps to feel i can contribute much.

Hi, I have been following Yuzu since after Sochi when I scoured the internet for any information on this beautiful skater. I have watched figure skating over the course of many years, but when I saw the YouTube of Yuzu skating at Worlds in Nice, I was hopelessly hooked and no one else could understand why I suddenly loved to watch men’s figures skating.  I used to think men’s figure skating was boring and pretty stiff looking as they prepared for a long time before a jump.  But this young, angelic looking boy was jumping out of nowhere and creating a beautiful flow from one element to the next.  I joined a skating forum and lurked for the most part.  I’m not very good technically so I have always been a little intimidated about all the different apps.  Then I did something I have never done before. I went to see Yuzu at Worlds in Boston. It was a mixture of emotions because he was injured, but seeing him skate live was incredible. It didn’t matter that my friends thought I was crazy and that they couldn’t understand when I tried to explain how effortless and other worldly his skating was.  I had never been to a skating competition  before but I loved his Seimei costume so much that I had to see it live.  Pyeongchang olympics were special to me because the programs were the same as those I saw in Boston, but this time he skated victory.  I watched his SP and FS live and was screaming at the tv when he won.  My family, friends and coworkers all know the name Yuzuru Hanyu or that Japanese skater that won two gold medals.  They still think I’m crazy, but I love watching him skate and respect and admire his character.  Sorry, I’ve rambled a long time........I just feel safe here sharing the joy of Yuzu.