Introductions

Hydroblade

13 minutes ago, Rora1608 said:

I'm from Verona, so fortunately I'm very close to Milan! I hope everything works out for you and the volunteer thing :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: I worked once at Opera on Ice and I met Carolina Kostner and saw Stephane Lambiel :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: I couldn't meet him and talk to him but he walked near me, I'm happy anyway :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

I would really like to meet other italian fs fans :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: I'm so unlucky, here no one even knows that fs is an Olympic sport :laughing:

Il gruppo lo conoscevo già, lo seguo ogni giorno e anche Ambesi su FB e Twitter! Adoro i suoi commenti e di Dolfini sul pattinaggio, cerco sempre di vedere le gare con i loro commenti e seguo sempre Kiss&Cry. Mi fanno morire quando "impazziscono" per Yuzuru :laughing:

Oooh I've never been to Verona! And amazing that you got to work there! Probably, Worlds will be a chance to get to know some of the users here, which makes me very happy :embSwan: Everybody is too nice. You will soon discover for yourself. Also, competition time is so crazy, I can't even. I would never go back to watch them on my own! xD 

9 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Oooh I've never been to Verona! And amazing that you got to work there! Probably, Worlds will be a chance to get to know some of the users here, which makes me very happy :embSwan: Everybody is too nice. You will soon discover for yourself. Also, competition time is so crazy, I can't even. I would never go back to watch them on my own! xD 

I always have to watch everything on my own and comment to myself :sadPooh: I usually comment on my FB too but it's like talking to the wind, no one cares about my posts and fs in general and I feel like a crazy sometimes cause I always write with a lot of passion and probably no one understand me there :tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5:

I hope to meet a lot of people at Worlds. I don't want to be by myself all the week, I hope to make some friends at the beginning but I'm a bit awkward and not really good with introducing myself to people :13877886:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a quite recent fan of figure skating, but have watched a lot in the last year.

Yuzuru Hanyu is one of the main reasons I got pulled in and I'm even using him to get other people into figure skating.

This seems like a friendlier and more sane place than GS, and I am looking forward to talk about loving figure skating with you all.

I once created a GS account... then after a week never logged back on. I don't even remember my name on there yeet.

Uh, anyways, my name is Asahi and while name may suggest it I do not actually speak more than extremely basic Japanese :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: Only what can be remembered from childhood. 

I suppose I am always a "fan" of figure skating as I have been figure skating myself since I was about five after watching 2006 Olympics and [shame me all you want] seeing Stéphane Lambiel, must to the exasperation of my mother because I couldn't just do ballet like my older sister. But I not actually try and follow since 2010 Olympics, and failed at the attempt until 2012 and I actually know how to work my way around internet a bit more. I discover Yuzuru in 2013 and have followed him and loved him since! I was happy to see him win Olys lol only maed me love him more >:3

I don't know what I'm actually supposed to say lol sorry for any bad English when I get tired it kind of just slips because I was raised in a non-English speaking house

• 2 months later...

Hello!(-3-)

My name is Pethronella Cynthia and I'm unofficially 17 years old(still stuck in 16).Well,I became Yuzuru's fan around May 2017 after watching his free skate performance at Worlds 2017.Since that,I often looked up at his beautiful performances......😁

About me:The funniest thing is,my birthday is just one day after Boyang's birthday...:smiley-laughing021:

By the way,I'm from Malaysia and spoke Malay and English language mostly.

23 minutes ago, YurachkaSpacePooh said:

Hello!(-3-)

My name is Pethronella Cynthia and I'm unofficially 17 years old(still stuck in 16).Well,I became Yuzuru's fan around May 2017 after watching his free skate performance at Worlds 2017.Since that,I often looked up at his beautiful performances......😁

About me:The funniest thing is,my birthday is just one day after Boyang's birthday...:smiley-laughing021:

By the way,I'm from Malaysia and spoke Malay and English language mostly.

:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:Welcome to the Madness!

hello! i'm mavee, i've known yuzu since 2014 :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:(yes i am THAT fanyu who found him on tumblr oops)

i just decided to join planet hanyu because i realized where else could i be an unapologetic fanyu but here? :laughing:

i... don't really know how forums work but i'll try to be active! feel free to message/talk to me anytime~ 

1 hour ago, biellmanns said:

hello! i'm mavee, i've known yuzu since 2014 :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:(yes i am THAT fanyu who found him on tumblr oops)

i just decided to join planet hanyu because i realized where else could i be an unapologetic fanyu but here? :laughing:

i... don't really know how forums work but i'll try to be active! feel free to message/talk to me anytime~ 

Welcome :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Hi there! 

Just found this forum less than an hour ago whilst searching for reliable sources of info about 2019 Worlds (yes, I know it's still a little early :snmouchotto:)  and immediately decided to register. I post on GS sometimes but tend to find it a little too much and too US-centric there. Here the atmosphere seems friendly and positive, plus you've got great emoticons! :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

Anyway, my love for Yuzu started in 2014. I skated as a kid but after "retiring" my interest in watching the sport was a bit on and off for years. He was the one to pull me in again and has ruled my fandom heart ever since. My dream is to watch him live and will be manifesting for the right stars to align!

6 hours ago, draka said:

Hi there! 

Just found this forum less than an hour ago whilst searching for reliable sources of info about 2019 Worlds (yes, I know it's still a little early :snmouchotto:)  and immediately decided to register. I post on GS sometimes but tend to find it a little too much and too US-centric there. Here the atmosphere seems friendly and positive, plus you've got great emoticons! :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

Anyway, my love for Yuzu started in 2014. I skated as a kid but after "retiring" my interest in watching the sport was a bit on and off for years. He was the one to pull me in again and has ruled my fandom heart ever since. My dream is to watch him live and will be manifesting for the right stars to align!

Welcome to the planet!!! and you have no idea how happy we are about our emoticon collection pulling new members in :LOL:

6 hours ago, YuMei said:

hello!:)

after months of lurking i finally decided to make an account cause the drought season is upon us and i don't want to spend it alone again :biggrin:

so i wanted to introduce myself first, before being active on main threads  :) (btw sorry for my english, it's not my first language..also...rereading this post..sorry for its length :facepalm:)

i’m from Slovakia and i’ve been a fan of figure skating ever since i was a little kid (thanks grandpa), however i missed quite a few years because life and stuff got in the way. i stopped keeping up with figure skating around the time Plushenko went on hiatus (2009?), i didn’t even watch Sochi2014 and i only came back in 2016 because..well that’s the story about how i discovered Yuzuru :biggrin:

so in 2016, the european championships were held in my hometown...and because it’s a rare occasion that something this interesting is being held in my country, it was impossible to not know about it, even if i haven’t paid attention to FS in years. i didn’t go because i had a skiing trip planned, but i watched every event on the tv. to my big shock, i didn’t know any of the skaters (i was just as lost as my fiancé who never watched FS before:D) and while watching them certainly made me remember why i used to love figure skating so much, none of them caught my attention in a way that would make me want to start following every competition again. 

but then (during the men medal ceremony iirc), the commentator mentioned someone named Hanyu and said something along the lines that he’s currently Javier's biggest rival (and Javi just won his 4th consecutive title so yeah, i was intrigued to find out who can be better than that). i googled isu rankings and here he was, no.1 Yuzuru Hanyu. so i went on youtube, not knowing anything about him aside from his name, and randomly clicked on a video - it was his GPF2015 Seimei. i can’t even describe what i felt while watching, it was like nothing i’ve ever seen before. i felt like i was being bewitched…and i knew, even before he finished his last spin, that i just found my favourite skater. i spent the night watching his other programs (and rewatching Seimei..that program will forever have a special place in my heart..hence my username...YUzuru+ SeiMEI :D) and reading about his accomplishments and life story, confirming my gut feeling that he’s really something special..

it’s very stressful to be a Yuzuru Hanyu fan, but also very, very rewarding..and it has nothing to do with how many medals or titles or world records he holds…i’m just happy to be alive to witness it all :sadPooh:

Welcome to the planet, congrats on unlurking and thanks for sharing your story :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Yuzu is so so special, he just grips your heart and twists it and it hurts but you actually enjoy it:13877886: 

eta: sorry for being dramatic lol

19 hours ago, YuMei said:

so i went on youtube, not knowing anything about him aside from his name, and randomly clicked on a video - it was his GPF2015 Seimei. i can’t even describe what i felt while watching, it was like nothing i’ve ever seen before. i felt like i was being bewitched…and i knew, even before he finished his last spin, that i just found my favourite skater. 

Hey, welcome! I'm totally in your shoes. Bewitched by Yuzuru? Tick! Won over by Seimei? Tick! Lurked here before joining? Tick!

I even remember when he won me over: after the last jump, spin, then he stood up and did the hand thing, with a fiery look on his face. That's when I became a Fanyu.

It's nice that you can ski/skate. I'm terrified of speed so I can only do cross-country. :)

Hi I'm Alicia! :snpeace:I'm from  the USA and 21~ 

Honestly i think i found yuzuru after the last olympics and kept the occasional tab on tumblr since then but this time I've fallen into the pitfall. I blame the fact that i started following fanyu twitters. There was just too much cute from gala practice (butt spins? like my goodness the smile and cuteness of it all :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:) but also learning he did everything on painkillers just made me admire him more. (As if I really needed to be convinced beyond his two ogm) But i'm having a great time seeing his cuteness, the loveliness of his programs and interactions with other skaters. 

I likely won't post too much since I still don't know much about ice skating and i haven't really watched that much stuff yet. //sweatdrops but it's also been a while since i've been active on a forum, they died out in popularity in my kpop fandoms

Oh and a random fact I realized recently, as a kid i carpooled with two of nathan chen's cousins. 

also since i was lurking here before, i just had to use the emoticons because they're just so cuteeeee.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I'm new here, well sort of

ive had an account but havent gotten around to using it for a while

I'm Cookie, almost 21 years old and I live in Pakistan. I found yuzuru when I cam across is parisian walkways performance at the olympics. I fell in love but I didnt start taking a huge ineterest in him until recently. ive never been a fan of any sports but I can never get enough of his skating

I have a few questions. im still new so does anyone have advice on what places to follow to make sure im updated on all yuzu relating things (from news to photos etc), maybe on this forum or someplace else. also is there a masterlist or index of all yuzu related media? i want to get to know him more

thankyou in advance!

oh and im also a fan of BTS and anime! (currently super into the devilman series)