Introductions

Hydroblade

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone ! I never introduced my self properly on this forum so here I go...

I have been a fan of our beloved Yuzuru since 2012, when I got the chance to see him live at the World championships in Nice. At this time my all-time fave was Joubert, but I fell in love with Yuzu's skating even though he robbed Brian's medal LOL. I was lucky enough to witness his greatness live again in the Trophée Bompard and 2016 GPF. 

As for skating in general, I used to skate myself at a modest level, and my others faves at the moment are mostly the Japanese Ladies, Shoma Uno, Liza Tuktik, Evgenia Medvedeva, Gabrielle Daleman, Kevin Aymoz, and many more :) 

I am to excited that Yuzu debuted his season and wish him great !! It's a pure joy to watch him pursue his carreer when he has everything already, we are lucky! 

• 1 month later...

Hiya! I’m Milly I’m 17 and from England! I’ve only recently discovered Yuzuru after he popped up on my twitter feed! Yet I’m in awe and he’s so sweet too! So I’ve been binge watching videos since! I also started watching Yuri!!! On ice (years late I know, yet better late than never haha!) Yet I really hope to learn about ice~skating and take some lessons, and also maybe learn Japanese too! (Hoping it’s a little like korean since I know about a 4 year olds of that heheh!) anyways, any help starting off would be kindly appreciated xxx

@nlm78 kudos for de-lurking, please don’t stop posting! 

@Pika nice getting an experienced fan of Yuzu’s into the fold, just envy you being in Nice at that moment! Must have been magical! 

@yeiii just join the crowd, it can be pretty instructive, don’t hesitate to ask anything no matter how silly it might seem to you. 

Welcome, all of you! 

Hi! I'm Cailey and I'm from Canada! The first time I watched Yuzu I was watching the men's long program at 2016 Skate Canada because I was a big fan of Patrick Chan. Long story short, I spent the next 3 years following him everywhere! I've been hanging around planet hanyu all summer but I'm glad I finally joined, especially before NHK and the Grand Prix Final! 

Also, I'm glad I can use the Yuzu gifs and photos in these messages now!

:knc_yuzu2:

17 hours ago, cupcake said:

Hi! I'm Cailey and I'm from Canada! The first time I watched Yuzu I was watching the men's long program at 2016 Skate Canada because I was a big fan of Patrick Chan. Long story short, I spent the next 3 years following him everywhere! I've been hanging around planet hanyu all summer but I'm glad I finally joined, especially before NHK and the Grand Prix Final! 

Also, I'm glad I can use the Yuzu gifs and photos in these messages now!

:knc_yuzu2:

Welcome! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Just in time for our long-due yearly NHK meltdown!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I’m Marti and I’m from Italy!

:peekapooh:

I discovered figure skating through Yuri on ice while it was still airing (ages ago) but I have been trying to follow “seriously” this amazing sport only in the last year or so.

I’ve decided to finally join the forum after having been oh so lucky to see Yuzuru live in Turin at the GPF, yesterday. It was so amazing! But it made me understand that my knowledge of FS stuff is just above average

and I want to change that and enjoy Yuzu’s work on a more knowledgeable way as he deserves.

So, thank you for this really useful forum and please bear my future idiotic questions.

Didn’t even know this thread was here, but I guess I’ll introduce myself now! Hi, I’m Ireland (yes, like the country). I’ve been following Yuzu for a year and a half now, but only really started learning about all the little details in the last few months.

I’ve been interested in figure skating since I was really little, but I’m horrible at skating and was recently diagnosed with a chronic illness that makes me too weak for most physical activity. Yuzu provides me with an outlet for my lost love!

My username originates from my hometown, where Winnie the Pooh was created (and the city he was named after)!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I'm one of those that kind of found figure skating through Yuri on Ice, and I started more or less following the real thing during Worlds 2017. I will probably forever regret not actually being there even though I live in Finland, but at least I've been able to see some of my favourites in Finlandia Trophy and GP Helsinki since then - including Yuzuru, who is absolutely mesmerizing to watch!

I started figure skating myself in January, but I broke my ankle last month so I've been taking a break :headdesk2:. At least there have been lots of competitions to watch while resting.

I found this forum while searching for info on FaOI - I'll be traveling to Japan next year and I hope I'll be able to get a ticket! In the meantime, this forum looked like a nice place, and you have all of these amazing gifs/pics to use instead of regular emojis, so sign me up. (Although tbh I'm usually not the most talkative one on forums.) Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Hey everyone! My name is Malika, I'm from Kazakhstan. New to this forum and new to the whole figure skating stuff. Never really followed this sport until this autumn when out of the blue YouTube graciously threw me a video of Yuzu skating his FS on the WC this March. What can I say? I was instantly hooked :) Never even thought that Japan has such talented skaters. I can say that I was pleasantly surprised. So now I'm a fan I guess)) I prefer watching Men and Ice Dance competitions. For some reason I'm not that interested in Ladies and Pairs :scratch3:

I do not skate myself and I'm generally not a sports person. But I do love watching an occasional basketball match and now figure skating of course.

Really glad I've found this forum when I was looking for info on the upcoming 4CC - helped me plan my trip to see Yuzu live for the first time! 

Anyhow, nice to meet everyone here! :clapclap4:

Hello! I’ve joined a couple of weeks ago but have yet to introduce myself here so here we go!

I’m currently a college student and beginner figure skater. Figure skating is my greatest love and something I’ll always regret is not being able to skate a lot since I was a child as lessons are so costly :( 

I’ve been a casual Yuzu fan before but it wasn’t until this season that I became a huge fan of his! His skating always makes my day better and his passion and perseverance has inspired me so much! 
So glad to have found such an amazing role model and also such a huge community of fans 🥰 

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I've been lurking on this amazing forum for a while and thought it's time to join!

Since I was little I've always wanted to do skating (but no rink near my home), so that never happened. Have only followed skating off and on, now and again, but Hanyu Yuzuru has re-ignited my interest in this sport! I think it's quite a blessing to live in his era. :knc_yuzu2: